Zombie Dawn Outbreak

Talk about various Western Media Here.

Zombie Dawn Outbreak

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Got this for free on googleplay.

The book now has the dubious distinction of the only published novel that I couldn't finish because of how god-awful it is.

My inner grammar nazi wept. Now, I'm not really a grammar nazi, but I expect more from a published piece of work. Conjunctions, where the fuck are the conjuctions? It's like someone took Word and deleted all the "and" "but" and similar words from compound sentences.

The characters? A third through the book all of the main characters are internet tough guys. Imagine Ash from Army of Darkness, minus the sense of responsibility (even heroism) and humor, add heavy rock music. None of the main characters panic or show fear -- it was "oh look, zombie! whoohoo! headshot!" Anyone who wasn't friends with the main characters were "pathetic" "loser" "weiner" who deserved to die.

The plot made me groan. Ok, it's a zombie book. Plot isn't that deep in the first place. Government facility blows up, zombies escape. Here's the problem: zombiefication takes place seconds after being bit. Ok, fine. However, the outbreak reached worldwide proportions in 50 hours. How is that even possible? If you became a zombie seconds after being bit, how would you board a plane? Even if you boarded a plane, turned everyone into a zombie, how does it land? Why does it take 50 hours for even the first news to trickle in if you have planes full of zombies?

It was like reading a story by a twelve year old. That isn't an exaggeration.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Zombie Dawn Outbreak

Postby Spica75 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 pm

:mrgreen:

So, i guess we know what book not to get then...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Zombie Dawn Outbreak

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:47 pm

While I don't need to read it to draw the conclusion that I wouldn't like it, I did look around a bit and Mondu seems to be about the one out of five who didn't like it. Otherwise it was received fairly well. That might just be because not many beyond the targeted audience read it, though.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Return to Western TV/Movies/Books