Downloading fanfiction

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Downloading fanfiction

Postby Darkbane848 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi.

Does anyone know if there are any fanfiction downloaders out there that lets me keep the look\style from the website I download from? More specifically, that lets me download fics from ff.net, while making the file look like it does on ff.net?

I know about DeffNetIzer and FanFictionDownloader, but both of those simply put the text into files with their own style.

The best would probably be if it simply downloaded the .mht version of each chapter (preferably with working chapter links), but so far I haven't been able to find anything that does that.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Re: Downloading fanfiction

Postby slickrcbd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:13 am

There used to be something that worked on Pit of Voles, BUT I think it stopped working a few years back, perhaps around the time they disabled the copy/paste (without using Stylish, Greasemonkey, or userchrome.css to patch your browser). I haven't seen a fic saved that looked like fanfiction.net in almost five years and I do NOT recall what the program used to make them was called. I do have a couple .ZIP files of some fics, mostly in the Harry Potter fandom that are proof that such a thing USED to be possible.

It might have stopped working earlier, when flagfic and the other downloader sites were blocked.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs