The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator, Reborn!

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator, Reborn!

Postby Makoto » Wed May 08, 2013 4:53 am

...the topic, not the generator itself. Well, as I always say, I usually resurrect the topic at least once a year...

The original topic: The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator!

...and now, for a handful of bad ideas.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining The Matrix and Pokemon. The story should use legalizing same-sex marriage as a plot device!

Little did Misty know, she and Ash were both girls, outside the Matrix...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining David Blaine and My Little Pony. The story should use a secret government plot as a plot device!

David magically exposes the fact that alien Ponies crashlanded on Earth, many years ago, and there's been a conspiracy to hide them ever since...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Carmen Sandiego and Final Fantasy 5. The story should use brainwashing as a plot device!

So, that's how Carmen manages to learn so many new trades...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Dexter's Laboratory and World of Warcraft. The story should use a plague as a plot device!

To counter a plague Dee Dee inadvertently released, Dexter temporarily moves everyone into the World of Warcraft realms...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Guitar Hero and Thundercats. The story should use good characters becoming evil as a plot device!

Try as he might, Lion-O could no longer resist the power of the evil Black Guitar...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Dragonball Z and James Bond. The story should use Columbus Day as a plot device!

Android #18 wasn't at all sure why she thought the English spy was... amusing. Or why he thought this “Columbus Day” was the slightest bit important...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Toy Story and the Legend of Zelda. The story should use a sex-change operation as a plot device!

Once again, Zelda cursed what toy maker hadn't bothered to research her enough to know that making an anatomically correct male Shiek was a very bad thing... she would be forever emotionally scarred.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Gundam Wing and King of the Hill. The story should use winning the lottery as a plot device!

Peggy Hill: Who knew? I thought the “Win a Gundam Pilot for a Day” drawing sounded so innocent...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Sesame Street and A-Team. The story should use learning about the magic of friendship as a plot device!

B.A.: I don't care what you say. We ain't gettin' on no plane.
Oscar: That's right. We're staying right here.
Murdock: ………

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Star Wars and Phoenix Wright. The story should use evil characters becoming good as a plot device!

...Darth Vader, defense attorney.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining the National Football League and Inuyasha. The story should use some sort of meta-commentary about how terrible this idea is as a plot device!

Inu-Yasha: No, I'm NOT gonna wear that thing. I don't care if you wanna see what I look like in it, Kagome!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Iron Man and Inuyasha. The story should use a seemingly routine day as a plot device!

Tony Stark smirked slightly to himself, within the comfort of his armor. The chrono gear was functioning better than expected. Shame he'd decided to test it while in Japan, though. The last thing he needed was to be considered a powerful demon from Japanese legend...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Final Fantasy 6 and Metal Gear Solid. The story should use Christmas as a plot device!

Locke frowned. The weird guy who kept popping out of various Christmas present boxes had to be working for the Empire; he just knew it!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining the Monkees and Metroid. The story should use evil characters becoming good as a plot device!

...in which Peter obtains a friendly, obedient little pet Metroid, and everyone lives relatively happily ever after.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining the Legend of Zelda and Tenchi Muyo. The story should use moving to a new place as a plot device!

Tenchi: I still don't see why we had to move to this 'Hyrule,' or what good it does.
Washuu: I've already explained everything. Twice. Now, stop moving around and let my equipment measure you. You'll look good in green.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Teletubbies and Dragonball Z. The story should use Arbor Day as a plot device!

Vegeta: (cracks knuckles) I don't care what they are, Kakarott! This should be no contest at all!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Transformers and Animaniacs. The story should use a seemingly routine day as a plot device!

...in which Megatron discovers that not even his Decepticons are immune to the Anvil Chorus...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Scooby Doo and Godzilla. The story should use robbery as a plot device!

Godzilla: Roooooar.
(Translation: I would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for those kids and their dog.)

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining The Powerpuff Girls and The Simpsons. The story should use furries as a plot device!

Homer: Oh, look at the monkey, hee hee!
Mojo Jojo: ………

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Animal Crossing and Trigun. The story should use a vacation as a plot device!

Vash: No, really! I mean it. Tell me why resetting's such a bad thing?

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Tenchi Muyo and Psych. The story should use unclogging a toilet as a plot device!

Shawn: I'm sensing... you're not an ordinary little girl. And that I never should have bought that toilet.
Gus: You know that's right.
Washuu: So, you claim you're a psychic, huh? Interesting. Mind sitting on that table over there?
Shawn: The one with all the sharp pointy metal things attached to it?

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Tenchi Muyo and The Powerpuff Girls. The story should use a seemingly routine day as a plot device!

When Professor Utonium and Washuu join forces, the Powerpuff Girls suddenly gain six new members...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Yoshi's Island and Naruto. The story should use time travel as a plot device!

Yoshi was confused. Wasn't Baby Mario supposed to be wearing a red cap? Then... who was this blond-haired baby?

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Azumanga Daioh and Phoenix Wright. The story should use a long lost sibling as a plot device!

And so, the youngest lawyer in existence began her new career...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Spaceballs and Mr. Ed. The story should use shopping for an iPad as a plot device!

...in which Dark Helmet realizes that, yes, you can't prod a horse into Ludicrous Speed, let alone convince it to be nice to a guy in bulky black armor...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining 4chan and Resident Evil. The story should use insomnia as a plot device!

Umbrella, Inc.'s latest plan will definitely keep everyone from ever sleeping, again...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining The Magic School Bus and Twilight. The story should use Columbus Day as a plot device!

“What did we run into, Miss Frizzle? I thought it was a person, but it was all sparkly, and stuff!”

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Super Mario Bros. and Sherlock Holmes. The story should use murder as a plot device!

Watson: I dare say, Holmes, this is a particularly puzzling case. What manner of creature would be able – or so bold – as to murder this 'Bowser?'

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Alf. The story should use aliens as a plot device!

ALF: Hey, wait a minute... this isn't Melmac! (To the nearest pony.) Would you happen to have a cat?
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Re: The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator, Reborn

Postby Dumbledork » Wed May 08, 2013 6:34 am

Got this one. I don't think it's a good idea.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Batman and Rugrats. The story should use unplanned pregnancies as a plot device!
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Thu May 09, 2013 12:25 am

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Teletubbies and Code Geass. The story should use regicide as a plot device!

Lelouch " Tinky Winky, give your bag to the Emperor" Tinky Winky does, the bag goes boom!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Harry Potter and M*A*S*H. The story should use a sex-change operation as a plot device!

Cpl. Klinger, who accidently drank the polyjuice potion "I was only bucking for a section 8, not to fit a size 7"

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dexter's Laboratory. The story should use a sex-change operation as a plot device!

When Dee Dee crosses the wires in his body enhancer, Dexter becomes Dextra the Vampire Slayer.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Snakes on a Plane and Inception. The story should use hurricanes as a plot device!

The snakes on a plane were just a dream, the plane was really flying in to a hurricane . . . or was it??

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Clash of the Titans. The story should use mystical creatures as a plot device!

Rainbow Dash takes the roll of Pegasus. Though with talking ponies, who needs Perseus?
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby CRBWildcat » Wed May 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Clarissa Explains it All and Wheel of Fortune. The story should use tornadoes as a plot device!

Further words need not be spoken.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Blue's Clues and Calvin & Hobbes. The story should use a wild west setting as a plot device!

If I'd seen Blue's Clues more than once, I'd probably write this one.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Night of the Living Dead and Final Fantasy 5. The story should use competing in a Rock Band tournament as a plot device!

Oh, dear...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Around the World in 80 Days and William Henry Harrison. The story should use the future as a plot device!

Hmm...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Captain N: The Game Master and Scientology. The story should use alcoholism as a plot device!

Poor Simon Belmont.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Dragonball Z and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The story should use terrorism as a plot device!

What's that, Radditz? You're dimensionally misplaced? Here. Problem solved!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Bill Nye the Science Guy and Mythbusters. The story should use competing in a Rock Band tournament as a plot device!

Um... doable?

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Salute Your Shorts and Twilight. The story should use an overdose as a plot device!

...This would explain a great deal.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Chowder and The United States Supreme Court. The story should use the future as a plot device!

Again, further words need not be spoken.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Professional Wrestling and Final Fantasy 6. The story should use furries as a plot device!

I said, further words need not be spoken! :x

...There. That's better.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:21 am

So, for your holiday viewing displeasure, another round of mediocre crossover challenges.
(No, really. The Generator's been giving me a LOT of mediocre selections of late...)

As usual, the Generator can be found here: The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Captain N: The Game Master. The story should use legalizing same-sex marriage as a plot device!

Crow: Servo, we never should've introduced you to Game Boy.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Indiana Jones. The story should use furries as a plot device!

Indiana: I take it back. Ponies are MUCH more scary than snakes.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and NASCAR. The story should use learning about the magic of friendship as a plot device!

Strangely enough, it didn't take the ponies long at all to learn how to drive...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Trigun and Sesame Street. The story should use good characters becoming evil as a plot device!

Vash had to admit, he wasn't entirely sure what to make of Knives' new partner, a tall yellow bird...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Animaniacs and Dragonball Z. The story should use alternate dimensions as a plot device!

Vegeta warily regarded the newcomers, glaring at them. It wasn't often dog-like creatures hopped through a dimensional vortex and flattened your mortal enemy with an... what was that Earth-item called? An anvil. Cell was supposed to have been his, damn it!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Mega Man and Ah! My Goddess. The story should use magic as a plot device!

“Roll... umm, Light?” the dark-haired Goddess asked, taking a look around as she rose from the bathtub water. “I'm here to grant-- whoa.”

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Quantum Leap and Mega Man. The story should use a plane crash as a plot device!

If one listened closely, from amidst the wreckage, they could hear Roll pulling herself free with a muttered, “Oh... boy.”

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Final Fantasy 5. The story should use a party as a plot device!

Faris groaned. Whatever they'd been offering at that party last night, she wanted more. No way she could be seeing weird marks forming on the backs of every Chocobo they passed... worse, and Boco, too.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Star Wars and Ah! My Goddess. The story should use an important election as a plot device!

Urd: For the last time, I did NOT give Palpatine a wish! He won that election on his own!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Bill Nye the Science Guy and Tenchi Muyo. The story should use a long lost sibling as a plot device!

Washuu: Yeah, sure. You've probably seen him on TV. He hosts a science show for the kids. Mihoshi watches it all the time, when she's not wreaking havoc in my lab.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Spaceballs and The Magic School Bus. The story should use religion as a plot device!

Yogurt: You see, kids, your teacher has neglected to teach you of the one greatest religion of all.
Ralphie: ...Merchandising?
Yogurt: That's right! (ruffles Ralphie's hair) You're a smart little... ahem. Why, don't you realize how many people in this galaxy would love their own Magic School Bus DVDs?

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Robocop and Family Circus. The story should use an abandoned amusement park as a plot device!

...in which one need only follow the dotted line to see how eventful Robocop's latest bust turned out to be.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Doctor Who and Sailor Moon. The story should use aliens as a plot device!

The Doctor: Never again, Rose Tyler. I want you to promise me, you'll never ever make me imagine a Dalek in a Senshi uniform, ever again!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Mystery Science Theater 3000. The story should use brainwashing as a plot device!

Crow: Remind me again, Joel, why you thought it was a good idea to reprogram Gypsy to believe she's got a Cutie Mark?

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Shrek and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The story should use drug abuse as a plot device!

Shrek: Tell me, Donkey, you haven't turned pink and have some stupid mark on your rear...

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Donkey Kong and Transformers. The story should use car accidents as a plot device!

Prime grumbled. If not for that odd ape tossing around barrels from inside a construction zone, he'd have caught the Stunticons with no problems.

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Step by Step and Malcolm in the Middle. The story should use puberty as a plot device!

...wait, what challenge?

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Street Sharks and Naruto. The story should use a vacation as a plot device!

At least once a year, Kisame made it a point to visit his distant grandparents…
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Urd: For the last time, I did NOT give Palpatine a wish! He won that election on his own!

:lol:

The Doctor: Never again, Rose Tyler. I want you to promise me, you'll never ever make me imagine a Dalek in a Senshi uniform, ever again!

:mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:33 pm

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Neil Patrick Harris and Orange is the New Black. The story should use balancing the US budget as a plot device!

...a musical number about cons running our federal government. Oh wait, here comes the presidential solo
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:34 am

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Neil Patrick Harris and Orange is the New Black. The story should use balancing the US budget as a plot device!

I see a crossover with Read or Die... I could picture the British Library Special assets like Readman doing so.... perhaps assigned under contract in an agreement with the Mr. Gentleman.

*And in each episode, the president is still shown wetting his pants...

(If you did not know, that is a trademark of that particular series)
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Which is why the president has a solo, no one wants to be in the scene with him doing that all the time
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:47 am

For about five years, now, I've had a "tradition" where at least once a year, I take several runs from the Generator and attempt to write humorous responses to them. This year... I kept putting it off, until I checked the Generator about a month ago, and it was broken. Still is, unfortunately. And any snapshots saved by the webarchives only give what "idea" was generated at the time of the snapshot.

So, I don't know... maybe it's time to end the "tradition" as a definite once-a-year thing. If the Generator doesn't return, I've got several Generator runs saved to a list... they're not as 'great' as I'd prefer, though, or else I would have already used them. :oops:
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:31 am

You could download something like "Tablesmith" and make your own generator?

The format of the generator is extremely simple([Text+3 random picks]), so you could probably extend it as well without requiring all that much effort. Make it more variable and adding more sources to pick for example, not hard.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:53 am

It's not as much fun writing joke responses to the output of your own generator. :mrgreen:
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:33 am

Makoto wrote:It's not as much fun writing joke responses to the output of your own generator. :mrgreen:

True... Though i´m sure people on the forum would be willing to contribute to the generator, to add a bit more flavour to it. :P

Like say, sometimes more than one crossover, or what genre(getting asked to crossover two RomComs into a horrorstory thriller could get interesting for example), a much greater spread of plot devices, a random kliché to include, etc etc...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:38 am

Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:23 am

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Doctor Who and Sailor Moon. The story should use aliens as a plot device!

but doctor, there was nothing worng with the new sailor team that showed up....though they did have trouble with the short skirts and wheeels though. the new senshi....team deleks.....

thats funny and really could be amsuing to write something short though.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs