Ranma is a Mother-Hen

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma is a Mother-Hen

Postby StarrySkyS » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:59 am

Hey, can anyone find a fic where Ranma get's a child/children and is all motherly because of them? It doesn't have to be that Ranma is the one to give birth to the child, adoption or even baby sitting is acceptable as well.

This search in inspired because I remember reading a fic where Ranma get's a job at a day care and later on Nodoka and the Tendo's is quite amazed at 'Ranko's' ability to take care of a baby. Actually, if anyone know of the fic, can you link it? I'm pretty sure I saved it but I can't remember the name of it....
StarrySkyS
Senshi Candidate

Re: Ranma is a Mother-Hen

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:38 am

StarrySkyS wrote:Hey, can anyone find a fic where Ranma get's a child/children and is all motherly because of them? It doesn't have to be that Ranma is the one to give birth to the child, adoption or even baby sitting is acceptable as well.

This search in inspired because I remember reading a fic where Ranma get's a job at a day care and later on Nodoka and the Tendo's is quite amazed at 'Ranko's' ability to take care of a baby. Actually, if anyone know of the fic, can you link it? I'm pretty sure I saved it but I can't remember the name of it....

Can't think of any story except Fragments where day-care was mentioned as one of Ranma's jobs. There was a very odd Ranma Sailor Moon and I think Please Teacher Fusion where he was helping with a whole bunch of adopted kids, but I cannot offhand remember the name of it.

As for Ranma taking on a kid by adoption or other means (not counting birth ones)... there are actually quite a few. A few examples (hardly an entire list):

RANMA 'All We Know of Heaven' by Prospero Hibiki - [Dld Date=01/16/2009] - [Dld Size=87kb] - [Dld File Cnt=4] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
  • - [MD Source=FF.NET] - [MD Rating=M] - [MD Word Cnt=18703]
  • - [MD Summary= My life isn't what it used to be but then time does that to a man. Even men who aren't all the time or aren't necessarily men any longer. But still sometimes when the loneliness is too much to handle I long for that which I cannot have...]
  • - [Direct URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1551342/1/
  • - [Author1 URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/u/64759/

RANMA 'Balance of the Valley' by James Thomas - [Dld Date=07/18/2005] - [Dld Size=140kb] - [Dld Status=Complete]
RANMA 'Childhood Mysteries' by Trscroggs - [Dld Date=05/30/2001] - [Dld Size=88kb] - [Dld File Cnt=6] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
RANMA 'RanmaPapa, ShampooMama' by ShadoeFox - [Dld Date=08/15/2012] - [Dld Size=250kb] - [Dld File Cnt=26] - [Dld Status=Complete]
RANMA-AA 'Silent Hero' by Multiple - [Dld Date=05/19/2006] - [Dld Size=490kb] - [Dld File Cnt=60] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
RANMA-GD 'BattleMage, Book 01 Control' by Ryan Slicer - [Dld Date=08/26/2007] - [Dld Size=206kb] - [Dld File Cnt=3] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
  • - [MD Source=FF.NET] - [MD Rating=M] - [MD Word Cnt=39289]
  • - [MD Summary= Ranma seeks to find a way to gain some control over his chaotic life. Of course some of that control is given up to Nabiki Tendo for some Social training. Takes place after the wedding. A revised version of Love of a Cheetah: Prelude]
  • - [Direct URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3340841/1/
  • - [Author1 URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6997/

RANMA-HEMAN 'Ranma of Grayskull' by Dani Yanega - [Dld Date=07/16/2014] - [Dld Size=1508kb] - [Dld File Cnt=16] - [Dld Status=In Progress]
  • - [MD Source=FF.NET] - [MD Rating=T] - [MD Word Cnt=285663]
  • - [MD Summary= Ranma breaks all engagements at the announcement Happosai gets is final revenge and sends Ranma to Castle Grayskull using ancient magic. Ranma has a new destiny and a new love. This fic has some very Dark spots]
  • - [Direct URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9444230/1/
  • - [Author1 URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4160150/

RANMA-MULTI 'Chaos Crescendo' by Dancing Imp - [Dld Date=03/11/2004] - [Dld Size=632kb] - [Dld File Cnt=12] - [Dld Status=Complete]
RANMA-SM 'Causality' by Ozzallos - [Dld Date=08/04/2012] - [Dld Size=141kb] - [Dld File Cnt=3] - [Dld Status=Inactive - Preview]
RANMA-SM 'Strained Harmony' by Sunshine Temple - [Dld Date=09/03/2014] - [Dld Size=1757kb] - [Dld File Cnt=6] - [Dld Status=In Progress]
RANMA-TM 'Redefined Honor' by Kung-lou - [Dld Date=09/05/2004] - [Dld Size=274kb] - [Dld File Cnt=12] - [Dld Status=Complete]
Note: 'BattleMage, Book 01 Control' by Ryan Slicer also has an earlier incarnation, called 'Love of a Cheetah', and its prelude...

There are also scenes scattered through stories with him having good interactions with little kids, like in 'The Effect of a Horse and a Dragon' by Vimesenthusiast.

EDIT: added 3 more
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:18 am

I don't recall the name of the story (I tried to find it with some key word searches, and failed), but there's this one where Ranma hasn't left China yet, after being cursed, and he ends up adopting a kid or two after their mother died from a fire (whom he tried to save).

I also recall a story (or a part of a series) by Coutuva, where Ranma eventually works in a daycare and really likes the job (though I believe that Ranma is suffering from amnesia during that).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:40 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I also recall a story (or a part of a series) by Coutuva, where Ranma eventually works in a daycare and really likes the job (though I believe that Ranma is suffering from amnesia during that).

It has been a long time, but I do not remember that being in either 'Almost a Miracle', nor 'Goodbye is not Forever'. If it was, must have been a minor part.

That author made other stories, those two are the only ones I think I've read though.

Here is a link to a copy of his home page.

Coutuva's Home Page
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:10 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I don't recall the name of the story (I tried to find it with some key word searches, and failed), but there's this one where Ranma hasn't left China yet, after being cursed, and he ends up adopting a kid or two after their mother died from a fire (whom he tried to save).

I first thought that was a Kevin Hammel story, On Her Own, but that followed a mine collapse. The one you thought of is probably Children Happens by Kenneth Lönnberg
"You can not treat a car like a human! A car needs love!" (W. Röhrl)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Munchkin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:40 pm

You have also have Matron Draconus. The child isn't human, but it has a similar effect.
Munchkin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Té Rowan wrote:I first thought that was a Kevin Hammel story, On Her Own, but that followed a mine collapse. The one you thought of is probably Children Happens by Kenneth Lönnberg
Yeah, the latter is the one I'm thinking of.

PCHeintz72 wrote:It has been a long time, but I do not remember that being in either 'Almost a Miracle', nor 'Goodbye is not Forever'. If it was, must have been a minor part.

That author made other stories, those two are the only ones I think I've read though.

Here is a link to a copy of his home page.

Coutuva's Home Page

I don't remember where in the series it was, but it was a big enough feature, and eventually it was assaulted by armed men for whatever reason. If I remember correctly, at least that part of the story took place in Canada.

EDIT: I think it was Mysteries of the Mind.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search