Ranma /Bento idea

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma /Bento idea

Postby Vahn » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:37 pm

So also having finish watching Bento anime and have no idea how the light novel series work I am just have this idea that's in won't leave me alone. Putting it out there makes it less annoying.

Anyway surprise surprise Ranma won't be the focus here, instead it would be Akane. Why? Because she's the weakest of them all and really doesn't have any special major attack which make her perfectly viable for Ben-to.

Idea- Akane goes out late to get some food and decided to grab some half price Ben-to she saw on Sale. She suddenly get attack by Yo Sato who never pull his punches with her and actually land several hits on her before she attack him back using martial arts skills. She was then amaze by the battle taking place around her after she briefly down Yo and found out the cause to be about Ben-to. She was about to grab the last one when the Ice witch attack her with even greater skill and actually push her back. Yet when she try to counter attack the ice witch hold up the ben-to making Akane confuse when the fighting around her instantly stop and the combatant grumble about their loss.

Her confusion over everything made her wander home in a daze on what was going on at their local supermarket but something bugged her so the next day she went out to see if there were any brawl. She arrive before the half pricing actually start and was about to accuse Yo Sato of being a pervert when he actually complimented her on her skill and promised not to lose to her this time. He then explain to her what was going on seeing her confused look which even made Akane more interested. The ice witch was not in that area that night but Orthus was, Akane feeling that she was a martial artist and should be the best said she would take the wreathed Bento, to her surprise no one scoffed at her instead they told her to prove it in the field.

Akane then get soundly trounce by Orthus and their basket and they take the Wreath one , she recover fast enough to take the last bento from Yo and follow him out to where the other wolves were having their lunch and bento. To her surprise the bento taste better then anything she ever had, even Kasumi cooking and she couldn't figure out why until Yo tells her. Thus Akane is introduce to the Ben-to brawler world.

Possible Route. Ranma and Ryoga finds out and have new found respect for her as they too were wolves at one time before they became too powerful. (Middle school romp flashback)

Now if anyone know what future happen in the light novels , feel free to let me know :D
Last edited by Vahn on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Ranma /Bento idea

Postby Spica75 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Because she's the weakest of them all and really doesn't have any special major attack which make her perfectly viable for Ben-to.

Remember though that she seems to be at her best in a crowd(or she would eventually have lost one of those morning fights no matter what). When i write her i tend to work it as a matter of that when she has time to think about what she´s doing(like against single or few opponents) she does that slower than her body can react unconsciously, desynch happens which makes her worse. This also neatly explains how she can clobber people so easily when she´s pissed off, no time for thinking then. :mrgreen:

Can´t say much since i havent seen Bento, but it certainly seems like very viable idea so far.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Ranma /Bento idea

Postby Vahn » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Oh you so need to watch Ben-to :D Here a scene from that anime. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-t9__D98O0 It's just awesome and I am getting a really strong Akane should be in there vibe.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes