Nekomimi Ranma-chan, Spy Mistress for George Washington

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Nekomimi Ranma-chan, Spy Mistress for George Washington

Postby frice2000 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Silly idea from a post in one of LawOhki's documents. Basically a Cat-girl Ranma-chan is a spy, privateer, and all around bad ass for the Americans during the Revolution. Why America? No reason. Why a cat-girl? No real reason. But honestly, cat-girl pirate? How damn cute is that. Personal relationship that runs back to George Washington's childhood. Why did he chop down that cherry tree? Catgirl stole his ice cream and ran up it that's why. Why is he missing his teeth? Catgirls can not know their own strength sadly. Why did he want to build DC where he did? Close enough to harbors rich with fish of course for his catgirl compatriot!

How did the Americans win against the vastly superior British forces? Rifled muskets? Hit and run tactics? Retreats? France? Psh. Catgirl scouting and awesome piracy work of course!

This would be written totally in a not to be taken seriously fashion. Similar to: Jack of All Trades level of schlocky comedic crackiness. Just thought it was a fun idea someone might want to develop into something.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Nekomimi Ranma-chan, Spy Mistress for George Washington

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:40 pm

frice2000 wrote:Silly idea from a post in one of LawOhki's documents. Basically a Cat-girl Ranma-chan is a spy, privateer, and all around bad ass for the Americans during the Revolution. Why America? No reason. Why a cat-girl? No real reason. But honestly, cat-girl pirate? How damn cute is that. Personal relationship that runs back to George Washington's childhood. Why did he chop down that cherry tree? Catgirl stole his ice cream and ran up it that's why. Why is he missing his teeth? Catgirls can not know their own strength sadly. Why did he want to build DC where he did? Close enough to harbors rich with fish of course for his catgirl compatriot!

How did the Americans win against the vastly superior British forces? Rifled muskets? Hit and run tactics? Retreats? France? Psh. Catgirl scouting and awesome piracy work of course!

This would be written totally in a not to be taken seriously fashion. Similar to: Jack of All Trades level of schlocky comedic crackiness. Just thought it was a fun idea someone might want to develop into something.

If the goal is a cat girl spy... there are tons of other anime characters that could qualify and be completely hilarious... Nuku Nuku for example.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:54 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:If the goal is a cat girl spy... there are tons of other anime characters that could qualify and be completely hilarious... Nuku Nuku for example.

Yes, a whole network of cat girl spies all across the colonies having fun adventures.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:56 am

You do realize, that given the era being discussed that it is more than likely that rather than accept them, they would be tried as demonic beings or a indicator of witches in the area whom have transformed their familiars, or other such nonsense...

Not exactly the safest era, even if more enlightened than say 1600's.

I always loved how to tell if someone is a witch. Burn at stake, see if dies, drown, see if floats or sinks, etc. Real bright thinking there.

EDIT: And yes, I know full well that the Salem witch trials were mostly by hanging, not burning. burning at the stake however was used in Europe for Witchcraft and 'dark arts', etc...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:42 am

All valid concerns if this was meant to be taken as a serious historical sort of drama. It is not. Just silly fun. Sort of like this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11933/Oda_Nobuna_no_Yabou in spirit, but even more crackish. A live action show with the spirit I kind of meant WAS in the link in the first video which would have sort of given you an indication of what I meant. Theme Song of said show, Jack of All Trades. Silly, vaguely historical, but totally fictional insanity.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Maximara » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:21 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:You do realize, that given the era being discussed that it is more than likely that rather than accept them, they would be tried as demonic beings or a indicator of witches in the area whom have transformed their familiars, or other such nonsense...

Not exactly the safest era, even if more enlightened than say 1600's.

I always loved how to tell if someone is a witch. Burn at stake, see if dies, drown, see if floats or sinks, etc. Real bright thinking there.

EDIT: And yes, I know full well that the Salem witch trials were mostly by hanging, not burning. burning at the stake however was used in Europe for Witchcraft and 'dark arts', etc...

Actually by the 1750s Witchcraft had been retaliated to a fraud crime in much of Europe. In fact, being British colonies the Witchcraft Act 1735 would be the law regarding witchcraft in much of the Americas.

Remember the Enlightenment with its 'supernatural...what supernatural?' attitude was in full swing. Gulliver's Travels (1735) captures the mindset that the "modern" "scientific" explorer was going into the world with. Laputa the floating island is not kept aloft by spells but by science. The (to our eyes) insane experiments of Laputa are actually what the real world Royal Society was doing. Even when confronted with the "supernatural" (in Glubbdubdrib) the average explorer was 'ok how can I use this?' not 'die unholy thing of Evil.'
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Zyvorg » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:35 am

This story idea sounds hilarious, I'd love to see someone write this. Oh, and thanks for that link to Jack of all Trades, I'd never seen it before and I am highly amused.
Zyvorg
Initiate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:47 am

frice2000 wrote:All valid concerns if this was meant to be taken as a serious historical sort of drama. It is not. Just silly fun. Sort of like this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11933/Oda_Nobuna_no_Yabou in spirit, but even more crackish. A live action show with the spirit I kind of meant WAS in the link in the first video which would have sort of given you an indication of what I meant. Theme Song of said show, Jack of All Trades. Silly, vaguely historical, but totally fictional insanity.

Someone had started a Ranma cross with that, but did not get far at all...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes