Legacy of Ranma and OLD Fic Im thinking of bring back.

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Legacy of Ranma and OLD Fic Im thinking of bring back.

Postby Knight of Ranko » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:40 pm

I published first chapter nearly a decade ago now im thinking of continuining it... heres the basic outline.

Its a Crossover fic where Ranma is called Ranko and has become a girl , well woman now full time.

my idea is it turns out that Sestuna is behind it.

I know I know I know, that I got it from bad fannon, but saw the idea once or twice, of chess master Sestuna, but it always seems to end with people giving her anvillicious lectures on how she needs to have more faith in the human spirit, or that Safety and security are nothing, without free will, or some such.

I wanted to write a Fanfic Where Chessmaster Sestuna won, and where her way though brutal, manipulative, etc was the one and only way to a better future.

back on track, sorry for the interrupt.

The first 2 chapters I wrote over a decade ago, detail the original freeze, with Ranko, and her husband Ryouga (I know really creative there) freezing to death together then thawing out.

Heres my idea currently, That Ranko finds out that Sestuna as behind it, and some part of Ranma is fanned to life again and able to find a cure (I do not know how yet though lol)

And confronts Sestuna, only for Sestuna to point out that if hed been present Crystal tokyo would have fallen, before a bunch of well intentioned extremists http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WellIntentionedExtremist Overthrew Crystal tokyos monarchy and set up a Republic... but hmmmn say some decision inevitably came up, say some kind of technolagy is invented that needs VERY precise handling, but will give WONDROUS benefits, if practiced CORRECTLY.

so in the end... public greed rushes things, and the world is either destroyed, or turned into a wasteland.

But luckily Pluto Forsaw the situch and decided to prevent it by safekeeping the Crystal tokyo monarchy.

Thoughts, I did start the fic a decade ago, but id be revamping it significantly if I ressurected it.
Knight of Ranko
Senshi Candidate

Re: Legacy of Ranma and OLD Fic Im thinking of bring back.

Postby Maximara » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:48 pm

I don't think it can work. The problem is that we are never shown just what form of government Crystal Tokyo has. Besides in terms of raw power Wiseman his Black Moon clan come off weaker then Sailor Galaxia and her happy group and yet he successfully neutralizes all the Sailor Scouts in the 30th century. More over Crystal Tokyo has a LOT of logic problems--like why are their no outers. Why didn't Neo-Queen Serenity keep tabs on those she exiled?

In short Neo-Queen Serenity comes off as the worst person to make a critical choice--there is a reason that in my fanfic the Saotome Ranma Wiseman of the 30th century calls her Nitwit Queen Simpleton.
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Knight of Ranko » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Ive always guessed the outers, exist in the 30th century but probaly dont have quite as much involvement in the monarchy, as the Inner Senshi do.

And Im guessing on this issue, that NQS would heed Mercurys counsel.
Knight of Ranko
Senshi Candidate

Postby talonhunter » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Concidering for a moment how passive Mercury is in SM canon, and how NQS would be much more inclined to find peaceful solutions, I can see how those exiled could rise to power as they did, but also by exposing their younger selves to a possible future, freezing the assets of crystal Tokyo could very well work in Setsunas favor, with Ranko and Ryoga being keystones to its second renewal. But Setsunas heavy hand could also cause her lots of grief til she regains some form of trust once more. Just my thoughts on it...(And I think I still have your old story on my old laptops hard drive somewhere...:)...)
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Maximara » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:10 am

Knight of Ranko wrote:Ive always guessed the outers, exist in the 30th century but probaly dont have quite as much involvement in the monarchy, as the Inner Senshi do.

And Im guessing on this issue, that NQS would heed Mercurys counsel.

But they are supposed to protect the Moon Kingdom from external threats. Unless Nemesis is part of the solar system (as I make it in my fanfic) they should have been keeping tabs on what the people exiled there were doing.
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Maximara » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:26 am

talonhunter wrote:Concidering for a moment how passive Mercury is in SM canon, and how NQS would be much more inclined to find peaceful solutions, I can see how those exiled could rise to power as they did, but also by exposing their younger selves to a possible future, freezing the assets of crystal Tokyo could very well work in Setsunas favor, with Ranko and Ryoga being keystones to its second renewal. But Setsunas heavy hand could also cause her lots of grief til she regains some form of trust once more. Just my thoughts on it...(And I think I still have your old story on my old laptops hard drive somewhere...:)...)

Except this leaves Rei and the rest. Ami is not passive to the point she is Kasumi and she is supposed to have an analytical mind. Never mind that since Diana comes from Small Lady's time Luna logically exist there (even if we never see her future self) and I can't see Luna just sitting back and letting Neo-Queen Serenity do something as stupid as exiling people and not keeping tabs on them.

No the only way for Wiseman to be as effective as he was would be for the entire Sailor Senshi to go Kuno level of stupid (Do you really want a group that dumb running the world?) or, as in the case with my fanfic, there was something influencing them (which negates the whole Republic argument).
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Knight of Ranko » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Hmmmn,
talonhunter wrote:how

Any ideas what role they can play in the 2nd renewel?

My tenative plan, is for her at the end, to find, serenity, contentment, even happiness, as an effective doormat.
Knight of Ranko
Senshi Candidate

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes