Akane better with short hair or long hair

Post any fanfiction related polls here

Is Akane better looking with Short or Long Hair?

Short
29%
Short
29%
Long
21%
Long
21%

Total votes : 84

Akane better with short hair or long hair

Postby antimatterenergy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:12 am

Is Akane better looking with Short or Long Hair?
Heres a picture of each (sorry about quality but those are what I had easily available)
"Did you really think sealing me in concrete and burying me in the yard was even going to slow me down?!" Ranma v8p92

My Blog: http://ranmarelated.blogspot.com/
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:05 pm

Long, at least then, she looked more feminen(sp?). But either way, I don't care for her personally.
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby nuclear death frog » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:07 pm

Anime_Freak317 wrote:Long, at least then, she looked more feminen(sp?). But either way, I don't care for her personally.

That's pretty much my stance too.
Oh, and, it's F-E-M-I-N-I-N-E.
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby Chirishman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:31 pm

she looked more feminine but less cute. more kasumi less ranma-chan only she didn't have the face or disposition to pull of the Kasumi look. also, what the hell was up with those side burns? they were completely seperate from the rest of her hair and were long enough to strangle someone with.....
Chirishman
Senshi Cadet

Postby Zwzn » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:09 pm

The long hair seemed to fit Akane's personality better. The long hair said to me pampered brat to me.
Nabiki's hair says to me evil when on her head.
Kasumi's hair says ditzy house wife to me when put on her body.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:28 am

I prefer Akane with short hair but that's partly adjustment. I'm just used to seeing Akane with short hair and I generally it takes me a few seconds to recognise her with her hair long and even then it doesn't really seem to be her.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:54 am

I think she looks better with short hair. It seemed more like her than the long hair did. She did ownly grow it out to copy Kasumi, and since she couldn't pull that off I think it was for the better she went back to it being short.
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:38 am

Long hair looks nice on her... However like most I've gotten used to the short-hair gig, and as such voted accordingly.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:18 am

I chose short for the simple fact that I prefer short hair. I think most people look better with shorter hair, Akane in particular being a good example of that. I am in the same boat as Knight there as well, Akane with long hair takes me a moment to click who that is.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Hiryo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:51 am

Definitely long since she looks much better more feminine then with short
hair . . . although I still prefer women like Kasumi and Hinako any day
and time then Akane. ;P
Life to the fullest without regrets and be as happy as you could be.
Hiryo
Senshi Cadet

More feminine with long hair

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:53 pm

I prefer her with long hair. It shows her double standard and her basic nature. Long hair would be a hinderance in a real fight, and she grew it long to steal Dr. Tofu from Kasumi.
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby stratagemini » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:37 pm

I guess it's a tie. With short hair she tends to look like a really effeminate boy. But I'm used to it having only seen her with Long hair for less than two volumes of the Manga.
However Long hair didn't really suit Akane's character as a tomboy. From a purely Aesthetic view point it looks better, but it sort of dilutes the character. Add to that the fact that Akane's decision to keep her hair short shows character growth (she's given up on her unattainable childhood crush), and it really tips the balance towards short hair.
Long hair looks better, but I prefer Akane with short hair because of teh context.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Re: More feminine with long hair

Postby nuclear death frog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:52 pm

Daniel Jess Gibson wrote:I prefer her with long hair. It shows her double standard and her basic nature.

Huh. Well, that's certainly not a viewpoint I've seen before.
Daniel Jess Gibson wrote:Long hair would be a hinderance in a real fight

I'm fairly sure I don't agree with that, at least when it comes to the Ranma-verse. Herb didn't seem too hindered, for one. Well, not by his hair anyway.
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:17 am

Long hair would be a hinderance in a real fight

Akane did the most brutal fighting with long hair (Hentai Horde). As the hair got cut short her fighting diminished mostly to bickering with Ranma, and the occasional fiancee scuffle (not counting incidents as the Dojo Destroyer and such).
So in the Ranma-Verse atleast long hair is by no means a hinderance.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:43 am

I'd have to go with long hair. Akane can be cute with short hair and all, because it fits her pre-Ranma reputation better. She's considered a goddess of sorts by the hentai horde, and long hair is more suitable to a goddess than short hair IMO. The long haired Akane has a bit more attitude to her looks, which fits her firey temper, but she can also be kind and radiant at times.
Short haired Akane can't do radiant that well, and she more often looks frazeled than angry.
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Polls