Sailor Soldier Wars: A Sailor Moon/Super Robot Wars Fusion

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Sailor Soldier Wars: A Sailor Moon/Super Robot Wars Fusion

Postby Comartemis » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:19 pm

No, I am not doing drugs.

Ten thousand years ago, the solar system was ruled over by the powerful and benevolent Queen Serenity and her empire, the Silver Imperium. One day it all came crashing down thanks to the actions of would-be Queen Beryl of Earth and the vile entity Metallia. All of you know this story, I'm sure; the part you didn't hear about was the extensive usage of magitek in the Silver Imperium, most importantly the weapons used by the Queen's elite guards, the Sailor Senshi.

Now it's 2010 AD. In downtown Juuban, Kino Makoto saves a cat from being harassed by a bunch of brats, only for the cat to come back to her later that day and give her a strange device, not a pen of any sort but something along the lines of a wristwatch (or a belt buckle, maybe). While Mako-chan is still trying to figure this out, an explosion sounds in the distance; the Dark Kingdom is back, and they've decided against the subtle approach. When Makoto is inevitably caught up in the attack and uses her new toy to defend herself...

...something like this happens.

Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration I present Sailor Soldier Wars OG Saga, a rewriting of the Sailor Moon series as a Super Robot/Sentai fusion rather than a Magical Girl/Sentai fusion. Instead of skimpy skirts and glorified school uniforms, our heroines are bombing around the city (sometimes literally) in hard suit-like powered armor modeled after old favorites from the Super Robot Wars franchise.

If it worked for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, it'll damn well work for Sailor Moon.

Makoto is the main character of this story, as I feel she's the best-suited (no pun intended) to the role of a hero in a series where love and friendship don't win as many battles as hot blood and massive quantities of firepower (which is definitely not to say that love and friendship have no place here). It's also rather appropriate because her armor's design is based off of a mech which is a massive shout-out to Kamen Rider, and I'm trying to play up the Sentai and "Armored Heroine" elements more than whatever Magical Girl tropes I can't purge from the series.

The plot is largely going to follow the plot of the first season, save that Hotaru may receive an early appearance if I can swing it somehow (maybe by making Makoto's old school be Mugen Gakuen or something and having Hotaru and Mistress Nine get caught up in a Youma rampage. If it works, Hotaru will almost definitely get Shurouga for her armor design). Makoto will still be searching for the Moon Princess, and she'll still be awakening the other Senshi, and Tuxedo Mask will still be around with his own suit of powered armor; I'm debating the idea of basing his armor off of the Aussenseiter (Tux making his sudden rescues to the tune of the Trombe! override is quite possibly the most hysterical mental image I've had in the past few months, and a pair of hand cannons would be a very nice replacement for those stupid roses), with the main point against it being that I really don't want to give Daizengar to Usagi.

The main differences to the story (besides the differing viewpoint character) are that the Dark Kingdom is a lot more overt about their impending reign of terror than they were in the main series; innocent civilians will be dying whenever the Youma start wrecking shit, and there will be lots of running and screaming and JSDF forces trying and failing to do anything to the monsters. It'll be a lot more serious than canon SM, though not to the point of being a Darkfic (this is supposed to be based partially on Super Robot Wars, after all). Also, when she is eventually awakened as Sailor Moon, Usagi turns out to be the weakest member of the team, even moreso than Mercury, who's getting a Real Robot design, though I haven't decided which one just yet.

(From a narrative perspective, this is for elements of drama and character development. Usagi has already been friends with Makoto and the others when she's first awakened and she wants to help them fight the forces of evil (if only to ensure she doesn't lose her precious friends) but she's really not any good at it until she's had a Determinator moment or two and decides to fight anyways even if she can't do anything. From an in-story perspective, the reason for this weakness is that Princess Serenity's armor was still in its' design phases when the Dark Kingdom made their move, and it needs to accumulate combat data via field testing and then be upgraded/finished with the Ginzuishou, at which point Usagi's armor is revealed to be the SRX itself)

So this is what we have so far for armor designs (names with question marks are open to reselection if anyone has a better suggestion):

Usagi: SRX
Ami: ???
Rei: Ryukooh (???)
Makoto: Raioh/Dairaioh
Minako: Valsione/Valsione R (???)
Hotaru: Shurouga
Haruka: ???
Michiru: ???
Setsuna: Dis Astranagant
Chibi-Usa: ...um... Boss Borot? :wink:
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Sailor Soldier Wars: A Sailor Moon/Super Robot Wars Fusion

Postby Light02 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:28 pm

hmm...interesting idea as this place resident SRW fanboy I definatly say you need to re think some mecha choices but that's just me
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:09 pm

So what would you suggest, Light? I've also thought of Granzon/Neo Granzon for Saturn or Nine but I want to avoid having her sit on the bench because her attacks cause too much collateral damage. Cybuster or Vysaga are probably good picks for Haruka, now that I think of it, but like I said I'm open to suggestions.

Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Light02 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:00 pm

hmm good question though I haven't really thought on it. though if your trying to do anything I'd say this

Makoto SoulGain if your having her being the punchy punchy girl
Rei I'd say Weiss Ritter Abend she always comes off as the long range type
Usagi well being as she's the 'holy' element an apohosized shura mech but they are more punchy than she is so probably a gespenst
Ami Farilion she's the brains and Lat had something simular
Minako she's the most well rounded of the group this one I'm still out on

now the outers this is more basied on there powers and the gemik of the games they were in

Hotaru Granzon/Neo Granzon agreed
Haruka Vysaga she has the space sword and Vysaga's main attack is a sword attack
Michiru still debating on
Setsuna Excellence (sorry this one is the most jokey sense Reversal delt with time travel and she's the senshi of time)
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:00 am

Light02 wrote:hmm good question though I haven't really thought on it. though if your trying to do anything I'd say this

Makoto SoulGain if your having her being the punchy punchy girl

Mmm... Soulgain is kinda "meh" if you ask me, and I'd rather use Dairaioh's numerous Kamen Rider shoutouts to emphasize that this is primarily a Sentai/Super Robot series instead of the more familiar magical girl stuff we're used to. On top of that, Dairaioh also has a minor lightning theme going for it, which makes it an even more appropriate choice for Makoto (its name meaning something like "Great Lightning King" doesn't hurt either :P )

Rei I'd say Weiss Ritter Abend she always comes off as the long range type

If it were just a matter of ranged attacks, then any number of mechs would be appropriate for Rei (Wildfalken and the Balgora Glory come to mind immediately). I prefer RyuKoOh because it maintains the spiritual qualities of Rei's attacks, and Ryu's more powerful techniques have a definite fire element to them.

Usagi well being as she's the 'holy' element an apohosized shura mech but they are more punchy than she is so probably a gespenst

Ah, but SRX is the power of teamwork in a great big stompy shooty slashy package, and few things define Usagi better than teamwork and the power of friendship. Besides... a gespenst? I don't want her to be useless for the whole series, Light. :wink:

Ami Farilion she's the brains and Lat had something simular

The Fairlions always worked best when you had two of them, and I don't have anyone to pair Ami up with in another one. You do bring up a good point, however; Ami's always been the Senshi's tactical mind, and it would make good sense to stick her in a mech that requires a lot of skill to pilot properly but offers a lot more than mere firepower. How about the AS Alegrias?

Minako she's the most well rounded of the group this one I'm still out on

The most glamorous Senshi gets the most beautiful mech, of course. :P And the Valsione also has a wide selection of attacks (swords, beams, wide-area explosions...).

now the outers this is more basied on there powers and the gemik of the games they were in

Hotaru Granzon/Neo Granzon agreed

Except there's that problem with TOO MUCH FIREPOWER. I think I'm going to have Hotaru use Shurouga and have Nine corrupt her armor into Neo Granzon if and when she takes control of Hotaru.

Haruka Vysaga she has the space sword and Vysaga's main attack is a sword attack

Not yet she doesn't, not until the talismans are revealed. Cybuster works better on account of the wind alignment.

Michiru still debating on

Not a whole lot of ocean-themed mechs in this series, are there?

Setsuna Excellence (sorry this one is the most jokey sense Reversal delt with time travel and she's the senshi of time)

...Eh, I may as well defend this choice anyways. Dis has a very powerful grim reaper theme to it and it's used by a Time Diver in the main series. Death and Time, Pluto's twin themes. Perfect match, I think.

Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Light02 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:50 pm

I was going on what fit the personality of the character which is why I used a gespenst for Usagi she isn't the big bruiser she's the equivalent of Russel for booting up cold. and your remark about a gespenst being useless you've never used the Mk-II S or even the Gespenst Phantom in OGsaga

and honestly I'd rather see a male character use DaiRaiOh for the fact it is a Kamen Rider homage, female riders/side kicks don't last long.

as for the bird pair they work better for a villian pair than a hero set up

now for Ami and the farilion I stated before about that

as for Valicone and Minako might work but I don't see her as a Jack of All Trades type.

as for your dismissal of vysaga as Haruka's equlivant she's all offense very little defense that's the other reason why I picked that super robot for her, though you have a point on cybuster.

uh only water themed OG mecha I know of is Goddess/Gaddess the Elemental Lord of Water but she's closer to ice than water unless your thinking of giving her the shura general of water's mech

ok you have a better idea for Setsuna than I did (mine was pure joke that was connected with her primary theme of time)
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:44 pm

i dont know anything about the game you are using but watching a bit od the video looks a lot like the front missions games also. i could not offer any ideas about mecha but it sounds like you are going big....if you are going to go big, then go really big or go home.....
but there is the really bad idea for nepturn....a mech painted black and it looks like a 63 lincon and has daeth moblie spray painted on the side.....sorry had to offer 2 cents worth... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Okay... while I'm not so much a fan of Sailor Moon, I am a fan of Super Robot Wars, and therefore give this idea my full approval.

'Tux making his sudden rescues to the tune of the Trombe! override is quite possibly the most hysterical mental image I've had in the past few months'

Quoted for truth, and that I want to see it. Is it just me, or would that be freaking awesome?

And... much as I like Hotaru, I don't think you'd be able to have Makoto's old school be Mugen Gakuen. Mugen's a school for elites - rich kids, geniuses in some field... Unless Makoto had one hell of an inheritance, I don't think she'd have a slot there.

For Rei... I'm gonna go way out there: Alteisen? She is a very aggressive character... :P
Or if you want her to stay ranged, toss her a Reginleif and let her shoot like crazy?

Ami... Ashsaber? It's a real-type, and given that it's equipped with A: a jammer, and B: remote drones, it does fit the 'takes a lot of skill, and can provide support' niche.

Haruka, I'd have to say Cybuster is one of the best fits. Lord of the Wind for the King of the Sky... kinda obvious.

Minako, Angelg is also an option.

Hotaru... isn't it more or less a given that she has too much firepower? Granzon could fit fairly well, in that light.

Setsuna... probably Astranagant or Dis Astranagant, you're right.

Chibi-Usa... is still Sailor Moon. Give her a higher-level (hey, they had to have some tech updating by the year 3000) version of whatever Usagi's got... except that she sucks as a pilot.

Michiru... hm. An alternate route, is that you could give Haruka the Altairlion/Astelion, and give Michiru the Vegalion. It's not like those two don't merit a combination attack or combined mech, after all. (Alteisen/Weissritter, or Wildwuerger/Wildfalken, are also options, in that light)
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Return to Ideas