Ranma/WOW crossover

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma/WOW crossover

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:39 pm

Ranma's training journey goes as usual until Jusenkyo where he falls into the spring of drowned WOW succubus (same looks and techniques as the succubus in the game).

Now there's two ways how this can go, either he goes to Nerima first and there'll be some slapstick humour with the NWC's reaction to the curse before he gets summoned to Azeroth.

Or he gets summoned to Azeroth immediately after he falls into the spring.

The summoner is a warlock who tries to get his/her lvl 20 succubus pet. Well, he/she gets Ranma, definitely not your normal succubus.

There are two ways where this could go

1) The warlock defeats Ranma since she's not used to her new form yet and can't fight well in it. This defeat places a geas on Ranma preventing her from rebelling against her 'master'. Ranma still has his male form, though and he won't be affected in that form.

2) Ranma defeats the warlock who really didn't expect to be attacked in that way. So, no bond and Ranma is free. But as she is new to the world and doesn't know where to go the warlock proposes to help her if she does the same. So Ranma decides to accompany the warlock on his/her journey. An Ranma isn't locked in this version either.

Now, male or female warlock? I'd say female would be the best choice since that would give me the possibility to add some romance later on since even in succubus form Ranma won't have any interest in males, which doiesn't mean she won't use her seduction powers on enemies to get what she wants.

The trickiest thing is to choose a race and faction for the warlock. If there's romance I'd like to have someone that would come closest to Ranma's ideal of beauty, so human would be the best match, but other good choices imho would be Blood Elf, Night Elf. I know that Draenei and Night Elves don't have any warlocks, but why not make an exception?

Ranma's powers: Male Ranma will have his martial arts moves (if he's summoned after he's lived in Nerima for a while then he'd have his more devastating techniques available) and learning curve. He could probably learn a lot of new fighting techniques and the use of weapons on Azeroth. The succubus powers are only available in Ranma's succubus form, but added to the Anything Goes style will be even deadlier. Ranma could become one of the powerhouses in the world of Azeroth.

Ranma would make an excellent spie and could infiltrate some demon ruled places as well as fit in with the Alliance.

So, Horde or Alliance?

Alliance would be best for Ranma if he were able to hide his curse (but then there's the water magnet part). I don't think the alliance would trust him at all, and especially the Scarlet Crusade would be after him.

Horde would probably be more accepting and since I'm more of a Horde player I'd prefer that option anyway.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Hm. Maybe it's just me, but as I remember warlock's pet dissapears when no longer needed. Maybe while Ranma is not needed, he'll be back on Earth? This way you can mix both Ranma and WoW storylines.

Oh, I support the blood elf warlock :D I think that their hunger for new sources of magic rivals Ranma's hunger for new techniques.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:19 pm

The pets disappear when the warlock unsummons them or when they are killed.

But if Ranma manages to defeat the warlock he won't be under the influence of that effect. He'd be free.

But I like the idea of Ranma being sent back periodically after he dies or is dismissed.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:31 pm

If defeating warlock and being free of his influence means not being able to return home (even if it's not true, the warlock can trick him), then he might agree to protect the warlock (or as warlock might put it, be his *pet*) whenever he's summoned, so he could return home.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:40 pm

Kilich wrote:If defeating warlock and being free of his influence means not being able to return home (even if it's not true, the warlock can trick him), then he might agree to protect the warlock (or as warlock might put it, be his *pet*) whenever he's summoned, so he could return home.

Or it could be that Ranma likes his newfound freedom. I'll have to think about it.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby CJN » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:33 am

Here's my thoughts:

- Have Ranma be defeated upon summoning. He would after all focus on fighting the Voidwalker, and don't expect to get DoTed and feared.

- Having Ranma being sent back to Nerima when dismissed is a good idea.

- Summoning him for the first time to Azeroth quite soon after he gets the curse avoids creating a too large level imbalance. I would estimate that canon Ranma would be roughly comparable to levels 30-50.

- A Night Elf or Draenei warlock would be an outcast, which would have problem interacting with other members of their own race.

- Canonical Warlock races: Human, Gnome, Orc, Undead, Blood Elf. I'm assuming that you are looking for romance potential, so I would exclude Undead or Gnome (unless that is you kink). The rest would work.
You already stated that you prefers Horde, so then your choices are Blood Elf or Orc.
Which one do you feel better about writing?
CJN
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:08 am

Human or Blood Elf would be my favourite choices. As for Ranma's level, I wouldn't give him more than lvl 15 before he goes to Nerima. After Saffron I'd say at least 60.

I've also posted the idea on Hawk's Fanfiction Forum and I got someinteresting feedback. Having Ranma trained as a rogue could lead to interesting results.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:17 am

Hm. Because I think Ranma is not used or is against cruelty of warlocks methods, I thought that he might want to fight himself with warlock on support because of this line of thought.

*She's doing those curses and other stuff because she needs them to survive. I'll fight for you so you won't have to practice those dark arts anymore*

And I think more then one warrior or rogue will be very surprised to fight a skilled melee oriented succubus :)
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:31 am

Ranma will adapt rather quickly. First of all, the demonic origin of his new form will corrupt him slowly. He won'tendup all evil, buthis moralswill lossen somewhat and when he sees how the people act in this new world he'll adapt.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:14 pm

The tone of your story would influence the way this goes as well.

For some reason I picture a "tomboy" human summoning Ranma and when the voidy charges Ranma oneshots it with enough Knock back from the hit to KO the summoner accidentally (voidwalker flys back and slams into the summoner).

Have you thought on how the pool would exist? It could affect future plot as the succubus could be a scout sent to the earth. Allowing for the plot line of Ranma trying to get home to warn, well someone.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:45 pm

I have an idea as to how the succubus landed in Jusenkyo. The Burning Crusade were experimenting with dimensional portals or something like that and since there were more than enough succubi and no Allaince or Horde victims available, that's what they used. One of the portals opened right above Jusenkyo and the sjocked succubus wasn't able to get away before it fell into the pool.

That would be another motivation for Ranma to fight the Burning Crusade. He could try and get his hands on the scientists or mages who invented the techniques to get sent home.

As for the warlock I was thinking about some kind of ditz (similar to Usagi or Mihoshi), someone who was able to survive so far through pure dumb luck. And since he is a sucker for distressed and crying girls he'd immediately accept to help her.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:35 am

If you'll keep the idea of Ranma being sent back periodically after he dies or is dismissed, then it might be better for Ranma not only want to be sent home for good, but also to cure his curse and gather power\allies\other things that would help him save his world if demons attack.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby DCG » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:15 pm

Had a similar idea last month, there's a lot of ways you can take this.

Checked your post on the ttf to. Full of idiots who need to get hit by random trains.

Trains that are on fire.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:32 pm

DCG wrote:Had a similar idea last month, there's a lot of ways you can take this.

Checked your post on the ttf to. Full of idiots who need to get hit by random trains.

Trains that are on fire.

Strange how many Ranma-chan haters there are over there. As soon as you mention Ranma spending some time in his female form there are outcries as to how Ranma would never accept and so on. You can post whatever ideas you want there's ALWAYS someone who has to bicker. And when you try to include some of their ideas, someone else starts ranting.

But I still appreciate their feedback.

The funniest thing is that they always try to use real life physics to explain something. Hello? It's a fictional story and not a documentary, so who cares if it's actually pissible or not as long as the story is interesting?

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Jomasten » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:14 am

Dang, I am really embarassed to ask now... but what's ttf?
[SILENCE! You are distracting my concentration to distract myself.]

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Ideas