Nodoka in Windborne

Talk about Return, Makeover, GunMoon, Gen Lost, and Windborne.

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:19 pm

Atlan wrote:man- just had a vision. Nokoda sees her .....daughter.... as the mother of the fairy race. Meaning every new fairy is a grangdaughter! And the more subject she has, the more queenly she is. So the logical conclusin- She starts trying to make ranma pack as much 'turn humans into faeries magic' into a missile or ten, and launch them everywhere!

I can't see too many flaws with that logic. Though they may do something more magical than a bit missle, but... Nodoka could go that insane.
However... would Ranma and Wolf listen?
On a more serious side of things, what happens when Nokoda finds out about Usagi? Will she start trying to egg ranma on to make her more queenly than Usagi? Will she insist that since Titana tought serinity, any knigdom Usagi makes is surbordanite to the Faerie kingdom? Will she extend her queenly training regimin to include meatball-head too? The posibilites are endless!

Quite so. Especially since Usagi has already offered to teach Ranma to be more queenly.
Ranma is very competitive, even when it's thins she shouldn't normally care about.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Lightspire » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:20 am

I dunno. I don't think Ranma would really have to work that hard to be more queenly than Usagi. Unless she's in Serenity-mode, she just acts like a hyper-active teenage girl, and I doubt even Nodoka would be able to change that...
There once was a boy who turned into a girl,
his fiancee's cooking always made him hurl.
Instead of eating one day, he tried to throw it away, and now he has a bird's eye view of the world.
Lightspire
Senshi Cadet

Postby Raneko » Sun May 07, 2006 12:09 am

There is this car commerical with a little fairy destorying a city. By flying around a city randomly Zapping things making people and objects cute.
And By cute I mean super overly to the point of them being hidiously diabeticly cute.
Now the question is this what Nodoka is doing to ranma's life.
Or what the Magic (and quite possbilyt all that fairy dust) is doing to ranma's brain.
Raneko
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun May 07, 2006 3:16 am

Raneko wrote:There is this car commerical with a little fairy destorying a city. By flying around a city randomly Zapping things making people and objects cute.
And By cute I mean super overly to the point of them being hidiously diabeticly cute.
Now the question is this what Nodoka is doing to ranma's life.
Or what the Magic (and quite possbilyt all that fairy dust) is doing to ranma's brain.

Hmm.... that's now really a question.
It could be a combination. Nodoka and the magic and the dust.
Wolf said that a male was not supposed to get these powers.
Ranma is aware of the changes and does dislike them and is fighting, but the "hideously diabetically cute" that is a big risk.
So the question is how far will Ranma go?
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Raneko » Sun May 07, 2006 5:00 am

Unlike "The Return" there is really no one to surport Ranma to pull her back from the edge.
Nodoka is pushing, so is Kuno and Wolfie. As for everyone else well they're on the sidelines watching.
(I know I'm going get flamed for this.)
Right now the only one who can pull (but isn't) is Akane. Maybe she can confront Nodoka?
If no one helps ranma soon, Ranma will go all the way. What happens who knows Ranma may lose her mind, or the magic may create a new personailty, or she may be come a mindless vegatble.
Raneko
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:54 am

Guess I'll play the devil's advocate, since no one else is.
As I mentioned to you privately, the whole situation seems OOC and disturbing to me. I find it extremely hard to believe that Ranma would ever allow herself to be engaged to Kuno, or that Nodoka would force his hand to do so.
There's also a hole in the logic: Ranma can be the mother of the rebirth of the race without needing to breed. He's already transformed two people into fairies. Why would he need to have babies? That would be the job of his followers. All he would ever need to do is find volunteers and transform them, or transform those his followers found for him. He can do that a lot faster than trying to rebuild the race with an endless round of pregnancies; the only thing that would slow the process would be finding people who would want to be transformed.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun May 07, 2006 12:00 pm

Raneko wrote:Unlike "The Return" there is really no one to surport Ranma to pull her back from the edge.

Hmm... you're saying Ranma came back from the edge in Return? :p
Nodoka is pushing, so is Kuno and Wolfie. As for everyone else well they're on the sidelines watching.

Wolf's motives are that he wants Ranma as a queen, as to the type of queen, he'd rather have Ranam control it.
He does seem to endevor towards what Ranma wants. Though that requires initiative on Ranma's part
(I know I'm going get flamed for this.)
Right now the only one who can pull (but isn't) is Akane. Maybe she can confront Nodoka?

Flamed? Nahh. Akane is being setup to have a helpful role for Ranma.
[quote[
If no one helps ranma soon, Ranma will go all the way. What happens who knows Ranma may lose her mind, or the magic may create a new personailty, or she may be come a mindless vegatble.[/quote]
Go all the way? Least that implies that Ranma has somewhere left to fall.
Could the magic create a new personality?
Probably more piecemeal rebuilt and fill-in Ranma's if Ranma looses her mind.
Larry wrote:Guess I'll play the devil's advocate, since no one else is.
As I mentioned to you privately, the whole situation seems OOC and disturbing to me. I find it extremely hard to believe that Ranma would ever allow herself to be engaged to Kuno, or that Nodoka would force his hand to do so.

Ranma was overconfident and though she would be rid of him.
And Nodoka never felt she was forcing the issue. She honestly thought Ranma and Kuno acutally were in a relationship all this time.
There's also a hole in the logic: Ranma can be the mother of the rebirth of the race without needing to breed. He's already transformed two people into fairies. Why would he need to have babies? That would be the job of his followers. All he would ever need to do is find volunteers and transform them, or transform those his followers found for him. He can do that a lot faster than trying to rebuild the race with an endless round of pregnancies; the only thing that would slow the process would be finding people who would want to be transformed.

Heh.
If you'll read the chatpers. Who is pressing Ranma to find a husband? It's Nodoka.
Wolf who knows what's needed to bring the fairies back, hasn't pushed Ranma that way.
Of course it's faster to turn people than breed the old fashioned way, Larry.
The endless round of pregnancies is Nodoka's fantasy. And I'm sure she'd want turning of volenteres to suplement that.
I also tried to have Ranma getting more clear headed... as she gets more of a handle on her body, though that is like closing the barn door after the cows got out...
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Atlan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:51 am

You know, it's kinda suprising how few people are pointing out the worst part of this story- Ranma and KUNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x
Sure, its unusual. But its still sickening.
Out of intrest, is 'The Return' taking a back seat to this, or being abandoned, or what?
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:08 am

Atlan wrote:Out of intrest, is 'The Return' taking a back seat to this, or being abandoned, or what?

Not at all. Jeeze get some patience. Ch14 for The Return has over 13,500 words writtern on it already.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:27 am

Well the thread is still here so I hope you won't mind this bit of necromancy.

I was thinking about the nature of Faries in general they tend to be sillier using their cute factor and magics for mischief and fun fairly often. That side hasn't really shown up yet, is there a chance some of that could start to show up in Nodoka's personality? It could open some interesting character development.

There's also this little thing about offspring that is always a major aspect of Nodoka fannon and when you think about it all the Faries even those turned will be children (grand children etc.) of the Queen. In a way Nodoka is now her own grandchild. If she were to start thinking of things along those lines or say influenced by farie instincts she could quickly have lots of reasons to add to the chaos this change presents.

Another thing to consider is that in more of the Farie stories I have found that have calm instead of mischievious ones the ones who are able to be rational or down right sedate tend to be in the 1,000+ year range of age with their past life experience making the mischief of youth well less interesting. Definately room for instinctual mischief.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Well the thread is still here so I hope you won't mind this bit of necromancy.

Don't mind this.

I was thinking about the nature of Faries in general they tend to be sillier using their cute factor and magics for mischief and fun fairly often. That side hasn't really shown up yet, is there a chance some of that could start to show up in Nodoka's personality? It could open some interesting character development.

Most of the fairies are fairly new. Ranma's been in her new body the longest. So there's will be some effects once they seattle in.

There's also this little thing about offspring that is always a major aspect of Nodoka fannon and when you think about it all the Faries even those turned will be children (grand children etc.) of the Queen. In a way Nodoka is now her own grandchild. If she were to start thinking of things along those lines or say influenced by farie instincts she could quickly have lots of reasons to add to the chaos this change presents.

Heh, well Nodoka is more a subject to her queen, who is also her daughter.

But, yes there will be some fun here.

Another thing to consider is that in more of the Farie stories I have found that have calm instead of mischievious ones the ones who are able to be rational or down right sedate tend to be in the 1,000+ year range of age with their past life experience making the mischief of youth well less interesting. Definately room for instinctual mischief.

And these are all very young fae.

Thanks for keeping interested in this fic and thanks for posting.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Previous

Return to Sunshine Temple's Fics