Hi all, a quick one for you.

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Hi all, a quick one for you.

Postby ichinohei hitomi » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:51 pm

Hi,
This is one I came up with after receiving an email.
I'm still working against that patent idiot, so I will not be updating much.
Hitomi
Ichinohei Hitomi
"The beginnings of wisdom is the ability to ask questions."
Mr. Black's JLA Adventure
When one does not have anything to say...
A fan fiction based on Rorschachs blot 's (real name unknown) Make a Wish series
Based on Mr. Black's JLA Adventures by Josh (no last name given)
Based on an idea by Dan (no last name given)
Mr. Black, Henchgirl, The Professor, and The Doctor are copyright 2005, 2006 by Rorschachs Blot (real name unknown).
Superman created by Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegal
Wonder Woman created by Dr. William Moulton Marston
Batman created by Bob Kane
Green Lantern created by Martin Nodell
Supergirl created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino
Superman, Clark Kent, Supergirl, Kara In-Ze, Wonder Woman, Diana Prince, Batman, Bruce Wayne, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Sheyera Hall, and the Watchtower are copyright 1933, 2006 by DC Comics.
Patent rights for DC Charaters: DC Comics, Inc.
Publishing rights for DC Characters: Worldwide by DC Comics
Film rights for DC Characters: Warner Brothers
Harry Potter created by Joanne (Kathleen, assumed name from grandmother) Rowling
Harry Potter is copyright 1989, 2006 by Joanne (Kathleen, assumed name from grandmother) Rowling.
Publishing rights for Harry Potter: Worldwide by Joanne (Kathleen, assumed name from grandmother) Rowling
Film rights for Harry Potter: Warner Brothers
Written by Ichinohei Hitomi
Superman was concerned.
This was nothing new, as the Man of Steel was known to watch over the planet. He was an advocate, an advisor, and privy to more secrets on and off the planet than most people suspected, and, in secret, a reporter who followed the old rules of report the story, don't be the story. In other words, he was a worry wart who did the right thing for the right reasons instead of doing it the easy way.
Right now he was worried about his little cousin, Supergirl, who he felt was much too young to be a hero, too young to start dating, and definately not ready for the first person for her to go out with being the living incarnation of Death. If he had his way, Supergirl, little Kara, would not date until he was long dead, buried, and forgotten. She should be mature enough by the 30th century...Maybe the 40th.
To that end, he was combing the Watchtower, trying to find the Mysterious Mr. Black, said incarnation of Death itself.
He finally caught up with the supposed wizard in a small observation deck where the person in question was wearing some jeans, a t-shirt with a skull on it, his everpresent jacket, and looking at the planet with his scythe in plain sight. Curiously, he was also sitting in a lawn chair with a small table next to him drinking what looked like alcohol. This alcohol, however, had fire winding it's way though the glass, with bit's of flame sometimes bubbling to the top.
Clark ignored the feeling of dread that permiated the room and went up to the man. Given that he had the scythe out, and that the face that was seen reflected in the window was pensive, Clark decided that he should keep this discussion low-key, at least for now, if thing were not going right, he could up the ante later. “Mr. Black?”
Harry looked up at this, then conjured a chair for the blue-clad hero. “Is there a Mission, Superman?”
Clark shook his head and took the seat offered, “No. I just wanted to talk with you. We haven't had the chance to just talk, instead of concentrating on business.”
Harry nodded, and then turned his scythe back into a sword, storing it away in his pocket. “It would be good to talk. I don't get a chance to do that too often.”
Despite how he was known to some as 'muscles with no brain', especially when compared to Batman, Superman was not stupid. Headstrong, impulsive, but not stupid. “You looked like you had the cares of the world on your shoulders. Want to talk about that?”
Harry laughed grimly. “I was polishing my weapon, when memories came back. Most of them were not nice, or that I particularly like to remember. In the position I'm in, I can't help but feel regret for all those people that couldn't be saved, despite trying my best to help those that could save others. Sometimes, it really doesn't work to have people in power, they let things go to their heads and forget that they are servents of the people, not the people serving them. In those cases, people die who shouldn't.”
“I know what you mean,” Clark sighed as he accepted the...drink...that was offered by Mr. Black. “There are things that we can't interfere with, even with all the power that we have. Being moral is the only way to prevent abuse of power.”
“Too true!” Harry answered laughing. “There was one political leader in England I knew that thought that all of the people should bow to him, instead of ensuring that they were not endangered. He went so far as to persecute all of those disagreed with him. They kicked him out at the end, being so disgusted with him that even those who were supposed to be loyal were looking for ways to remove the man. Although there was proof to the contrary that he was deliberately killed, they stated that he had accidentally drunk an acidic poison in the form of beer. I would rather have had him alive to face the tortures that he had inflicted on others, may those souls rest in peace.”
Superman raised an eyebrow, Mr. Black was very cold when it came to things like justice, much like Bruce. “I take it you don't like killing people?”
“I'm disgusted with killing people, however there are times when it is the only way,” Harry mused, “It should be the final option, but in many cases where those who follow the path of evil so completely, it becomes the option where it is the right thing. It's not easy knowing that you must kill to keep people alive, it sets you apart from people, apart from the world and anything in it. You end up not having a home, a place to really rest, or to get away from it all. No matter where you go, you are disgusted with what you had to do, or must do in the future. You can't even allow yourself to have a significant other...If it's that much of a burden on onself, how could you bear to inflict it on another, especially one you love?”
Superman frowned, and took a sip of the drink to gather his thoughts. It didn't sound as though Mr. Black was after his cousin, nor did it sound like he wanted to kill her or any other person, it was only his duty and job, and not one he liked. “So, how do you get your mind off of things?”
“I go on vacation. It's the next best thing I can do, and I try to help out where I can, but it doesn't always work out.”
“What do you mean?” Clark asked, rather curious about that statement.
Harry laughed, “Well, if you want to hear about a misadventure I had, alright. The last real vacation I took, where I actually took all of my vacation without interuption started in Greece. It started out alright, but there was this girl, Helen I think her name was, who started the whole thing. I was in a bar, sipping some freshly made Ouzo, which, by the way, is the best way to drink it, when she came in. At first, I thought nothing of it, but she started flirting with everyone there. For some reason though, she wouldn't leave me alone when she heard my name.
“In order to get out of there, I offered to get her a little something, and meet up with her again. You should have seen her face light up, like she won a prize or something. I managed to get out of the bar without anything more happening, and went to meet with some people who have become good friends. Although I keep my promises, I had decided to try and avoid this one for a while. Henchgirl disagreed, and the Professor wanted to do something right then and there. It was the comment by the Doctor that really got things rolling.
“She suggested I visit Santa Claus, and see what I could find there. Giving in, I went along for the ride and ended up visiting the most charming village I have ever seen. You wouldn't believe how many elves live there, more than I have ever seem in my life, and all of them doting and kind. They showed me this quaint workshop where the Professor and Henchgirl were overjoyed with all of the equipment available. We ended spending more time there than I expected, and that's when the trouble began.
“At the time, I was not that good with potions, and even worse, people, especially the elves, expected me to be, reputations can be bad things in some instances, so they gave me a bench, and some ingredients to work with. I let my reputation get away from me and got a swelled head, and it was this, more than anything else that got me to think that having a swelled head, or a big ego was not a good thing. Trying for something easy, I decided I would try to make a simple drink mix using Fire Whiskey and some other local ingredients. Not two minutes later, there was an explosion. No one was injured, thankfully, but having an entire building come raining down on the frozen ground was not a good thing.
“Neither was the fact that it was next to a stable.
“Boy, was the owner mad. I have never seen anyone so angry before, and I have seen a lot of angry people. You see, he had this flying sled which he only took out once a year stored in the stable, and...well lets just say that it took the Professor and Henchgirl about a week to create a new one. Even though this one was faster than the original, he was still angry. The elves weren't pleased either, and I had to spend the week looking around corners to avoid being pelted with coal the little buggers started to carry around.
“We decided to make a quick getaway and ended up in Hell. Not the nicest of places I visited, and the shops were too expensive to get anything. I swear they were charging an arm and a leg for things, if not demanding your soul for rather passe items. I guess they do have a rather high tourist industry, but I was not impressed. I was even less impressed with the weather there. It seemed it was always overcast, humid, and they have the most blood suckers I've ever seen. When you consider that I'm good friends with a vampire count in Transylvania, that's saying something.
“Anyway, after the Doctor treated a few people, for what I could never figure out, we went to a little place called Troy, only to run into this Helen again, who was wondering if I had gotten her that gift yet. Unfortunately, I ended up in the middle of a rather nasty domestic dispute. You see, she left her former husband and had remarried, and boy, did they really get into it. I tried to play mediator, and have everything go nicely, but, unfortunately, both of the guys thought that they were better for the girl than the other and started to gather a large group to defend their claims.
“Did that ever create a problem. The worst of the problem was that the fighting took to the streets and started to wreck all the places with good souveniers and gifts. Even the authorities got in on the act, instead of helping to settle thing between the two instigators, and it was soon all out war between the two factions. What should have been a simple thing to discuss took a long time to resolve, and the entire town was a wreck afterwards. I left in disgust after giving her an extra book I had filled with poetry.
“Another person I got to know as Ully, was also disgusted with all that had happened, so I bid my friends farewell since I decided to travel with him for a while. That was a mistake. I swear that boy was born under an unlucky star since we had so many troubles getting back to his home in Greece. Anyway, he decided he wanted to sail back, so we got a boat and went on our way. He's got to be the worst navigator I have ever met, it was like he wanted to get lost.
“In any case, we got back to Greece, I said goodbye, and decided to head to Italy. I stopped into this bar that an old man I know goes to. Do you know it turns out he was Helen's father? He was very embarrassed with her, so he ordered her to be brought home. He also appologised for all of the trouble she put me through, and help out with the elves.
“Long story short,” Harry finished, “Never get involved with girls that have too pretty a face. They seem to cause nothing but trouble.”
Superman looked at the man beside him, wanting to gape. It wasn't often you heard a story like this, especially from a preson who was there. Drinking the rest of the whiskey, he got up. “Well, I've got to get back on duty now. If you have any problems, come to me. You are an interesting person to talk to.”
“Thanks,” Harry replied, touched at this show of kindness, “I'll look you up if I have any trouble.”
Looking at his watch, Harry noticed the time, “I have to go to. Your cousin's decided I should come along with her for dinner tonight.”
As Harry was leaving, Clark called back to him. “Aren't you going to take your drink?”
Harry turned around. “You keep it. I have more than enough with me. Besides, you seem to enjoy the taste.”
Clark looked as Harry left through the door, again, forgeting it was closed. He had to admit, he did like the taste of this...fire whiskey. Although he did not do it often, he did enjoy the occasional glass of wine, or alcohol, but never to excess, and it would be something pleasant to sip.
Sighing, he decided to get a hold of Wonder Woman, who would know more about this, Sheyera, Batman, and Green Lantern. He had a lot to think about, and it would be good to discuss this with some good friends.
Besides, it would be worth it to see the look on Bruce's face as he itched to get his hands on the two litre bottle to figure out how fire could flow around in alcoholic liquid without exploding.
Fin.
ichinohei hitomi
Initiate

Postby MC80a Liberty » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:25 pm

It seems fairly faithful in tone to "Make a Wish", but Harry's narration seems a bit rushed as well as having a bit too much crammed in.
MC80a Liberty
Senshi Candidate

Postby ichinohei hitomi » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:32 pm

It was just meant to be quick.
I really do not have time to polish it.
Hitomi
Ichinohei Hitomi
ichinohei hitomi
Initiate

Postby DCG » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:41 pm

How the heck did a HP writier find these bords?
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby ichinohei hitomi » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:44 pm

Ever hear of Sexual Endeavours?
Hitomi
Ichinohei Hitomi
ichinohei hitomi
Initiate

Postby Togashi Gaijin » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:51 pm

DCG wrote:How the heck did a HP writier find these bords?
Umm, I hope you're not referring to Hitomi in that comment, DC, because Hitomi has been playing in the Ranma-verse for a loooooong time.
-Togashi Gaijin-
Togashi Gaijin
Senshi Cadet

Postby DCG » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:32 pm

Im hardly going to remember the names of authors when i havnt read there stuff in a while or talk to often.
I ask that question about hp becaus im in the group he first posted this to.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby ichinohei hitomi » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:36 pm

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not a member of that group.
I receive the emails through a friend.
Hitomi
Ichinohei Hitomi
ichinohei hitomi
Initiate

Postby Togashi Gaijin » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:42 pm

DCG wrote:Im hardly going to remember the names of authors when i havnt read there stuff in a while or talk to often.

Fair enough, but it's really easy to look up her credentials. She co-authored one of
the most famous "Ranma is a girl" fics with Nick a while back: Clothes Make The ...
-Togashi Gaijin-
Togashi Gaijin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Atlan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:34 pm

Based on Mr. Black's JLA Adventures by Josh (no last name given)

Never heard of that one, but it sounds intresting. Anyone got a link?
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby blackedout » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:13 am

Atlan wrote:Never heard of that one, but it sounds intresting. Anyone got a link?

You will have to join the group to be able to see the chapters but they are at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CaerAzkaban/files/Mr.%20Black%27s%20further%20adventures/Untitled%20JLA%20Xover/
blackedout
Initiate

Postby Atlan » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:39 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!!!!
Wow, that lives up to the origional story for sure. All those misunderstangings! I recomend it to everyone!
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C