Ranma Vs Marvel

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Postby antimatterenergy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:06 pm

For the Hiryu Shoten Ha it would depend on if your using the rules of the Ranmaverse or not. In the Ranmaverse all battle aura's give off heat and anger heats them up. This is shown in more than one instant. (for ex. The heat from a hair dryer was mistaken for Kasumi's aura once) As for running in a spiral Ranma has shown that he can do the Hiryu Shoten Ha without running in a spiral the mirror clone did so (who got the abilities from Ranma), Ranma did so to Happosai and his friend Lucky, and Ranma did so in the battle vs Saffron. Even if they didn't Ranma could always create a heat source of his own such as starting a fire or throwing Mokotakabisha's to heat up the air (Herb's ki blasts heated up the air and Ranma was able to use the energy in the air to create a massive ball of ki with the use of a Hiryu Shoten ha called the move Hiryu Korin Dan IIRC).
He does have the level of control required to kick the cat out of the area or move the fight away from where the cat is.
Ranma often sends opponents flying. In the breaking point arc it was not the armaguriken that sent Ryoga flying at first Ranma had kicked him and he went flying backwards into the cliff causing the cliff to collapse on him (Ryoga commented that it felt like a baby's tap). Ranma used the amaguriken because it allowed him to damage Ryoga without Ryoga flying backwards (In the amaguriken thread -and there was a multipage post on this before the boards last collapse - it is discussed how Ranma's regular hits are actually stronger than the amaguriken hits but the amaguriken allows more hits before sending the opponent flying since they are shallow strikes followed by a deep strike the deep strike is what sends the opponent flying). Ranma has also with one punch, punched a multi-ton boulder to pieces when Pantyhose Taro threw it at him (used his injured arm). Ranma often hits people hard enough that it leaves craters in the ground or walls ex. when he hit young Saffron the wall behind Saffron cratered, Ranma punched the dojo destroyer and several other people through roofs and into the distance (Obsidian fox before the last collapse of this site did the calculations and proved that it is actually easier to send someone flying with a punch or kick then it is to jump the same distance), when he missed hitting Happosai after escaping buriel he buried his fist in the ground, he accidentally sunk the boat that was going to take them to China, Mouse thought Saffron had a glass jaw because he got hurt by a multi-ton boulder moving at hurricane force winds said Ranma threw them at him all the time. etc... I can probably give more examples of Ranma hitting things and the things breaking or being sent into the distance but I'd have to go and re look at the manga because I remember him knocking back a large stone and metal thing during a time wear it was winter and she was wearing tennis clothes. Even Akane can punch threw a brick wall (which would be enough to kill a regular person) and she is much weaker than Ranma she punched threw one before the fight vs the dojo destroyer. The thing is Ranma and spiderman rarely hit people with anything like their full strength (though they do do so occasionally when fighting people who can take it) because if they did they would knock many of their opponents head right off the body or punch right through their opponents ribs (also if your opponent is sent flying you then have to go search for them so Ranma, Ryoga, etc... generally when they decide to stop the fight send the opponent flying into the distance), and it's kind of hard to tell the strength of the hits since most things like large boulders and walls are shattered by the force he puts out and the people are tough enough to take hits that leave big craters even Kuno - http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 36-155.gif (not a good example of Ranma's hit since he uses a stick but I had saved this for some reason so I knew exactly were it was the others I'd have to look up and it does show him kicking Kuno into the distance).
I'm not a hundred percent sure about this since I'm not a boxer or in karate but a person who was in both told me this: It also depends on the type of punch performed. A boxer's punch and a karate punch for example are different the boxer is trying to maximize the transfer of momentum to his opponent. So the boxer will put more of his body weight behind the punch and follow through, whereas the karate will snap back his fist after impact. The energy of the karate punch is delivered more quickly, and is more likely to do local damage, rather than knocking the opponent backwards.
"Did you really think sealing me in concrete and burying me in the yard was even going to slow me down?!" Ranma v8p92

My Blog: http://ranmarelated.blogspot.com/
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby FOG3 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:49 pm

For the Hiryu Shoten Ha it would depend on if your using the rules of the Ranmaverse or not. In the Ranmaverse all battle aura's give off heat and anger heats them up. This is shown in more than one instant. (for ex. The heat from a hair dryer was mistaken for Kasumi's aura once)
Evidence that requires the Hulk to be using a free floating battle aura? He’s not exactly a martial artist or anything like your normal Ranma character. I’ll count that as a dodge of the question. I could just as easily declare under Ranmaverse rules he’s internalizing his Battle Aura and using that to augment size, strength ect. and I doubt you could really counter.
As for running in a spiral Ranma has shown that he can do the Hiryu Shoten Ha without running in a spiral the mirror clone did so (who got the abilities from Ranma), Ranma did so to Happosai and his friend Lucky, and Ranma did so in the battle vs Saffron.
So you’re trying to sell us on the idea that verse Herb, who was handing him his rear he did the spiral for the entertainment value? While we’re on that issue, why do we assume that Ranma could actually make a stronger HSH then normal? Verse Herb he was leaving such a large amount of free floating ki around he not only could do the HSH twice, but use it with the HSH helping to collect it to do what amounted to a perfect SSH. HSH is basically a recipe that requires an equal portion from the hot and cold source, why should we not assume we’ve already seen the limit of that without augmentation given the circumstances surrounding the Herb fight?
Even if you’re granted no need for a spiral it still, unlike Dil Brando, requires the user to get within what amount to grabbing range. Even if an opponent doesn’t knock the user out before they can close, why couldn’t the Hulk grab him and throw him hella far? Not that I’m buying this maneuver is good for anything more then a few seconds reprieve if it actually manages to go off.
Even if they didn't Ranma could always create a heat source of his own such as starting a fire or throwing Mokotakabisha's to heat up the air (Herb's ki blasts heated up the air and Ranma was able to use the energy in the air to create a massive ball of ki with the use of a Hiryu Shoten ha called the move Hiryu Korin Dan IIRC).
Evidence Moko Takabisha has any heat component given we’ve seen no heat associated with it, and it’s based on pride as opposed to anger/lust/passion etc that are associated with hot ki. Nevermind why Ranma going monster hunting on the Hulk is going to do all this instead of the usual rush in routine, where upon he gets badly injured, killed, or thrown hella far assuming something along the lines of really pissed off movie Hulk. For every instance of Ranma dodging, there are around half a dozen where he fails against threats that aren’t exactly impressive. My personal favorite would be the cheerleader, simply because against people who love semantics games there is a certain level of gratification in being able to after a Ranma fan has went on about how great he is, “Yeah but he got KOed and his rear basically handed to him by a cheerleader of minor note, after all of his major power ups.”
In terms of raw speed I don’t see how you can argue Ranma can match the kind of cadence Movie Hulk was able to achieve, and maintain, going out of the base.
Ranma often sends opponents flying. In the breaking point arc it was not the armaguriken that sent Ryoga flying at first Ranma had kicked him and he went flying backwards into the cliff causing the cliff to collapse on him (Ryoga commented that it felt like a baby's tap).
Should I comment in practically the very next arc Happi knocks them both out with basically no property damage, and that stupidity basically ended there? Flukes are flukes, they are ignored under standard DM procedure as some one shot wonder that has no follow through cannot reasonably be claimed as a capability in a DM.
Ranma used the amaguriken because it allowed him to damage Ryoga without Ryoga flying backwards (In the amaguriken thread -and there was a multipage post on this before the boards last collapse - it is discussed how Ranma's regular hits are actually stronger than the amaguriken hits but the amaguriken allows more hits before sending the opponent flying since they are shallow strikes followed by a deep strike the deep strike is what sends the opponent flying).
Do you want me to outline just how unbelievably stupid that explanation is? I think I’ll just settle for challenging you to destroy Jello by lightly tapping on it for the next hour, while wearing gloves.
Ranma has also with one punch, punched a multi-ton boulder to pieces when Pantyhose Taro threw it at him (used his injured arm). Ranma often hits people hard enough that it leaves craters in the ground or walls ex. when he hit young Saffron the wall behind Saffron cratered,
Do you really want me to declare that to be styrofoam and similar, because that’s where that line of thought leads.
F=dp/dt by definition as written by Newton himself.
No dp, no force and unlike the definition of Force the material properties of the objects is not set in eternal stone. Your material properties will correct themselves to respect dp/dt as it is the definition of Force, anything else is in direct violation of every fundamental tenant of the scientific process ever used.
Ranma punched the dojo destroyer and several other people through roofs and into the distance
And he’s been sent flying into the distance by a female nobody in the arc where Happi pretends to be Santa. It’s like Pokemon and Team Rocket. What’s your point? A sight gag is a sight gag, why should I even pay attention to that if there’s no follow through in serious combat?
when he missed hitting Happosai after escaping burial he buried his fist in the ground, he accidentally sunk the boat that was going to take them to China
So he has no control and can break wood. As I’ve already said the definition of Force is the definition of Force. Material properties will be changed to respect it as they aren’t known for certain, while the definition of Force is set in eternal stone. That is the only place this attempt at struggle leads.
The thing is Ranma and spiderman rarely hit people with anything like their full strength (though they do do so occasionally when fighting people who can take it) because if they did they would knock many of their opponents head right off the body or punch right through their opponents ribs
Smashing the brain around the brain box in a fashion so as to render ones opponent unconscious/unable to remember their name doesn’t require a particularly large number of pounds of force. Nevermind a few other choice places. This is stupidity plain and simple, and I’m not impressed with it.
and it's kind of hard to tell the strength of the hits
Barbara Streissand, clock the engagement time, see object, find objects mass, check if object moves and to what degree and you can ballpark from there. I cap with their entire mass moving and them being sent flying in an unreasonably short time because it’s irrefutable not because it can’t be ballparked with greater accuracy. The only way around that is to basically argue the character models a rigid structure, rigidly fixed to the ground or they can reasonably show that conservation of momentum is preserved another way. Some fanbases can get away with it, how Ranma is supposed to I fail to see.
Simply accept he doesn't do so in combat to his regular opponents, and thus won't in this DM instead of destroying your base by attempting to basically cheat.
I'm not a hundred percent sure about this since I'm not a boxer or in karate but a person who was in both told me this: It also depends on the type of punch performed. A boxer's punch and a karate punch for example are different the boxer is trying to maximize the transfer of momentum to his opponent. So the boxer will put more of his body weight behind the punch and follow through, whereas the karate will snap back his fist after impact. The energy of the karate punch is delivered more quickly, and is more likely to do local damage, rather than knocking the opponent backwards.
And I will tell you it all depends upon stress concentration, because I understand the physics involved. As you may have noticed my ballpark already assumes a stupidly small engagement time, so it’s not like I haven’t already accounted for it.
FOG3

Postby antimatterenergy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:21 pm

Fish (hinako buys fighting fish to drain there aura's) and Dogs (Hinako drains two dogs that are fighting's battle aura) are shown to have battle aura's in the Ranmaverse so it is not limited to martial artists.
At the time of the battle versus Herb Ranma had yet to figure out how to throw a Hiryu Shoten Ha without running in a spiral all the examples of him doing so are later in the manga.
The mokotakabisha does have a hot portion as demonstrated from burning the mushrooms of aging and Nabiki calls them balls of hot air. The fact that things do not combust when hit doesn't mean that they are not hot since for things to burn it requires both a high enough temperature and long enough duration.
The female nobody may have been a martial artist as well. There has also been instants where he or someone else sent things flying to end the battle like how Ryoga sent a giant rampaging pig flying. The reason that they do not generally send the opponent flying is not because they can't but because they then have to chase after them, Ranma even does send Ryoga flying during the koi rod story arc and then is upset because he (she at the time) then had to go look for the Ryoga (also obsidian fox on the old forum showed that it takes much less force to send someone flying than it does to jump the same distance so it is not unreasonable to think that Ranma and the other martial artists who we have seen perform multistory jumps and lifting multiple tons can also throw/kick people pretty far).
Happosai knocking them out with no damage to the surroundings what so ever is not hard to believe at all since Happosai knows things like pressure points displayed several - sleeping point he used on ryoga, point to cause uncontrollable tears used on Ranma to get tears required to make rejuvanation potion, and weakness point. Also a hit to the head or other weak spots would take considerably less force to knock someone out.
Also it wasn't some ordinary cheerleader she practiced martial arts cheerleading and she hit her (ranma was female) on the back of the head with a baton with the additional force she acquired from her large fall. During this time Ranma was not paying any attention to her at all instead he was busy denying his (technically her) love for AKane.
Ranma fights at around his opponents level (or limits himself to his opponents style) and sometimes misjudges this is displayed several times when someone hits him and then moments later he dodges every single thing they throw. Anyways I do not think that Ranma will win versus every person he fights (or even every time he fights the same person) since it depends on lots of things (all battles do it depends on circumstances, how Ranma acts, how his opponent in this case the Hulk acts, location, etc..). Even people weaker than Ranma could defeat him for instance if he underestimates his opponent, is distracted in battle like he was with Kuno or Ryu, or is too overconfident in his abilities and doesn't use things he could or should like not using the mokotakabisha or Hiryu Shoten Ha because sees it as unfair or overkill. (An example of how an extremely weak person can defeat a strong person Superman vs Gonsunki by all rights superman should win every single time no matter what but it is possible for Gonsunki to win he could for instance slap the magical paper person thing on superman's back that forces people to do what's written and have written on it kill yourself. Should work on superman becuase magic effects him. another more real world example would be a boxer getting knocked out by a ten year old who kicked him in the back of the head.)
Several people did the physics behind the Armaguriken but I can't find the link since the old forum where it was done is no longer archived by google cache and can't exactly remember but it had to do with how the damage was performed Ranma hitting him with many shallow punches caused damage the way a jack hammer causes damage followed by a deep hit which causes him to go flying. Think about it like this poke your hand hard once. Equivilant to a hard punch which was not effective enough because body had some time to recuperate. Now poke your other hand two thirds as hard or even half as hard but do it 20-50 times in the same spot bet it hurts.
The Physics behind some of Ranma's abilities is discussed here (old forum had lots more of the physics):
http://www.fanfiction.net/fr/618405/1562/22760/1/
http://www.fanfiction.net/fr/618405/1562/1591/1/
I consider Ranma to be a little higher than what they did because they did not use some of Ranma's more impressive feats.
and the ground and walls he broke threw were not made of wood they were concrete and stone.
"Did you really think sealing me in concrete and burying me in the yard was even going to slow me down?!" Ranma v8p92

antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:26 am

antimatterenergy wrote:At the time of the battle versus Herb Ranma had yet to figure out how to throw a Hiryu Shoten Ha without running in a spiral all the examples of him doing so are later in the manga.

I would like to point out that, during the battle with Saffron, Ranma did make a spiral but that the method he used was different than the norm.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby antimatterenergy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:43 pm

I would like to point out that, during the battle with Saffron, Ranma did make a spiral but that the method he used was different than the norm.

Not the last time when he created the tornado to break the dragon tap Hiryu Gyoten Ha-a-a (flying dragon staring up at heaven strike) and not the Hiryu Hiyu-Toppa (flying dragon ice-break through) that he tore Saffron to pieces with.
Even if you’re granted no need for a spiral it still, unlike Dil Brando, requires the user to get within what amount to grabbing range.

That is untrue in the battle vrs Saffron he was not close to Saffron during any of the Hiryu Shoten Ha's he sent the tornado's at Saffron.

antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby FOG3 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:08 pm

Fish (hinako buys fighting fish to drain there aura's) and Dogs (Hinako drains two dogs that are fighting's battle aura) are shown to have battle aura's in the Ranmaverse so it is not limited to martial artists.
And? I knew about both before you said so, the Hulk is however not like any of those.
At the time of the battle versus Herb Ranma had yet to figure out how to throw a Hiryu Shoten Ha without running in a spiral all the examples of him doing so are later in the manga.
And going by my memory and what others have said that “capability” is a weasel maybe, sort of, kind of, not really thing that like the Forbidden techniques you can argue has a certain capability with one very confined view that is violating proper process by basically already assuming they can instead of the proper skeptical until proven approach that is the professional standard in science. It’s splitting hairs over the difference between a regular and a hard packed snow balls chance in hell, so I don’t particularly care.
The mokotakabisha does have a hot portion as demonstrated from burning the mushrooms of aging and Nabiki calls them balls of hot air. The fact that things do not combust when hit doesn't mean that they are not hot since for things to burn it requires both a high enough temperature and long enough duration.
That’s weaseling on having something to do with reality. It’s more accurate to say that the heat energy has to build up to the point necessary for combustion, which is a function of an objects ability to dissipate heat, and the sources ability to provide heat. The stuff coming out of your mouth is hot air, and if you’re working with that kind of minimal delta T you aren’t getting a pronounced effect even if the Hulk for some odd reason just sat there reading a book instead of smashing Ranma into the landscape.
The female nobody may have been a martial artist as well. There has also been instants where he or someone else sent things flying to end the battle like how Ryoga sent a giant rampaging pig flying.
Team Rocket is blasting off again! Fine that’s it, you’re going to keep waxing on poetically about Ranma in this and similar stuff that goes with the genre and I’m going to show how compared to Jesse and James he’s a utter loser.
Jesse & James:
A proven track record of surviving being thrown hella far, being fried, electrocuted, frozen, and other manners of insane punishment which they can instantly spring back from. Not to mention being so uber powerful they can power giant mecha with just a sheet of plastic rubbed against their hair.
Ranma doesn’t even come close. All hail the new rulers of the multiverse, Team Rocket.
The reason that they do not generally send the opponent flying is not because they can't but because they then have to chase after them,
… Send flying doesn’t require one to send an opponent into the next precinct, sir. At the levels I gave I should be seeing significant effects on the target mass, at the very least, which aren’t there. Your obsession on the send fly portion and rather lame excuses doesn’t change that. The skull, diaphragm, and a few other choice places require very minimal force to incapacitate an opponent. Insistence that he needs to send them flying to hurt them is nonsense, as we see them taking each other out all the time without sending each other flying and minimal property damage.
Happosai knocking them out with no damage to the surroundings what so ever is not hard to believe at all since Happosai knows things like pressure points displayed several - sleeping point he used on ryoga, point to cause uncontrollable tears used on Ranma to get tears required to make rejuvanation potion, and weakness point. Also a hit to the head or other weak spots would take considerably less force to knock someone out.
Your reaching and destroying your own position in the process. Yeah he’s uber, except when he isn’t [ie all the time], so he’ll be uber here. If you want to go upper end I seem to recall hearing about the Hulk destroying asteroids with the Clap canonically, while you really don’t have anything more then supposition guarding your back.
Also it wasn't some ordinary cheerleader she practiced martial arts cheerleading and she hit her (ranma was female) on the back of the head with a baton with the additional force she acquired from her large fall. During this time Ranma was not paying any attention to her at all instead he was busy denying his (technically her) love for AKane.
That’s not how I remember it. You’re reminding me of a Borg fanboy. “They’re so uber and can assimilate anything, except when they can’t which I’ll give some hair brained excuse for and pretend that I’ve thus addressed it and it doesn’t matter.”
You’re the one who goes on about his danger sense Roman, not I.
Ranma fights at around his opponents level (or limits himself to his opponents style) and sometimes misjudges this is displayed several times when someone hits him and then moments later he dodges every single thing they throw.
Give me five. Herb, which can be rationalized by anger messing with Herbs targeting, is about all I’m coming up with. This fool’s response to the SSH was not on the second try, after he knew what Ryoga’s new trick was, to simply dodge the stupid thing punch Ryoga’s lights out and force him to explain the technique. You’re calling upon fanon as opposed to the canon attitude.
Anyways I do not think that Ranma will win versus every person he fights
You’re actions and your words are not in agreement. If you’re giving up simply conceed, I have no interest in this attempt to backpedal and save face on your part.
Even people weaker than Ranma could defeat him
I rate him so easily terminated by a Eleven Bravo, nevermind a full Fire Team, so as to term it along the lines of clubbing a baby seal. Most Ranma fans do not and wouldn’t appreciate it but that’s my honest assessment and so this statement has a certain sweet irony to me.
doesn't use things he could or should like not using the mokotakabisha or Hiryu Shoten Ha because sees it as unfair or overkill.
He’s stood on Gosunkugi’s head and HSHed him if memory serves. Mr. “Necessity knows no rules” is not your fanon god.
(An example of how an extremely weak person can defeat a strong person Superman vs Gonsunki by all rights superman should win every single time no matter what but it is possible for Gonsunki to win he could for instance slap the magical paper person thing on superman's back that forces people to do what's written and have written on it kill yourself. Should work on superman becuase magic effects him. another more real world example would be a boxer getting knocked out by a ten year old who kicked him in the back of the head.)
And after claiming you don’t think Ranma could beat anybody you’re going to pick the mother of walking No Limits Mary Sues and claim Gosunkugi could take him out? Can we say disingenuous, talking out of boths sides of one's mouth, saying one thing and doing another? You are a radical, and known as such.
I am apparently better versed in the Art of War then you are so nothing you’re bringing up is new except for the way you abuse certain concepts.
The Physics behind some of Ranma's abilities is discussed here (old forum had lots more of the physics):
Correction: One person’s interpretation of "the Physics."
http://www.fanfiction.net/fr/618405/1562/22760/1/
Jumps huh? To paraphrase a Ranma fanboy on the FFML (who was referring to SM):
I think the author just did that because it looks cool.
No follow through, means I ask so bloody what?
http://www.fanfiction.net/fr/618405/1562/1591/1/
Uh-huh so if someone can sticks whatever numbers in models that don’t accurately model the situation and claim it’s conservative? Reality check, smart ass, conservative estimates are based on making conservative assumptions and minding those assumptions. If I pull a number of fifty trillion out of my rear, and plug in ten million it isn’t conservative. 15x based on basically ether doesn’t impress me. What kind of Minny Max BS are you trying to sell?
Unless he has a finite elements setup, which he clearly doesn’t, the relevant quantity is Force then taking stress into consideration. You cannot use energy analysis without serious computer models for collisions. Even Force involves some fudging for exact numbers, while conservation of momentum can be counted on.
I haven't a clue about the math relating internal pressure-resistance to bullet-penetration...
Which means he doesn’t understand the model, which means he doesn’t understand how it’s setup or its limitations. In short he has the authority of a squirrel telling you about quantum physics. His abuse of that calculator doesn’t impress me, and that’s all he really has. Your appeal to authority is this? Someone to who this stuff is basically magic? Why don’t you just conceed already?
That is untrue in the battle vrs Saffron he was not close to Saffron during any of the Hiryu Shoten Ha's he sent the tornado's at Saffron.
Seems as how the Op didn't give him magical artifacts of cold nor the proper conditional environment, so what?
FOG3

Postby camk4evr » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:18 pm

antimatterenergy wrote:Not the last time when he created the tornado to break the dragon tap Hiryu Gyoten Ha-a-a (flying dragon staring up at heaven strike) and not the Hiryu Hiyu-Toppa (flying dragon ice-break through) that he tore Saffron to pieces with.

Actually, he was. he and Saffron were fighting in the tornado that he had made with the first HSH that he had created and Ranma was being pushed by the winds. I will admit, however, that he didn't appear to be moving in a spiral when he broke the dragon tap (though that could have just been lazyness on the part of the artist).
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby antimatterenergy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:45 pm

I mentioned the fish and the dog to show that by Ranmaverse all things give battle aura's if going by Ranmaverse then the Hulk would as well.
You seem to be under the impression that I am giving Ranma good odds versus the Hulk when that is not true. I give Ranma better odds than Spiderman but neither of them should beat the Hulk. Ranma's use of the Hiryu Shoten Ha is pretty much the only real chance he has and would only be a win by ring out (I had already said that I don't think Neko-Ranma could win only scratch him up and knock the Hulk around some). I was arguing about Ranma's ability to knock the Hulk around.
Even if Ranma's mokotakabisha's are not hot enough, or that he can't heat up the area by getting angry and then going cold providing both the hot and the cold, or the hulk has no hot aura (or cold aura since the technique should work in reverse as well), or they are not in an area that already has the required heat or cold (near volcano, in antartica, etc...). I still don't see why Ranma couldn't set some trees or buildings or whatever is in the area on fire (if by no other means than friction).
Manga supports my view of how Ranma was knocked out by the cheerleader:
http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 22-009.gif
Happosai is uber when he wants to be but Happosai generally is distracted or doesn't care enough to be uber. When not distracted Happosai can stop all the force that Taro punch has with one finger, or create a giant battle aura that dwarfs the city, or spend years without food, water, and air but when distracted by a bra or something he can be hit by anyone.
I never said Ranma's danger sense was perfect only that it does work most of the time, no one's is perfect not even spidermans who has been hit by the punisher and by his aunt may (It also isn't going to do a thing if he or spiderman ignore it or don't consider the thing attacking them to be a threat).
Ranma does limit himself to his opponents style fairly often he did so versus Kodachi, during martial arts tea ceremony, etc...
Ranma does fight around his opponents level and underestimates his opponents as well. Ranma was able to dodge everything Akane threw, everything Kuno threw, prevented Ryoga from even poking him during the breaking point fight, and dodged and was in Ukyo's face faster than she could even finish throwing the mini spatual's but they have all on occasion hit him as well.
He also doesn't take many of the battles seriously like the first battle versus Ryoga in which he was ignoring Ryoga for most of the battle in favor of arguing with Akane or the battle with Kuno where he spent the time writing out a word on Kuno's head in bruises rather than knocking him out.
The Shi Shi Hadoken story line is probably the worst story line in the manga to use to judge Ranma's tactics because the entire storyline was a big joke and not even a little bit serious I explained this issue on the Ranma vs Dragonball thread's third page.
When did Ranma do the Hiryu Shoten Ha standing on Gonsunki? Are you perhaps thinking about the time he used it on Happosai, Mouse, Principal Kuno, and Kuno. Which is also the time that he considered not doing it because they may get hurt http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 13-168.jpg and when it happened to be his only option at the time since he did not have the physical strength to hurt them because Happosai made him weak.
And after claiming you don’t think Ranma could beat anybody you’re going to pick the mother of walking No Limits Mary Sues and claim Gosunkugi could take him out? Can we say disingenuous, talking out of boths sides of one's mouth, saying one thing and doing another? You are a radical, and known as such.

No what I am saying is that it depends on many things such as circumstances, terain, intent ect... Ranma, Superman, Goku, insert any characther you want can lose against people who should have no chance against them and generally have (Superman to Lex Luther or Batman).
As for whether obsidian-fox's view on physics of Ranma is perfect; I don't think so but it is the best I've yet seen and there were people arguing with him so it is more than just his view. Really on the old forum (which I really would like to still be archived) had a lot more people arguing the physics in multiple threads. Another person who did so on Ranma Faq http://www.wot-club.org.uk/RanmaFAQ/arts/ranma.html is not anywhere near as well thought out.
I think the author just did that because it looks cool.

Maybe that is why, but it doesn't matter since Ranma, Ryoga, etc... do multiple story jumps on many occasions such as the takeout race, jumping to the top of Taro, jumping to the roof, jumping to the roof carrying Akane in the first battle versus Ryoga, to the top of the orachi's head, etc... So regardless of her reason why it is a valid feat for the charachters.
Ranma and Ryoga can punch things into the distance and does do so on several occasions. Even if you say it's just a sight gag them doing so is reasonable when you consider that these people can lift multiple tons, jump multiple stories, survive blows hard enough to crater or shatter stone, survive being thrown by tornados, and the side effect of some of their attacks are capable of destroying stone. Here are some examples of Ranma or Ryoga sending someone flying which I am sure you will just call sight gags or one shot deals:
http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 23-144.gif
http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 23-162.gif
http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 04-049.jpg
http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 06-113.jpg continues: http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 06-114.jpg
http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 13-112.jpg continues:
http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 13-113.jpg continues:
http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 13-114.jpg
http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 11-098.jpg
also if you go and look at the times that Ranma and Ryoga are knocked out without lots of damage to the surroundings it usually because it was a head shot.
As for the Hiryu Hiyu-Toppa (flying dragon ice-break through) Ranma was currently in a vertical tornado and created one that was horizontal so the spiral he was traveling in was in a different direction than the new one he created (already lost the ice staff by the last two tornado's). Mirror clone (got abilities from Ranma) created tornado without running in a spiral as well http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 35-040.gif http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/ ... 35-041.gif
we see them run directly to her then we see lines of air going straight up before it spirals.
Last edited by antimatterenergy on Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:27 am

I must say that I'm impressed by the in-depth research of Antimatterenergy's last post...
BUT, this conversation is drifting off-topic. The purpose of this thread as stated in the opening post is:
This is a contiuation of the debate on what Marvel characters that Ranma may or may not beat

I haven't seen mention of Marvel characters who might get their backsides handed to them by Ranma for awhile now. It's all been about the mechanics of the Hiryuu Shouten Ha.
Time to get back on track, folks.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:20 am

Hmmm, from what I know of Ranma and Marvel Comics, I'd have to say he can beat Thor.
From what I have read of Thor's personality (in the few comics I once had), he wouldn't even fight Ranma unless Ranma were to claim to be sent by Loki, (and I doubt Ranma would, at first) or thought of Ranma as a threat. (which I allso doubt, as that Thor was an overconfidant person)
Thus, Ranma wins simply because the other guy won't fight.
Or, as Thor seems willing to fight if actualy struck, Ranma needs only wait till Thor turns away, then strike him in the back of the head. (which, on anyone save the Hulk, will either render unconsious, or cause a mild to severe concussion)
Should Thor actually believe Ranma a threat, well, then Ranma probably would wind up as a fine red paste on a wall.
Still, Ranma could win, and this without trying to claim Physics. (so please don't bring it in, okay?)
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby FOG3 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:01 pm

Lord Aries Greymon wrote:Still, Ranma could win, and this without trying to claim Physics. (so please don't bring it in, okay?)
I won't, such matters I leave to others if there is a reason to contest your assessment. Unlike a certain person you're not exactly trying to abuse science to force him to have a capability he does not normally have. I only harass those who try to short cut through a toll road I'm semi-responsible for without paying the toll.
This is getting pointless though, I've already made my case and as far as I'm concerned antimatter hasn't really addressed or brought forward anything that changes the situation. My assessment doesn't change based on what he brought forward, if anything it's reinforced. As lwf58 pointed out however continuing would merely drive things further off topic.
FOG3

Postby nodregah » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:26 am

I'm not too familiar with many of the lesser known characters in the Marvel Universe, but I believe that Ranma could stand against SpiderMan, Doc Ock (Explination on request), Shocker, Green and Hobb Goblin, Lizard, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Cyclopse, Angel, Magneto (toss up), Toad, ...
More to come later as I review the Marvel Universe.
"You will know your greatest enemy when you look in the mirror."
nodregah
Senshi Cadet

Postby bissek » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:41 am

Cyclops, Ranma could take so long as the battle is in an open area. Cyclops is deadly in a head-on attack, but if you can get behind him he's defenseless. If there's enough room for Ranma to dodge around him, he could cream Cyclops. If the fight was in a corridor Ranma would be in trouble though.
Magneto would depend entirely on the terrain of the battle. In a forest Ranma would have the advantage (little metal around). In a city Ranma wouldn't stand a chance. In places between those two extremes in metal content it would come down to Ranma's agility and endurance. It would come down to whether Ranma could dodge Magneto's attacks long enough to come up with a strategy while not becoming exhausted.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby nuclear death frog » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:04 am

edited out for lack of interest in debating and inability to delete
Last edited by nuclear death frog on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:33 am

nodregah wrote:I'm not too familiar with many of the lesser known characters in the Marvel Universe, but I believe that Ranma could stand against SpiderMan, Doc Ock (Explination on request), Shocker, Green and Hobb Goblin, Lizard, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Cyclopse, Angel, Magneto (toss up), Toad, ...
More to come later as I review the Marvel Universe.

Well, now that someone has brought the Fantastic Four into play.
Ranma could whomp the ever-living crap outta Doctor Doom.
I'll even go so far as to say, that Ranma, as he arrives in Nerima, could whomp Doctor Doom.
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Specific Series: Ranma