vs Crystal Toyko

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

vs Crystal Toyko

Postby max7xile » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:34 pm

Hey all,
I'm looking for fics that have people going against Crystal Toyko. I really don't like the idea of a perfect paradise. I also hate the idea of Pluto using the time gate to direct the circumstances that leads to CT. So, I'm looking for fics that have anyone working to stop CT from happing. If there are fics outside of Ranma that pits against CT, that would be great also.
I've read a few fics such as Vengence by Fire (discontinue?)
Chaotic Rebirth (excellent read)
max7xile
Senshi Candidate

Postby TerraEpon » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:04 am

Ah yes, gotta love *cough* fanon...
-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Shadow Wolf » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:57 pm

How about A Certain Distance by Rob Kelk?
Shadow Wolf
Senshi Candidate

Postby Mitchell » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:18 pm

Does anyone have the link to a fic I red? I forgot the title, but it was from Wiseman's POV. He truned out to origanally be Usagi's cousin or something It goes from him being a regular human to howe he was banished to Nemisis, and his beliefs. There were two sequels, one where he came back to fight the last of the children of Chaos or something. Sorry if I don't have all the info.
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:52 pm

Is this a fukufic?
I mean... read the description, if it's nor Ranma in that uniform, put it in other fiction. Not hard people
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Re: vs Crystal Toyko

Postby P.H. Wise » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:49 am

max7xile wrote:I really don't like the idea of a perfect paradise.

A perfect utopian society? Yeah, that sure sounds horrible. Peace on Earth, good will towards men and all that jazz? That would be awful. You're absolutely right. We should definitely fight against such a future with everything we have.
I also hate the idea of Pluto using the time gate to direct the circumstances that leads to CT.

Actually, from what I've gathered watching the anime and reading the manga, she stands guard over the gates of time (in the Underworld, mind you, not on Pluto) to prevent them from being used.
Hige sceal þe heardra || heorte þe cenre,
mod sceal þe mare || þe ure mægen lytlað.
P.H. Wise
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:37 am

P.H. Wise wrote:A perfect utopian society? Yeah, that sure sounds horrible. Peace on Earth, good will towards men and all that jazz? That would be awful. You're absolutely right. We should definitely fight against such a future with everything we have.

I agree with him. I mean, think very carefully what it would take to get peace on earth. Remember that there are a lot of people that would rather die (or kill) rather than to submit to an ideal that they don't agree with, even one that promises a perfect life free of wants.
A perfect utopian society would be where there are no dissenters, no one of opposing views, no disagreement. This is the horror of the fannon of crystal tokyo -- just what did Usagi have to do? Kill everyone who disagreed? Send them to exile? Mindwipe?
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ninsaneja » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:03 pm

mondu_the_fat wrote:A perfect utopian society would be where there are no dissenters, no one of opposing views, no disagreement. This is the horror of the fannon of crystal tokyo -- just what did Usagi have to do? Kill everyone who disagreed? Send them to exile? Mindwipe?

I have to disagree. A perfect utopian society could easily have dissenters if they made people happy. I certainly would not consider it paradise unless I had someone to argue with - debate and sometimes just screaming makes me happy.
"For a good time, call Molimo"
- Inscribed on a bathroom stall door in Yavimaya.
Ninsaneja
Senshi Cadet

Postby Pale Wolf » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:46 pm

That's exactly the problem.
It's not a perfect utopia. It's Usagi's perfect utopia. You hate that style of utopia? Well obviously you're evil, and need to get kicked off the planet that you have more right to than Usagi does.
That said, there is a Crystal Tokyo discussion thread in the Sailor Moon forum, so please bring that topic over there - it's been quiet lately anyway.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby max7xile » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:36 am

Pale Wolf wrote:That's exactly the problem.
It's not a perfect utopia. It's Usagi's perfect utopia. You hate that style of utopia? Well obviously you're evil, and need to get kicked off the planet that you have more right to than Usagi does.
That said, there is a Crystal Tokyo discussion thread in the Sailor Moon forum, so please bring that topic over there - it's been quiet lately anyway.

Sorry I i posted the question in the wrong section, but wanted to get some fics that had people objecting or fighting against the creation of CT.
I would have to agree with Pale Wolf that it's SS's idea of Utopia. How can you get everyone to agree and be happy. It's just not humanly possible. You can't get a group of a dozen people with the same objective in the same room to agree and you're expecting a nation.
The only way to have a utopia is if you remove all desires. Of course, we'll just be mindless zombie.
Here's was a comment about Pluto just standing guard at the time gate only. I haven't read the manga and only seen the anime, but from the impression I got was that she wants to create CT. How can she ensure it's creation? How can she be guarding the gate if she allows chibi moon to return to the past? If you consider time to be constant, wouldn't that discrupt time? Even if she's not allowed to talk about the future. How about the fact that Usa uses the mooncat to change people perception of her.
SM is a fun series to watch, but to allow CT to be created is just asking for trouble.
max7xile
Senshi Candidate

Postby max7xile » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:37 am

Shadow Wolf wrote:How about A Certain Distance by Rob Kelk?

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.
max7xile
Senshi Candidate

Postby max7xile » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:46 am

What I would like to see is a fanfic where Bell, Urd, and Skuld using their powers to lock the function of the time gate completely after receiving some phone call from kami telling them to implement some plan. Then they would go get Ranma and his friends to act for them to stop the Senshi from successfully creating CT.
There was a fic where Ranma ended up matchin with Usagi as a way to balance her out, but can't seem to remember the title. I don't think it was completed. But if you know the story, please provide a link. Thanks.
I have always wanted Fire to complete his story for Vengence but it doesn't look like it.
max7xile
Senshi Candidate

Postby Pale Wolf » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:20 am

Triple-posting in a non-spam section. Good way to piss the mods off - watch yourself there.
How can she be guarding the gate if she allows chibi moon to return to the past?

She guards the Time Gate, but the sanctity of time is simply nothing she concerns herself with if Serenity tells her to jump.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby crystlshake » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:20 am

max7xile wrote:What I would like to see is a fanfic where Bell, Urd, and Skuld using their powers to lock the function of the time gate completely after receiving some phone call from kami telling them to implement some plan. Then they would go get Ranma and his friends to act for them to stop the Senshi from successfully creating CT.

Im pretty sure that at some point I read a story that had them remove Pluto from her position, though Id be hard pressed to recall anything else like the title or author of it offhand. It was quite a while ago as I remember it but I think it was good. Off Fanfiction if I recall though dont quote me on it. It had Ranma in it as well if IRC.
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
Appointed Spamville Inquisition Deputy by Shadell September 27, 2006.
Appointed Himitsu's Loyal Left Hand Girl October 26, 2006.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby A.Nonymous » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:24 am

crystlshake wrote:Im pretty sure that at some point I read a story that had them remove Pluto from her position, though Id be hard pressed to recall anything else like the title or author of it offhand. It was quite a while ago as I remember it but I think it was good. Off Fanfiction if I recall though dont quote me on it. It had Ranma in it as well if IRC.

I seem to remember a fic where Urd was doing a bit of research on Ranma and borrowed the Gate. When Pluto showed up screaming "Who the hell are you and get away from MY gate..." Urd's responce was something to the effect that Pluto's gate worked entirely under the sufferance of Urd and her sisters. She threatened to turn off Pluto's power if she didn't shut up.
A.Nonymous
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender