Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Postby MC80a Liberty » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:33 pm

It seems slightly more likely to me that she's Koizumi's counterpart, although her being Mikuru's counterpart does seem more reasonable now that I think more about it (assuming she is one of Haruhi's creations, of course, but so far the only character's with odd hair colours other than her are special characters and Eimi, who was being manipulated by Yuki). A pity that she probably isn't another data life form though, Yuki and her counterparts are hardcore, while the others are somewhat... lacking in comparison. :P
MC80a Liberty
Senshi Candidate

Postby Bliss » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:42 pm

True True....
Well, I remember in one of the episodes when Mikuru was introducing Tsuruya, she said that she was a friend.. but for this time/life only...
Hmm... I'm actually curious if perhaps Suzumiya isn't somehow the incarnation of Yuki's master.... that would be an interesting twist.. or Kyon.. considering Yuki listens to Kyon.. well sort of... hmmm
I'm actually curious who Koizumi's counterpart will be if not Tsuruya... we only briefly saw his power when he was fiting that corrupted data form... but yeah, I agree... Yuki has the best powers....
I wonder if those radical elements that Koizumi was talking about won't show up... Haha, it would be ironic yet amusing if it turns out that Kyon's sister was somehow involved in all this...
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Frog » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:50 pm

In all honesty, your theories about Tsuruya strike me as a little silly. We've had no indication that she's anything other than a normal highschool student. Kyon suspected she might be a time traveller? Quickly debunked by Mikuru. Think she's an ESPer? Itsuki already said that out of the very limited number of ESPer's he was the one that got chosen by The Organization to keep Haruhi under surveillance. Also, if she were from any sort of group trying to keep tabs on Haruhi then, let me say, she's doing an awful job of it.
IF you've read the novel translations, as I have, then episode 10 was the episode that you were waiting for. I was, and it delivered. I was very, very happy with it.
As for Snow White? I always thought that didn't quite fit, but I guess that's the more popular western fairy tale in Japan. Sleeping Beauty would be more appropriate.
Move, make way, truth is coming through
The era of justice will come
There are songs of hope too
I would happily sacrifice my life for this world.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Bliss » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:55 pm

Haha, I guess I'm just randomly speculating.... ugh.. recent anime I've been attempting to watch has gotten me really paranoid... *coughHigurashicough*....
Hmmm from what you've said... Kyon is going to have to kiss someone!?....
Hmm.. I really should go and read the novels... would probably quell all these wild theories that are bouncing around in my head...
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby MC80a Liberty » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:03 pm

Kyon's sister? I'd honestly forgotten to include her in any musings. It would be amusing though.
Uberjugla's comment also makes some sense (which is why it's probably not true :wink: ). Kyon has an interest in espers, aliens, time-travellers, etc, but grew out of it, if Kyon's the real force behind it all then Haruhi could be a means for him to wish for and track down oddities while allowing him to maintain his position as a rational person. Or, to put it another way, rather than Kyon serving as Haruhi's voice of reason (conscience?), Haruhi serves as Kyon's irrational, unconcerned and oddity attracting side.
This could also explain why Kyon's always in the middle of things while Haruhi remains unaware despite it supposedly being due to her desires (and why Kyon's always getting close to pretty girls).
Or maybe I'm thinking to hard, bad thing to do with this show. :lol:
I don't doubt that someone who's read the novels will tell me I'm wrong though. I'll have to finish reading what few translations I can find soon.
Last edited by MC80a Liberty on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MC80a Liberty
Senshi Candidate

Postby Bliss » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:15 pm

Wow, I hadn't thought about Haruhi being the voice of Kyon's irrationality..... *shrugs*... I ought to find the novels and read them....
Hmm.. does the manga follow the novel/anime? I've only read the first chapter... so I have no clue if I want to continue hunting them down or should I just stick with finding the novel translations and reading them....
Besides, a part of me really like randomly speculating...and finding out I'm totally wrong... or right... It's a pleasant surprise ^^.
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Frog » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:25 pm

The Haruhi Suzumiya Novel Translation Wiki Be warned: SPOILERS. Volume 1, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, is complete. Volume 2 is nearing competion.
There are two Haruhi Manga adaptations. The first one was canceled because the author of the novels felt that they were diverging too much from his work. Also, the manga artist was doing hentai books of Haruhi on the side and the novel's author did not like that all. Thus it got junked.
The second manga adaptation began about the same time as the anime series. So far as I know it seems to be a straight adaptation of the novels, in much the same manner as the anime.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Bliss » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:30 pm

Which adaptation is the K-E scanlated version?
I'd give a link but I just get them off manganews.net.... I don't want the cancelled one... and Wikipedia is temporarily unavailable where I'm at....
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Frog » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:10 am

Sorry, but I can't tell the difference based just on scanlators names. I havent been really following the manga so it's kind of difficult to tell. I do, however, remember seeing some scans of the canceled manga and thinking that the art style ill resembled that of the illustrations from the novel. The authour/artist was Gaku Tsugano. Dunno who's doing the new adaptation, but it already has two volumes out. The art style still does not resemble Noizi Itou's, but it's far cuter and fitting than Gaku Tsugano's.
Sorry if it isn't of much help but I hope you can tell the difference between the mangas now.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Bliss » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:14 am

Yeah, thanks for the info. I just need to cross check the mangaka's name with the one on the Manganews database...
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:06 am

Set aside on HDD... Not had time to watch this. But with all the comments I've seen sofar over the net, I'm quite sure I will :D
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Frog » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:18 pm

Froggie comes bearing spoilers. If you do not mind spoilers for this particular series, like me, then you might be interested in going to the following link:
Haruhi Suzumiya Novels TimeLine. (up to volume 6)
The guy writes that it's not very spoilerish. Not quite so, as it is extremely detailed and gives you a great idea of what might occur in the anime, deciding on which chapters they decide to animate.
To note: The timeline reveals that Tsuruya is, in fact, nothing more than a normal highschool student and does away with some pretty annoying speculations about Mikuru.
I can't wait for Day of Sagittarius. A Yuki episode.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby MC80a Liberty » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:31 pm

The sub of Day of Sagittarus is out. Two Yuki eps in a row (Joy!), this time showing her adorably cute side. Also entertaining to see Haruhi's horizontal flying kick and having her get the episode number right in the preview.
MC80a Liberty
Senshi Candidate

Postby Bliss » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:34 pm

Does anyone know if there are clips of just the songs from the Live a Live episode?
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:41 am

OMG! Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu is over....
So what's the order of viewing? I mean based on the end-wise, cuz' it's pretty clear for the most part but I don't know where to put in the Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi, Remote Island Syndrome Part 1 & 2, Mysterique Sign. The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina gag episode...
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Anime / Manga