Avoiding Spamville Neo!

Chit Chat: Freeform roleplay. Only place where spam allowed. This topic is periodically pruned for removal of old posts

Re: Avoiding Spamville Neo!

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Was that the one where the game got messed up if you saved right next to a taxi?
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 am

Don't think it was right next to a taxi, but in a certain spot elsewhere.

Also I finished the main game of Shield.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:17 am

"The same for Sword, plus the post-game storyline. It's about time for another collection binge, though honestly I'm reluctant to do so where this Gen's fossil Pokemon are concerned. The lore with those honestly creeps me out."
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:56 pm

I think the Fossilmon of this gen are the only Pokemon I can say I don't like at all. I just feel incredibly sorry for them since their very existence is suffering.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:47 am

"Yeah... I've been able to complete either the regional or National Pokedex at least once in each generation, but I'm considering making an exception this time and just going for whatever I can get."
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 pm

Though I guess in a way they're growing on me. I still feel bad for them.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:15 pm

"Well, I guess it helps a little that they don't act so debilitated by what's happened when the player's camping out.

In the meantime, I might as well save up enough money and go on a spree that Callista would be proud of. Time to raid the boutiques and buy everything!"
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:49 am

((OOC: I... had a bit of a close call today... or yesterday, technically, but whatever. Dad and I were driving home, and we were about to pass through this intersection that didn't have any Stop or Yield signs. I saw this SUV passing through, but I assumed that Dad was already aware of it and didn't say anything. He wasn't, and he just kept on going---and he almost ending up T-boning the other car. As it was, he just barely managed to put on the brakes in time to prevent an accident.

I thought for sure we were going to damage the other car, but somehow it managed to escape without any sort of harm done to it--or if there was any, I didn't see it. My Mom's car didn't get off so lightly, though; the very front of it got badly scuffed and dented, and she was upset when we got home. As for the other driver, she and her kids were surprisingly forgiving; she didn't give us a hard time or anything, she just got out to see if everyone was alright while we were looking over the damage. Another driver nearby saw what happened and came to check on things, and I want to say his perspective helped.

So, yeah. Due to multiple errors in judgment from multiple parties, that could've been a lot worse. If you see a car coming, people, do not just sit there like a ninny and assume the driver already knows about it. SPEAK UP BEFORE BAD THINGS HAPPEN. Thank you.

Whew.))
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:10 am

Sorry to hear about that. There should really always be a stop sign at a corner. Yields don't bloody work.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Circe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Eesh... I'm glad everyone came out of that OK.
My Spamville character sheet!

Sailor Soldier of Umbriel!
Circe
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Good thing everyone is okay.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:27 pm

((OOC: Thanks, guys. :) ))

Lioconvoy wrote:Sorry to hear about that. There should really always be a stop sign at a corner. Yields don't bloody work.

((OOC: Whatever helps people actually keep their eyes open when driving works for me. Can't really apply it too much to myself, though: I've never had a driver's license. ()^_^ ))
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:08 am

Never had one either, but speaking as a passenger and a pedestrian Yield signs do crap. Not to say their aren't drivers that ignore stop signs too, but I can't even begin count the number of times I've seen Yield signs ignored.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:46 am

We don't even have those 'yield' signs... I know how those work (I've gotten plenty of miles crossing the USA during various vacations), but over here a red light means stop. That's it. There is no right-on-red or anything of the sort.

In some cases right turns have been changed so you can continue driving by making the turning traffic enter it's own lane, or you run into situations where right turning traffic has to give pedestrians and bicycles the right of way.

Then again... we also don't have schoolbusses and their specific rules, whereas we do have a lot of roundabouts which are a rarity in the US. Not to mention turbo roundabouts (which basically split lanes on the roundabout) which I have never even seen in the US. Or a real fun roundabout with no traffic lights and double lanes... just so traffic can come at you from all sides.

Intersections with us also work differently in so far that it's not the order of arriving at the crossing that determines who goes next, but with us it's always the traffic coming from the right that gets to go first. And while stop signs work the same here as the USA, I find that in the USA that rule is more taken to heart by the drivers than it is here. Yes, if it's hard to see, I'll stop, but if I can clearly make out no traffic is coming, while I do slow down, I'm not stopping completely. I'm coasting through... While US drivers usually tend to come to most of a stop before increasing speed again.

I like driving in the US better tho... Atleast you folk can talk your way out of tickets. Over here you get the ticket in the mail, you can appeal it, but mostly your appeal will be dismissed unless you have some compelling evidence (speed camera's tend to do that). And while cops do cite tickets, that's rarely for speeding or redlight infractions (which make up the bulk). Hell, the A2 highway here is 5 lanes, but requires 100 kph / 60 mph during the day hours. Only after 19:00 to 06:00 you can increase speed to 130 kph / 80 mph. And you WILL drive the limit (none of that 5 to 10 miles per hour over crap you can do in the US), seeing they have that stretch of road under a distance control check. Then snap a picture of your licenseplate at the start of a stretch, they snap another pic at the end of that stretch, compare times, and calculate your average speed. If it's more than allowed, the citation is issued automatically. The bit between Utrecht and Amsterdam (30 km / 20 miles) is cut up into 5 sections that do that.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:22 pm

Cal you like a post where I was ranting about Star Craft?

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Spamville