Story where Ranma was friends with Yuka and Sayuri?

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Story where Ranma was friends with Yuka and Sayuri?

Postby RobustPhysics » Sun May 05, 2019 8:26 pm

I can't remember the exact specifics. And I'm probably confusing the details with a variety of stories. But basically, it featured...

1) Ranma was cursed early on
2) Ranma went to middle school with Yuka and Sayuri (maybe Daisuke and Hiroshi were there too?)
3) ~~During elementary/middle school, Yuka and Sayuri were fighting, and tumbled out the window. Ranma saved them, but broke a leg doing so.~~ Never mind, this is from Ririkaru Ranma.
4) At some point, when the Ranma 1/2 canon starts, Akane is surprised that Ranma already knows Yuka and Sayuri.
5) There may have been a scene where Azusa took "P-Chan", and Ranma tries to rescue him? While at the ice rink with Akane AND Yuka + Sayuri?

Ranma also might have been a magical girl, but I'm not sure.

Anybody have any idea what stories these could be? Anything that fits, even if it's just one or two of the above details, would be wonderful.
RobustPhysics
Senshi Candidate

Re: Story where Ranma was friends with Yuka and Sayuri?

Postby jasonjkay » Sun May 05, 2019 9:21 pm

I think i've read one or two where Ranma becomes friends with Yuka and Sayuri after meeting Akane but I don't recall any any with him meeting them before. Usually in stories where he meets someone early, it's one of the Tendo's so he's already friends with at least one of them by the time the manga/anime starts.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:36 pm

I recall a few where he was friends with them, and couple whetre he ended up with them, but only two come to mind where he knew them before Akane. One was where he met them the morning of or the day before, and another was I think a sailor moon crossover...

I can't recall the names at the moment though.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Sun May 05, 2019 11:22 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:I recall a few where he was friends with them, and couple whetre he ended up with them,

I honestly don't recall any fics where Ranma wound up with both Yuka and Sayuri save for some stories where he has a harem of most of the female cast or a PWP lemon.
Care to share?
Incidentally, I think the PWP was on the defunct Sakura Lemon, but don't quote me on that. I can't recall what the Big Harem fic was, I've been largely out of the Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon fandoms for the last 10 years. I just got sick of the same stuff. I'm getting that way with HP too now.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 am

slickrcbd wrote:I've been largely out of the Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon fandoms for the last 10 years. I just got sick of the same stuff. I'm getting that way with HP too now.

I've felt that way also. Lately I'm reading WORM fanfics. The source is a well-written and somewhat realistic (but terrible) grimdark web novel. Never read it - I was warned. But after all, one of the primary fanwriter impulses is to FIX that sort of thing. There are a couple of prolific writers that manage some reasonable cheer out of it.

ack1308 (don't read Prodigal Daughter first).

mp3.1415player (even manages to get a bit of Harry Potter into it).

Not exactly trying to divert the thread, but that comment resonated with me.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby slickrcbd » Mon May 06, 2019 11:22 am

Actually, we're on the same page. I've read all of Ack's finished works, or at least the ones that are not Taylor/Danny, and I've been reading Taylor Varga. That's going to take some time. However, let's not derail THIS thread with a worm author/fic rec discussion. It could be posted elsewhere.

Besides, I just had one on CaerAzkaban last week.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon May 06, 2019 2:21 pm

You have a good point there. It's hard searching for stories where (Ranma got cursed early) and (met Yuka and Sayuri before Akane). The search functions on FFnet simply are not set up for that kind of query. Nor could they be, without undue strain on administrators, site, and users. There are stories I know are on my hard drive, but are infuriatingly elusive - and that's a much smaller base of stories. Asking a group of people steeped in the lore does make sense, but doesn't always give the desired results....
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Dumbledork » Tue May 07, 2019 6:36 am

Pretty sure there were some Ranma being friends with Yuka and Sayuri on adventure.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby RobustPhysics » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:04 am

Oh! I somehow managed to stumble upon it. Apparently I missed some of the biggest factors, namely that it was a semi-DBZ crossover, and it seems Ranma had a crush on Ryouga.

Ranma was friends with Yuka and Sayuri, AND also Daisuke and Hiroshi. And Ranma saved Daisuke and Hiroshi from falling, instead of Yuka and Sayuri (which is probably an idea the author got from Ririkaru Ranma, which went the same way - no wonder I was confused).

It's not as well written as I remembered, and I'm guessing I won't be interested in most of the later plot, but I can finally can get that scene out of my head.

Regardless, thank you for all of the responses!

Story Link Below:
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7765067/1/
(Blessings in Disguise by Inuyasha-loves-Hanyou-Kagome)
RobustPhysics
Senshi Candidate

Return to Fic Search