What if… — Idea inklings

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: What if… — Idea inklings

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:06 pm

For some strange, inexplicable reason, I am imagining Ranma and Usagi in Shinjuku, both very drunk. There they meet, have a quickie and part, neither knowing or remembering the other. As a result, nobody (except maybe Setsuna) knows that Mamoru is not Chibi-Usa’s father.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Eh, perfectly plausible. :P
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:39 am

That sort of happened to Ranma and Hotaru in Awkward Consequences, except for the part about forgetting. (And, of course, Shinjuku and Chibi-Moon.)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:22 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:That sort of happened to Ranma and Hotaru in Awkward Consequences, except for the part about forgetting. (And, of course, Shinjuku and Chibi-Moon.)

Wish that one was continued, it was good.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:58 pm

A certain image of Moon Queen Serenity I once saw on Shackled Senshi prompted this line:

“How’s a guy to tell someone’s a queen when she pops up looking like a jobless working gal?”

It is from an unwritten story about a freight dog that has been plying the Outer Reaches in his in-a-class-of-her-own combi freighter (as in, it has passenger space, too). His last job is to transport a cache of parts that the Royal Transport Museum scored to said museum, where the Windflower will also reside, being both unique and in very good condition. After signing off with Port Control, which includes informing them that they “can finally donate these channel plates to the Archaeological Museum” (the Windflower was the only ship left that could only use that particular channel for entering and leaving).

Not long thereafter, he finds a woman onboard dressed in nowt but a lift-up, suspenders and stockings. Naturally he assumes she is a down-on-her-luck ‘sex worker’ (bloody stupid euphemisms) and makes to keep her fed and clothed until landing in a couple of weeks, and she insists on sharing his berth — with him in it! — in the meantime. A day or so before landing, she disappears, leaving behind a note of thanks. A signed note of thanks.

Had a thought of this being a flashback, PoV jumping between captain and ‘working gal’, possibly as them recounting how they first met to different groups during stag/hen parties.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:28 am

And if you think the above was bad, another image (“All Wrapped Up”, with every Senshi and a grown Chibi-Usa in just that predicament) yielded this line:

“Are you sure your opponent isn’t your mothers out for grandbabies?”

In this case, the backstory begins in Darkest Nishitokyo, where there is a fictitious one-car railway line, known simply as the Kisha-sen (Diesel Car Line), because the one car is an old diesel railbus, and everybody else electrified long ago. Well, one boring morning, the driver goes to prepare for the morning ‘rush’, only to find a bunch of under-dressed, trussed-up girls in the car. They, of course, turn out to be a mahou shoujo sentai team (let’s just say the Sailor Senshi for topicness’s sake). Now, this happens again a while later, and then a few more times until it becomes ‘such is life’, and he has a slop chest with spare clothes they have sent in so they can dress up again and chitchat while taking the ’bus to a line back to Tokyo.

And then, one day, the group-plus is unusually underdressed and all wrapped up like birthday presents. At that time, the driver can no longer hold his thoughts on the matter in.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:55 am

Now, regarding the Ranma/Usagi tryst upstream, it popped into my mind that if Setsuna knew, it could be because she used a pre-existing condition (them being drunk and running into each other) as a way of ‘awarding’ NQS for a certain geas. Slightly mean, but no-one else knows, so who cares?

Or, Ami might be the unknowing cause. She wonders to the other Inners if Mamoru and Usagi might be mutually infertile. Usagi overhears, gets depressed, goes out into town, gets drunk, snuu-snuu happens, Usagi later mentions that she knows Ami was wrong about that mutant inferi-whatsis thing because ‘the truth is in here.’

I had mostly Yasuhei’s My Favourite Mistake in mind when this bunny first popped up.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Okay… more Ami and Usagi, again inspired by images of varying H-ness:

Usagi learns that Ami is pregnant and goes all Righteous Warrior, dragging Ami with her to confront the dastardly dick. Guy’s not yet out of bed when Usagi storms in and ‘pours from her bowls of wrath’ all over him. Once she finishes, he says that it is indeed true. He then adds: “Or why do you think I’m bedridden like this?”

Usagi, completely gobstopped, looks at a blushing, smiling Ami… and bluescreens from the onrushing imagery.

Edit: I recalled as I crawled into bed that there was a similar scene in Lord Strife’s “Aftermath”, except there Luna was the ranter.

The story is incomplete at ten chapters and has lain dormant for nearly nine years. IIRC, the goal was to mate Ranma with a mob of bluenettes, so it is a tad limish at times. Oh, and there is a subplot of Mamoru losing his wedding tackle to gunfire (for the Greater Good, of course), which totally explains why Usagi jr. is a lone child.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:34 pm

Let’s just say that these are odds and ends from a never-written CS thesis, and leave it at that. OK?

“Dereferencing NULL Pointers Considered Harmful.”

“After the dust settled and the rubble stopped bouncing, I took stock of what remained. Not much, only an image of Queen Serenity whose dress had been blown clean off by the blast, leaving her in only a push-up, suspenders and stockings, and me in no doubt about why hordes of otaku boys have over the years proclaimed her to be the aniMILF.”

“… with a success rate equal to that of a redwing trying to drive away a Caterpillar D10.”

“Based on acquired experience, this would be as easy as landing a space shuttle on a string of supercarriers during a storm squall.”

“Whoever said that success had to be a controlled lack of failure?”
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Okay… more Ami and Usagi, again inspired by images of varying H-ness:

Usagi learns that Ami is pregnant and goes all Righteous Warrior, dragging Ami with her to confront the dastardly dick. Guy’s not yet out of bed when Usagi storms in and ‘pours from her bowls of wrath’ all over him. Once she finishes, he says that it is indeed true. He then adds: “Or why do you think I’m bedridden like this?”

Usagi, completely gobstopped, looks at a blushing, smiling Ami… and bluescreens from the onrushing imagery.

Edit: I recalled as I crawled into bed that there was a similar scene in Lord Strife’s “Aftermath”, except there Luna was the ranter.

The story is incomplete at ten chapters and has lain dormant for nearly nine years. IIRC, the goal was to mate Ranma with a mob of bluenettes, so it is a tad limish at times. Oh, and there is a subplot of Mamoru losing his wedding tackle to gunfire (for the Greater Good, of course), which totally explains why Usagi jr. is a lone child.

:mrgreen:

So much fun can be made out of that kind of weirdness, there's just so much you can justify based on what is already canon in the Ranmaverse.

I have a story begun that was essentially just based on "how many pregnancies can i justify Ranma causing, SOMEHOW, in the shortest possible time"... :P

Which was, over a few months time or so, i think the ladies afflicted were, Akane, Nabiki, Kasumi, Ukyo, Schampoo, Sayuri, Yuka, Shikako, Makoto(ie Akane's 4 friends from school), Hotaru and Ami from Sailor Moon and Chinami Ebihara from Code-E/Mission-E... Though only Akane "intentionally", Hotaru and Chinami with the classic spiked "whatever", later Ami due to being mistaken for Akane while in a daze after getting hit by a big chunk of fireworks from Mousse(and Ami accidentally having drinking from the wrong glass at a party and being more than a little affected ), while the rest are more, shall we say, contrived...
Oh, and Kodachi was the one who caused a lot of it, though unwittingly, which is why noone suspects her, she gets a BIG dose of her own "medicine"... Schampoo then tried to use the same method for Vengeance! And fucked up. Literally.

The concept of adding Kirika as in Aftermath is a kinda tempting fun one though... :twisted: Though i'm not sure if i could manage to add more girls to the idiocy that that story is.

The idea of going for bluenettes only is also an amusing way to do it.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:48 am

I began a story not unlike that way back in 1960, only I did it to the DC Universe. The first chapter was fun, and easy to write -- but was only a setup. When I tried to turn it into a story, I hit a brick wall. That many near-simultaneous pregnancies strained the bounds of coincidence. Somebody caused it. Who, and why? And how? If I'd had a Mary Sue of a Setsuna back then, it might have worked; but she wasn't active at the time.

Ideas and scenarios are fun, but they aren't stories.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:58 am

I can’t remember if I ever mentioned it here, but “Everyone impregnates Ranma”.

Ranma: Through a series of insanely improbable events, Ranma winds up pregnant in turn by various Ranmaverse characters, even those who’d rather be the ones having the babies.

Who will be next?

Will anyone be spared fathering a child on onna-Ranma?

“Poor Happosai...” “Poor Happosai, my fantail! Try poor Cologne!”

Will Kodachi be shocked into total insanity or total sanity?

Will Tatewaki perform a variant of the Saotome Secret Technique?

How will Nodoka take to having been a ‘manly man’?

Will Ukyo’s father dance the Grandchildren Dance?

Will this be another ‘Cheaper By The Dozen’?

Is this a dream or is it really happening?
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:46 pm

I can’t remember if I ever mentioned it here, but “Everyone impregnates Ranma”.

Due to "him" being just a single person, that alone probably wouldn't work very well... Buuut... :twisted:
I'm sure that's not an insurmountable obstacle. :P

Finding some sort of martial arts technique that lets him make "copies" of himself which misfires? Misfires VERY badly. :mrgreen:
Magic of course, is always on the table for things going weird for Ranma.

Will this be another ‘Cheaper By The Dozen’?

:lol:

That was a very nicely done setup.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Sometime this morning I recalled a fic in which the girl who drowned in That Spring was Beryl's daughter. This was followed by an idea of a stand-off between Beryl and the Senshi being interrupted by Nodoka and a wet and grumbling Ranma (read, Ranko). We have Beryl 'recognising' Ranma — and before we know it, she and Nodoka are interacting, and then the infamous Grandbabies Syndrome springs up, resulting in one very flustered Ranko and a group of baffled/amused Senshi.

Then, say, Ryouga ambles by and Ranko seeks refuge with him — it can't get any worse. after all — and the GbS really takes off, with both women convincing each other that grandbabies are inevitable and it's just a matter of time. And much mortification shall ensue.

It comes up that one of the Senshi lives on her own. Nodoka offers to adopt her soonest, and begins to speculate on more grandbabies, leading to more mortification.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs