THis place seems dead....

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

THis place seems dead....

Postby ckosacranoid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:38 pm

This place seems to have been very dead for some time now and not much going on in the last 6 months it seems. not sure why that is and I check back every couple of weeks.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: THis place seems dead....

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:25 pm

It's not dead. It's only resting after a prolonged squawk.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:57 pm

It's been pretty slow for the last few years.

And getting slower.

The forum was built around a niche subtype of a crossover of two anime that are pretty aged.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby CRBWildcat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 pm

I'm still here. I just haven't been able to say or do much due to RL concerns and my imagination temporarily going AWOL.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:24 am

I'm still here, also, but the last crossover I did was Tenchi with Harry Potter. That was years ago. My fiction muse is on life support, though my non-fiction muse is doing okay.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:It's not dead. It's only resting after a prolonged squawk.

I'm sure it's just pining for the fjords.

This place seems to have been very dead for some time now and not much going on in the last 6 months it seems. not sure why that is and I check back every couple of weeks.

Not dead, just not very active.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Spica75 wrote:I'm sure it's just pining for the fjords.

Ha! It wouldn’t VOOM! if you put ten million volts through it!
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Ha! It wouldn’t VOOM! if you put ten million volts through it!

Perhaps it would if you put it in a wheelchair at the top of a steep hill and pushed.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Cheb » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Hah, you should see my board. Barely half a dozen guys, about one post per week.

Personally, I am currently on a side track with my sudden Shantae / Brutal Doom crossover that has no place on this forum.

And things keep distracting me from reading Return Revised. Ironically, I read tons of other stuff since then, including three humongous Worm fics. Oh spirits, they are eating at my mind!So many characters, and I memorized them all! Why oh why.
And all of that while I have a browser tab with Ch. 4 of Betrayed Consequences open... since January, I think :( Because I take reading The Return properly, with enough spare energy to comment, too seriously.

How do you call that thing when you got so used to postponing things you want to do that your mind becomes twisted and when you get a chance to do them, you find yourself wasting time with meaningless distractions, or just spacing out for no reason, unable to act until the opportunity passes and then you are back to wanting again, trapped forever between frustration and strange mind block :cry: Most of my weekends in the last couple years were like that, 90% wasted, and all my vacations in the last decade, if you can even call them that.

My fanfiction writing suffers, my productivity at work flags dangerously... How does one break such a vicious cycle?
Planning suicide failed miserably as I caught the "never give up" bug again (I suspect, from Shantae this time, because it was Ranma 1/2 that had infected me with unyielding optimism the last time, in 2006 -- the charge lasts about 7 years, obviously). Also, we already have Brian Randall. I can't do that to my readers, not unless all my works here are done.
Using psychoactive medicine for schizophreniacs doesn't do anything. Well, it makes me more balanced but that's all.
Piting my willpower against the block only strengthens it.
Petting my cats only decreases my stress level, until I hit another block and it rises again.
Trying to use techniques against writer's block fails because I get distracted anyway, reading another Worm fic, or some unrelated wiki or stuff.
Using moonshine... a good try, but I tend to savor it so slowly that one bottle lasts for months. Yummy!
I suspect there is a simple recipe I'm not aware of, only requiring pointed application of willpower, but argh Image

Does anyone have blatant revelations to poke me with?
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:32 am

P.S. I'm officially an idiot. But thankfully, posting that helped me realize the problem.

It's a subset of me-as-a-neural-network. Not exactly split personality, but instead an auto-engaging skill. Just like the skill of not stepping on cats or skill of navigating the streets without being hit by a car, or the skill of automatically raising mental barriers in response to melodies playing in the environment or the skill of making tea.

Like any skill, you have full conscious control while you train it but then you begin using it as a black box with inputs and outputs and may even forget of using it altogether.

I just have to concentrate all the time on *not* using that skill. Hopefully its triggers would eventually fade away.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Neko- » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Slow... but still not dead
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:35 am

I've been busy playing Granblue Fantasy lately. That game is just too addictive.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 am

Dead. Is it a burner, or a buryer?
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:32 pm

It's only mostly dead.