Solitude

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Solitude

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:27 pm

My dad recently got (and accepted) a job offer back in Michigan (not in the same area, mind you, but nearer to Lake Michigan). The intent is for him to make enough money to finish paying off our house and take care of our remaining debts, with me contributing a portion of my own pay towards that end, and it looks like things might work out for the best in that regard. That's not what's bothering me, though.

Previously, the plan was for him to stay up there, book a motel, find a semi-permanent residence, then come back and pick up Mom and the cats if it looks like his job is stable. My Mom decided that she didn't like to be without him for that long, so the both of them will be leaving together by the middle of next week. Leaving me here in Kansas on my own, taking care of the cats until the end of the month.

Those who know my backstory might say "it's about time" at this point. I mean, I'm in my mid-thirties while my parents are both up around or at 70. Young birds have to leave the nest eventually, after all, and off the Internet I've been what one would call a "social" person. I treasure my solitude greatly.

But it doesn't change the fact that I'm going to miss them when they're gone.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Re: Solitude

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:45 am

When I was younger (say in my twenties and early thirties) I seemed to have a two-year cycle. I'd live with people for maybe two years, then get a place by myself for maybe two years, rinse and repeat.

Then, about forty years ago, I got married.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Neko- » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:58 pm

I’m still living at home with my mom. By now tho I’ve bought the house and she lives in with me :)

Doesn’t take away the fact that when a parent is gone for a longer will start missing them. It’ll get easier over time, but I suppose the feeling will never really pass
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:When I was younger (say in my twenties and early thirties) I seemed to have a two-year cycle. I'd live with people for maybe two years, then get a place by myself for maybe two years, rinse and repeat.

Then, about forty years ago, I got married.

The ultimate solution, assuming things like that work out. :)

Neko- wrote:I’m still living at home with my mom. By now tho I’ve bought the house and she lives in with me :)

Doesn’t take away the fact that when a parent is gone for a longer will start missing them. It’ll get easier over time, but I suppose the feeling will never really pass

Hey, bonus. That works too. :)

Best I can hope for is if my parents decide to deed the property to me after its fully paid for. No way I'll be able to purchase it on my salary. :lol:
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:37 am

I was fortunate enough to have saved up a decent amount of money. That and the lower housing prices at the time due to the crisis made the house an acceptable cost for me, and allowed me to finance the mortgage on it.

I know of people paying more rent per month than I pay in monthly mortgage fees, and they have way less space than I currently do :)
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:41 am

Funny how things work out.

And speaking of things working out, my mom's back to stay. >^_^< Between the heavy traffic up where she and Dad have been living and being without the cats, she decided she didn't like her circumstances up there. So, while my Dad continues to work up there and pay stuff off, she's going to be home here looking after the cats. I am not objecting in the slightest. :D
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:48 pm

CRBWildcat wrote:Funny how things work out.

And speaking of things working out, my mom's back to stay. >^_^< Between the heavy traffic up where she and Dad have been living and being without the cats, she decided she didn't like her circumstances up there. So, while my Dad continues to work up there and pay stuff off, she's going to be home here looking after the cats. I am not objecting in the slightest. :D

Cats are important and they need their precious servants! :P
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:08 am

Meow?
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:01 am

A dog looks at you and grins, and thinks: "She gives me a place to live, a comfortable dog bed, food, and she plays with me. She must be God!"

A cat looks at you blankface, and thinks "She gives me a place to live, I can sleep anywhere I want, some of that cat food is delicious, and she knits so I can have yarn to play with. I must be God!"
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Other Talk