Updated/New Fic list

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Updated/New Fic list

Postby TattooTheDL » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Wow, Aikan Muyo. That is my touchstone for doing a lemon properly. I've met also a good Harry Potter lemon, and a Ranma story that couldn't have been done without being a lemon. And that's about it. I'll have to check your story.

*Headdesk*

And I'm an idiot, cause for some reason my brain saw the post you made (in this very thread) where you brought it up, and I got so excited for someone else who knew about the old TMFFA website that I assumed you'd read my fic, and you were linking the two together.
TattooTheDL
Senshi Candidate

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Actually, I'm rather skittish around lemons. Back when I was really under the influence of underground comics (think Larry Welz, creator of Cherry Poptart) I tried putting lemon into a comic script. It didn't work. Eventually, I fell back to having it offstage, while watching a cat watch it.

Since then, I try to slip past lemons quietly. About as explicit as I get is "Genma lay awake that night. What had he let himself in for? The faint, distant sound of the schools being joined didn't help, nor the later sound of cats yowling in the neighbors' yard."

(This was a story in which Ranma had made friends with the Cat.)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:04 pm

TattooTheDL wrote:Soo....

*Awkward cough*

I'm kinda...the author of that Ranma/Totally Spies fic.

I googled the name because I was curious if it'd shown up anywhere/if people were talking about it besides the comments on the stories themselves, which is how I found myself here. (Plus it was used for examples on TVTropes!? Holy sh-t, do I feel proud about that)

I'm really happy people like it, even though my face could be tossed in a veggie bin and be indistinguishable from the other tomatoes cause the content is...decidedly R+ aside from the overall plot, though I do feel proud of my accomplishment. (I was compared to Aikan Muyo...no words. *sniffle*)

Anyway, is anyone interested/this a place where I can ask about that/test some things out/beta'd for this story? (NOT The saucy bits!) Cause I'd like some place I can get a bit of feedback on that. Granted, this will mean people are going to be severely spoiled for upcoming content as the next chapter is an explanation for how/why Ranma is in Beverly Hills in the first place, but C'est la vie.

Cool. I really love the story and it's definitely one of the best Ranma lemon stories I read since it has a really interesting plot. Now Will Ranma complete the collection? There's still one of the girls left out.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TattooTheDL » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:55 am

Dumbledork wrote:Cool. I really love the story and it's definitely one of the best Ranma lemon stories I read since it has a really interesting plot. Now Will Ranma complete the collection? There's still one of the girls left out.

Oh yes, Ranma will get the trifecta, though that won't be until the chapter after this one. This would be the point where the fecal-matter strikes the oscillating rotational device, and the subsequent fallout from that.

Also, my writing process can suck sometimes. TLDR: I'll write scenes based on various daydreams and then fluff the stuff around it, adding more details here-and-there where I think it's necessary, or when I look at it with a 'writers eye' and say, "Needs a better explanation there, a little trimming here..."

The issues come when I get a brainwave/scene idea, and a way to make a story better through "Show, Don't Tell." and it requires me to re-vamp an earlier chapter, which is what's gonna happen before I put up Chapter 4
SPOILER - Show Spoiler
Had an idea for how to exposit "Why Ranma is in Beverly Hills" and realized that I never said who was the villain that originally brought Britney to Nerima. Did some research on TS Villains, found Myrna Beesbottom, and everything flowed from there rather nicely...plus, being able to write some of the most whacked-out lines and have them make sense in the context of a story is so much FUN!

Anyway, the introduction to chapter 1 is gonna get a re-vamp before I put up Chapter 4, which is ALMOST done, as soon as I can 'fluff' the ending up to personal standards.
TattooTheDL
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 am

TattooTheDL wrote:...
I'm kinda...the author of that Ranma/Totally Spies fic.

I noticed it updated the other day on AFF, now up to chapter 4, but I was wondering why you changed the name slightly.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TattooTheDL » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:31 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:I noticed it updated the other day on AFF, now up to chapter 4, but I was wondering why you changed the name slightly.

I screwed up when I first uploaded the fics on HF and AFF, and had one version with "A Wild Horse" and "The Wild Horse" and changed it so they both became "The". I thought it worked better than "A".
TattooTheDL
Senshi Candidate

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:30 pm

https://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-19941-104/Methos+Tales+from+the+barman+Part+II.htm — Mr. Black saves the day (and the world). Accidentally, of course.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Cool new Ranma story. I'm so happy the author has written a new Ranma story after all this time.

"All The World's A Stage" by n1ght3lf

Tendou Nabiki has built a successful and profitable life for herself as a financial planner in Tokyo, putting the tragedies of her adolescent life in Nerima behind her. That is, until a company trip to see a Takarazuka Revue show brings the chaotic events of those days back into her life - and maybe, just maybe, give her one last chance at happiness.
Ranma - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,179 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 7 - Follows: 12 - Published: 9h ago - [Ranma, Nabiki] Nodoka, Kasumi

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13045758/1 ... s-A-Stage#

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 am

Ozzallos is back with a new story, a Ranma/DC crossover.

Weapon of Choice
By: Ozzallos 
An old acquaintance from Ranma's past opens up new doors and a future he never even considered for himself. The first step is said to be the longest stride... And for our martial artist, one straight into the deep end. DC Comics x Ranma xover.
Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Adventure/Supernatural - Ranma - Words: 8,400 - Published: 17m ago - id: 13087318

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13087318/1 ... -of-Choice

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:00 am

Dumbledork wrote:Cool new Ranma story. I'm so happy the author has written a new Ranma story after all this time.

"All The World's A Stage" by n1ght3lf

I'd like to point out this is the former Nightelf. I'm not sure how, but somebody poached that name. So this is what he now uses, however we might feel about Leetspeak.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Dumbledork wrote:Ozzallos is back with a new story, a Ranma/DC crossover.

Weapon of Choice
By: Ozzallos 
An old acquaintance from Ranma's past opens up new doors and a future he never even considered for himself. The first step is said to be the longest stride... And for our martial artist, one straight into the deep end. DC Comics x Ranma xover.
Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Adventure/Supernatural - Ranma - Words: 8,400 - Published: 17m ago - id: 13087318

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13087318/1 ... -of-Choice

I see he updated it with chapter 2. A pity, I was hoping he would have updated the relatively recent story on SpaceBattles he did, A Ranma and Star Wars crossover, but it is the Old Republic timeline... called 'Jusenkyo Rising'
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:36 am

New fukufic, and a good one at that. It has Ranma as Sailor Moon and is a crossover with Shin Megami Tensei.

Chikan Senshi Sailormoon
By: Mythril Moth 
When a new enemy kills Sailor Moon, Saotome Ranma must take her place and stand with the Sailor Senshi against this powerful new threat while trying to keep his secret new life and his ordinary crazy life from colliding.
Rated: Fiction T - English - Chapters: 8 - Words: 29,880 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 11 - Published: 16h ago - id: 13090374

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13090374/1 ... Sailormoon

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Dumbledork wrote:New fukufic, and a good one at that. It has Ranma as Sailor Moon and is a crossover with Shin Megami Tensei.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13090374/1 ... Sailormoon

Well, looks like a repost of existing stuff, with maybe some revisions, which is still good. As the fukufics entry has this story dating back to 2012/2014

That story itself is a darker reprise of an even older story (from 2004)
http://wiki.fukufics.com/fic:nibun_no_s ... ailor_moon

PCHeintz72 wrote:I see he updated it with chapter 2. A pity, I was hoping he would have updated the relatively recent story on SpaceBattles he did, A Ranma and Star Wars crossover, but it is the Old Republic timeline... called 'Jusenkyo Rising'

Looks like he just posted that.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13090763/1/

So that's cool.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Didn't realize it wasn't a new story. I can't remember ever having read it before.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Dumbledork wrote:Didn't realize it wasn't a new story. I can't remember ever having read it before.

I didn't either. It was only after I read all 8 chapters that I went... "this seems familiar", and then when I went to the fukufics wiki to add the entry... I found it was already there.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs