Commonality of Magic in Ranma 1/2

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Re: Commonality of Magic in Ranma 1/2

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:03 pm

not mail order no, but power armor like that does exist today https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_exoskeleton

So it is not beyond reason that something designed for persons with disabilities might be... overclocked... into something like what was in the Manga, not to mention that there ARE military examples in the US and Russia, at least in the proto-type/pre-roll out phases.

So again, I do need to say that I think that people are more accepting of magic in Ranma's world then average.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Sounds like it. Or maybe someone is offloading prototypes to make space for stuff that works.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Pata Hikari » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:02 pm

It's not a prototype. It's a completed product.

Like, the power armor we see is literally more advanced with its set up then it would have to give by default. It was set to self-destruct after getting a single punch in, which meant it had to be able to detect when the user got in their punch. This was not a defective product or an experiment.
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cheb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:29 pm

It may have been a design flaw :P Early Li-Ion batteries without overcurrent protection or such, distributed among armor pieces. Throwing a punch draws a current pulse, then the shock of impact jostles poorly placed/over-miniaturized components. Boom.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Pata Hikari » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Cheb wrote:It may have been a design flaw :P Early Li-Ion batteries without overcurrent protection or such, distributed among armor pieces. Throwing a punch draws a current pulse, then the shock of impact jostles poorly placed/over-miniaturized components. Boom.

Orrrr it's a complete mass produced product sold to the public.
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:50 am

Supposed to blow up after getting in one good hit? And those bloonies still bought it? Bloody lucky they didn’t buy the farm, too!
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Ranma