Options and Check Boxes Aren't Appearing

Talk about various bits of technology (both hardware and software) here. Also used for troubleshooting and other problems.

Options and Check Boxes Aren't Appearing

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Been experiencing some minor issues here. Check boxes and options aren't appearing for me in Windows at all. To clarify, I can still actually select the options, but the boxes and circles themselves don't appear. On anything, or at least anything outside of browsers.

Among other things this is seriously hindering my ability to use my Fraps screen recorder the way it's supposed to: the frames per second (FPS) counter keeps appearing in one corner of my recorded videos, when in actuality it's not supposed to be doing that. In most cases I'd be able to fix this myself, but in most cases I'd be able to see what's selected and what isn't in order to ascertain what the problem is. If I can't figure things out here by next weekend, I'll have to put my channel on hiatus.

I thought at first it was a problem with Fraps itself, and that restarting the computer would solve the problem, but it's a no-go on both counts. I tried to play a recently-installed game on Steam, and the first time I loaded it I was greeted with a screen asking me to select certain options (window size, game resolution, things of that nature). The text itself appeared, but again the circles and what not didn't: I couldn't tell what was and wasn't selected.

This is a long shot, I realize, but has anyone here dealt with this before?
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Re: Options and Check Boxes Aren't Appearing

Postby Spica75 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:08 am

You could try doing a Windows repair.

Closest thing to that i've seen came from a file that had gotten slightly corrupted.

I've seen something like it happen in individual games/apps, but not in windows itself, those too were also due to bad files though, so should still be a potential fix.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Options and Check Boxes Aren't Appearing

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Well, on the downside I wasn't able to figure out what the deal was with the system, but on the plus side I was able to get Fraps to cooperate with me through trial and error. Guess I'll be back on the video beat tomorrow.

Thanks anyway, Spica. :)
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Return to Tech