Fanfic summaries that don't inspire you to read the story

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Fanfic summaries that don't inspire you to read the stor

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Spica75 wrote:Just proclaiming that it's a bashfic automatically shoves it to the bottom of the list, only maybe exception is for parodies, and barely that...

If it's a bashfic, it will have problems. If it's a fic with bashing, the problems are probably less dire. Depends on the percentage of calories coming from the bash, and if they end up going to your hips. (Does this bash make me look fat?)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Hip checks aren't so bad. It's the body checks you have to watch out for.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:53 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:If it's a bashfic, it will have problems. If it's a fic with bashing, the problems are probably less dire. Depends on the percentage of calories coming from the bash, and if they end up going to your hips. (Does this bash make me look fat?)

If there's enough for them to think it needs to be stated, or that it is a theme of the fic, it's usually pretty bad(there's exceptions sure, but not often).

#####
I couldn't help mentioning trained attack lobsters in my fic :oops:

:mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:39 pm

I don't even know what to say about this one, except that there's not a chance in Hell that I'll ever read it *shudder*

Spark of a Fire Soldier by DarkLord98 reviews
Alternatively called "My d*ck burned off, so I might as well be a Hero." I'm not going to lie, I don't really have any idea of what kind of Summary I should do, so all I'm going to say is that this is a unique kind of SI fic, well, more like a Isekai OC fic about MHA, with some Enen no Shobutai stuff in, so hey, feel free to take a look. And there'll be some AU stuff if the future.
My Hero Academia/僕のヒーローアカデミア - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 6,669 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 12 - Published: Oct 7
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:16 am

Dumbledork wrote:I don't even know what to say about this one, except that there's not a chance in Hell that I'll ever read it *shudder*

At least the writer has a sense of humor. :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:52 am

Dumbledork wrote:I don't even know what to say about this one, except that there's not a chance in Hell that I'll ever read it *shudder*

I dunno. That story is probably in Hell already, so that's the only place you could read it. Assuming, of course, that Ryoga didn't take it back to Nerima as a souvenir of his travels, to give to Akane.

:twisted:
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:11 am

Best summary ever ^_^

The Dragon Who Lived (RE-WRITE PENDING)  by The Second Sire of Alucard reviews
No summary available.
Rated: M - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 31 - Words: 110,813 - Reviews: 340 - Favs: 906 - Follows: 1,032 - Updated: Oct 4 - Published: Dec 31, 2016 - [Harry P., Rias G.] Daphne G., OC - Complete

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:00 am

Yup, that's definitely a true classic.

Even better along with the "rewrite pending", which is generally the ultimate deathknell to a story, because rewrites, 4 times out of 5 it just makes the story disappear or never be continued/rewritten at all.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:23 am

I doubt anyone would like to read this one

The Return of my Immortal by solar.penguin1
Yes, it's yet another attempt at a parody/sequel to My Immortal. I know it seems like everyone who's into really crappy fiction has already done one, but I thought I'd do one anyway.
Rated: T - English - Parody/Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 637 - Published: Oct 15

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:40 am

Some of these should be in their own seperate thread called "Crossover Fanfics that should be in Hell or returned to whence they came". There are way too many I've read that fit that catagory and one or two I started that will never see the light of day...EVER
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:08 am

Any summary that includes the word "mpreg".
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:05 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Any summary that includes the word "mpreg".

Unquestionably. :D
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Pata Hikari » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:02 am

I have lost any interest in even looking at any Ranma fics that have "honor" in the summary because it's a sure sign that the principle cast members are going to be wildly out of character in the most boring way possible.
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 am

Pata Hikari wrote:I have lost any interest in even looking at any Ranma fics that have "honor" in the summary because it's a sure sign that the principle cast members are going to be wildly out of character in the most boring way possible.

I've even seen fics that gave Genma honor. Perhaps out of character, but not boring.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:41 am

I don't know if this can even be called a summary. It's almost longer than the "story".

New short story up for adoption and expansion by ZigsLotheon reviews
Basically a what if Ranma replaced Issei story and was locked as a girl while doing it
Crossover - Ranma & High School DxD/ハイスクールD×D - Rated: K - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 136 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 1 - Published: Nov 11 - Rias G., Ranma

Just for the lulz, here's the complete "chapter".

Not sure if anyone has done this concept but here we go. Once upon a time, Ranma decided he had had enough of the Male Kunos' shenanigans and was basically like "Fuck this shit I'm out" so his mom showed him a pamphlet for Kuoh Academy. Only one catch: he has to go as a girl as this is just before the implementation of the academy becoming a co-ed school but after Ranma arrives is when he gets dragged kicking and screaming maybe even literally into the daily squabbles of the ORC. If anyone wants to expand this, go right ahead and don't be afraid to make Rias smother Ranma with affection because of his girl form looking like a younger Rias. Also NO ISSEI BECAUSE FUCK HIM HE IS HAPPOSAI'S DISCIPLE

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs