Kiai school of anything-goes martial arts

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Kiai school of anything-goes martial arts

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:39 pm

frice2000 wrote:There's a lot that could be made of this other then 'Ranma in a girly profession and grows to enjoy being a girl' is all.

Don't assume all of my ideas have this element. XD

This one I'd merely envisioned as a misadventure while trying to beat someone at their own game. Cue fish out of water, biting off more than one can chew, and then bittersweet victory (like when he beat Picolet, but still owed him money in the end).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 pm

what do you think of this style
http://ranmafanon.wikia.com/wiki/Catego ... ts_Karaoke

also

Does his opponent have to be a woman because when I think of an evil idol and kiai I think of Kanade Kamiya from Rosario + Vampire who is a Siren. He uses using his songs to cause unbearable pain to all who hear it, as well as allegedly having songs for brainwashing.

This seems to be what this style is based off of as they use Otonashi for the defensive version. San Otonashi is a Siren who decided to not talk because of what her powers did when she was younger, using a sketchbook to communicate. She could be the one to train Ranma.

San also reminds me of Eucliwood from Is this a zombie as she also doesn’t speak because of her powers writing words on a notepad to communicate. Using these characters or at least characters based off of them might be a good idea.

Finally would the Yamasenken help as you theoretically say that opening shout is at least based on kiai sense its supposed to be a paralyzing scream due to surprise.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 am

Finally would the Yamasenken help as you theoretically say that opening shout is at least based on kiai sense its supposed to be a paralyzing scream due to surprise.

As far as i read it, it's just supposed to be something distracting rather than kiaijutsu. Ie. a psychological attack rather than physical.

And kiaijutsu isn't just based on surprise, that's basically the amateur level.
Above that is when you get proficient in projecting your voice, at that point you're basically mimicking the sound part of a flashbang, which is enough to physically stun people for a moment.
Then at the top of the skill, there's the point where you learn how to project the shout as a shockwave of noise. At that point, the stun effect can be serious, able to knock people out, cause minor impact damage and seriously harm or even kill small animals.

(caution, kiaijutsu is NOT safe to practice, even a slight mistake can injure your throat quite badly)
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am

One reason for a Sailor Moon crossover: Sailor Stars. The three Starlights are boy idols who change into girl supers. Does this not sound like a situation Ranma-idol could be in? (Obviously, we're talking anime rather than manga here.)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Vocaloid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:21 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:One reason for a Sailor Moon crossover: Sailor Stars. The three Starlights are boy idols who change into girl supers. Does this not sound like a situation Ranma-idol could be in? (Obviously, we're talking anime rather than manga here.)

Wasn't there a SM/R1/2 fanfic where ranma and the lights got tangled up together looking for the lost princess?
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:22 am

Vocaloid wrote:Wasn't there a SM/R1/2 fanfic where ranma and the lights got tangled up together looking for the lost princess?

Several i believe. It's a long time since, but IIRC i've read 3. In one Ranma WAS the princess somehow(which made him being part of looking for her kinda amusing and difficult).
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes