What if… — Idea inklings

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: What if… — Idea inklings

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Has to have been done by someone competent before, but… (SW/BtVS)

D. Vader: “I find your lack of faith… disturbing.”
Ms. Lehane: “What am I, then? Minced natto?”
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Has to have been done by someone competent before, but… (SW/BtVS)

D. Vader: “I find your lack of faith… disturbing.”
Ms. Lehane: “What am I, then? Minced natto?”

*groans all around*

:P

And no, i´ve certainly not seen it done yet...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Usagi+Mamoru I have no problems with. But who might be there for a lost and abandoned Serena Tsukino that falls from a PGSM-verse into a BSSM-verse? An adrift Ranma? A Ronin Warrior? Dunno.

Edit: What if the guy had to deal with an English-speaking Serena and a Cantonese-speaking Sash? (Sash is another Usagi analogue, from the same area as Shampoo.)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:11 pm

HP: The Power He Knows Not… was the kinetic energy of a Nokia 3310 thrown at Mach 1.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:50 am

Té Rowan wrote:HP: The Power He Knows Not… was the kinetic energy of a Nokia 3310 thrown at Mach 1.

:mrgreen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_throwing

:P
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon May 22, 2017 5:02 pm

R½: The fiancées have got so caught up in the fighting that they have plain forgot about the loving. So what can a Ranma do? Welll… one might find that the Lady-killer Band-aid still exists and just might sneak it onto Ryoga/Mousse/Taro after dosing it with one drop of Locking Water… strictly for SCIENCE! and most emphatically not to land said fiancées onto Dear Whoever. Nope. Not at all. Nope, nope, nope, so-much-nope.

And the Locking Water? Let’s just say that Ranma managed to wring a small dose from his clothes after Herb splashed him with it, and that he… uh… hypothe-something that a drop just might lock the Band-aid’s effect to The Victim. Oh, and allow him (Ranma) to saunter away from this mess. Heh.

PS: Or, he might find an extra packet of Lady-killer Band-aids and go for a hat-trick. Again, just for SCIENCE!

PPS: To really stir up the pot, slip them onto Soun and Genma, too, only without the drop of Locking Water. Hey, it’s SCIENCE! so you gotta have something old to compare the new to. Right?
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Pata Hikari » Wed May 24, 2017 7:00 pm

What would the Locking Ladle do to those magic band-aids? The pail is specifically for effecting Jusenkyo curses.

Also what would putting those magic bandaids from that filler episode on Ryoga and Mousse even do? It wouldn't make them more appealing to any of the girls. Mousse would act literally no different, except maybe more pushy which would just result in Shampoo hitting him harder.

Like, OK, trying to set up Mousse with Shampoo would be something Ranma would do, but why would he do anything with Ryoga? I'm assuming you're putting this idea before Akari, so who would he try and set Ryoga up with? Ukyo? Kodachi?

And even then, how would putting magic bandaids that make them hit on every girl they see make them somehow appealing to said girls?
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Postby Té Rowan » Thu May 25, 2017 8:01 am

It is a very simple idea. If it can lock one thing, maybe it can lock other things, too. So, try it out. If it works, cool. If it doesn’t… oh, well; back to the ol’ drawing board.

And if it happens to lock the band-aid’s magic to the individual, even after the band-aid itself is gone? Try and imagine them putting the moves on the female half of Nerima.

Will it make them more appealing to the femmes? Who cares? Pull out that list of hoary old pick-up lines that won’t work on anyone with a skerrick of sense and run with it. Allow Ranma to watch the chaos from outside for once, consarnit!
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue May 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Very bad idea to make for a harry potter story.

Harry Pothead, raised by members of the greatfull dead band, the only wizard band to crossover with muggles and openly use magic in thier stage shows, with all the drugs being done, no would notice the magic and just think its a drug trip. He comes to hogworts and instead of making potions, he does the same thing with weed and really drives snape nuts along many others, instead of a wand, he pulls out a fendercaster to play instead ofvnormal magic its music based instead. I know an 11 year drug user and stuff makes for a very crack fic.....among other drugs....

As I said, very bad idea but has some funny things to make the idea work.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:08 am

ckosacranoid wrote:Very bad idea to make for a harry potter story.

Harry Pothead, raised by members of the greatfull dead band, the only wizard band to crossover with muggles and openly use magic in thier stage shows, with all the drugs being done, no would notice the magic and just think its a drug trip. He comes to hogworts and instead of making potions, he does the same thing with weed and really drives snape nuts along many others, instead of a wand, he pulls out a fendercaster to play instead ofvnormal magic its music based instead. I know an 11 year drug user and stuff makes for a very crack fic.....among other drugs....

As I said, very bad idea but has some funny things to make the idea work.

Probably terrible for any sort of normal fic, but definitely viable and potentially funny if there's enough crack, of the right sort. :P
You might also be able to turn it into one helluva darkfic with twists(the poor child runaway from evil family etc.)... :twisted:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed May 31, 2017 8:46 am

A Fendercaster wouldn't work in Hogwarts - no electricity. Give him a Dobro.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed May 31, 2017 12:01 pm

There are many kinds of magic-users besides witches and wizards - consider druids, medicine men, and shamans. Medicine men and shamans often use drugs. Suppose the Grateful Dead were shamanic magic-users instead of the wizard kind.

And that could bring up Jefferson Airplane, and the Doors. But don't bring up the Doors - we don't need no Lizard Kings around here.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:10 pm

The right kind of crack… and plenty of Longbottom Leaf. Oh, a dobro is nice, not least in the hands of Mark Knopfler, another Brit.

There are so many good bands to draw on for a rock music-inspired story… Aerosmith. Deep Purple. ELP. Focus. Iron Maiden. Jethro Tull. Saxon. Uriah Heep. ZZ Top.

As far as I am concerned, the Stratocaster is the guitar. Would be cool, though, to see Harry go for the Dark Royal-hued Lord’s Instrument of immortality.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Ranma/SM — Trying to imagine the following as an ER (Emergency Room) / A&E (Accident and Emergency dept) team:

Doctor Ami Mizuno
Nurse Minako Aino
Nurse Ranma Saotome
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:18 am

Té Rowan wrote:Ranma/SM — Trying to imagine the following as an ER (Emergency Room) / A&E (Accident and Emergency dept) team:

Doctor Ami Mizuno
Nurse Minako Aino
Nurse Ranma Saotome

:D

Poor patients, with only the doc "sane". It's definitely a fun idea.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs