Ranma/Slayers fics?

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma/Slayers fics?

Postby Darkbane848 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:58 am

I've been on a Slayers binge recently (both watching the anime and reading the light novels) and this made me wonder if anyone know of any good Ranma/Slayers fics?

I know there used to be at least a couple of good ones back in the days, but I have no idea what currently exists nor where to find it. I checked FF.net, but the Ranma/Slayers category there only had six stories, none of which seemed all that interesting.

So, anyone know of any good stories in this category?
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Re: Ranma/Slayers fics?

Postby Spica75 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:52 am

I checked FF.net, but the Ranma/Slayers category there only had six stories, none of which seemed all that interesting.

There´s more there, but they´re not listed under crossover categories.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:16 am

If you possibly can, find Redheads by Kenko (Robert Haynie). (He considers it "the second in the Girl Days cycle".) Even though it's incomplete (I only have four chapters) it's great fun. Kenko, after all! The version I have is dated 1999.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:58 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:If you possibly can, find Redheads by Kenko (Robert Haynie). (He considers it "the second in the Girl Days cycle".) Even though it's incomplete (I only have four chapters) it's great fun. Kenko, after all! The version I have is dated 1999.

I have two different versions of chapter 3. One is the revised version.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:07 pm

I only have three and a teaser for the fourth. But, yeah, Kenko. So no reading it if you have post-surgery stitches, and swallow your drink before reading anything. Otherwise you risk ruining whatever you are reading the story on.

If you can handle gzip: http://archives.eyrie.org/anime/Ranma/r ... edheads.gz
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Darkbane848 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:26 pm

Heh. Redheads was definitely a good read yes. Thanks for the rec and link. Just too bad that chapter four doesn't seem to exist on the net anywhere. Or at least I wasn't able to find it.

So, any other good stories to recommend anyone?
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:33 pm

Darkbane848 wrote:Heh. Redheads was definitely a good read yes. Thanks for the rec and link. Just too bad that chapter four doesn't seem to exist on the net anywhere. Or at least I wasn't able to find it.

So, any other good stories to recommend anyone?

My chapter 4 is just a teaser.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:27 am

I think all of Redheads was posted on FFML, so there is a chance the Sanjiyan archive will have it.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Darkbane848 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Té Rowan wrote:I think all of Redheads was posted on FFML, so there is a chance the Sanjiyan archive will have it.

Heh, I'd actually already checked that site once, without finding chapter four, but thanks to your post I decided to check again, and a bit more thoroughly this time. And this time, I actually managed to find the chapter four teaser.

Here's the link if anyone else wants it:
https://www.sanjiyan.co.uk/showthread.php?t=96196

Oh, and I also discovered a draft of Paragon chapter five and an unfinished chapter 18 of girl days, both of which was missing from my own local archive (as was all of redheads actually), so thanks for that.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:23 am

Since not seeing all that many stories being mentioned in this thread... figured would dump my own list in. Slayers and Ranma crossovers is a old crossover combination, most have been abandoned for a long long time. And since it is such a old category, most predate the introduction of the FF.NET multi-crossover category system. Some even predate the introduction of the multi-chapter system, thus each chapter is its own link.

Some of the below are no longer available, but here is what I currently have that I know has more than a mere mention of Lina or Ranma in them...

RANMA-MULTI 'Eezoon' by Nabeshin Danbei Ayanami - [Dld Date=07/25/2011] - [Dld Size=249kb] - [Dld File Cnt=6] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-MULTI 'Grand Tour' by DrunkenGrognard - [Dld Date=07/15/2009] - [Dld Size=657kb] - [Dld File Cnt=21] - [Dld Status=Complete]
  • - [MD Source=FF.NET] - [MD Category=Ranma] - [MD Rating=T] - [MD Word Cnt=119993]
  • - [MD Summary= A crossover fic. Ryoga's curse of 'lost' threatens the fabric of the multiverse itself. The USS Voyager is swept up in his wake of chaos. The TSAB steps in to clean up the mess recruiting Ranma to aid them but it may already be too late to catch him...]
  • - [Direct URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4869171/1/
  • - [Author1 URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1677919/
RANMA-MULTI 'Just won't die' by Jeffrey OneShot Wong - [Dld Date=05/31/2006] - [Dld Size=14776kb] - [Dld File Cnt=33] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-MULTI 'Perfect Chaos' by Montymouse - [Dld Date=06/21/2007] - [Dld Size=406kb] - [Dld File Cnt=9] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-MULTI 'Soul's Destiny, Blood's Inheritance' by kokatsu na tenshi - [Dld Date=11/02/2004] - [Dld Size=520kb] - [Dld File Cnt=17] - [Dld Status=Complete]
RANMA-SLYR 'Dragon's Bond' by Morden Night - [Dld Date=02/26/2004] - [Dld Size=829kb] - [Dld File Cnt=9] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Leaving, chapter 1 Chance encounters' by Kuraiko Kurohoshi - [Dld Date=04/19/2000] - [Dld Size=38kb] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Leaving, chapter 2 A new life' by Kuraiko Kurohoshi - [Dld Date=04/19/2000] - [Dld Size=48kb] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Leaving, chapter 3 The hunt for Ranma' by Kuraiko Kurohoshi - [Dld Date=04/19/2000] - [Dld Size=40kb] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Leaving, chapter 4 Open lines of communication' by Kuraiko Kurohoshi - [Dld Date=04/19/2000] - [Dld Size=58kb] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Leaving, chapter 5 Promblems, part 1 Mighty Past' by Kuraiko Kurohoshi - [Dld Date=08/08/2000] - [Dld Size=54kb] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Leaving, Prologue' by Kuraiko Kurohoshi - [Dld Date=04/18/2000] - [Dld Size=9kb] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Old Soul' by Francis Bourque - [Dld Date=12/31/2000] - [Dld Size=202kb] - [Dld File Cnt=6] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Ranko Inverse' by Ghent Johanson - [Dld Date=12/18/2003] - [Dld Size=24kb] - [Dld File Cnt=3] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Ranma Inverse' by Lina Metallium - [Dld Date=05/22/2003] - [Dld Size=135kb] - [Dld File Cnt=10] - [Dld Status=Unknown]
  • - [Direct URL] No known valid link
RANMA-SLYR 'Ranma Mazoku Factor' by ContraBardus - [Dld Date=08/25/2008] - [Dld Size=389kb] - [Dld File Cnt=9] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Ranmazoku' by RedMenace - [Dld Date=09/02/2004] - [Dld Size=484kb] - [Dld File Cnt=8] - [Dld Status=Complete]RANMA-SLYR 'Redheads' by Kenko - [Dld Date=05/14/2010] - [Dld Size=94kb] - [Dld File Cnt=4] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Slayers What!' by Vahn - [Dld Date=09/02/2000] - [Dld Size=21kb] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
  • - [MD Source=FF.NET] - [MD Rating=K] - [MD Word Cnt=3863]
  • - [MD Summary= A mysterious group of figures are stalking Lina Inverse Gourry Gabriev and the rest of the Slayers. Who are they and what do they want? And what are the Sailor Senshi and the Nerima Wrecking crew doing int he Slayers Universe! Tune in and find out! DISCONTINUED 9-11-13 Ending outline at the end of chapter.]
  • - [Direct URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/s/67794/1/
  • - [Author1 URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/u/14950/
RANMA-SLYR 'Soul Mates' by Driver Jim Ohki - [Dld Date=10/21/2004] - [Dld Size=27kb] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'The Long Road to Redemption' by ss4-link - [Dld Date=07/31/2008] - [Dld Size=28kb] - [Dld File Cnt=3] - [Dld Status=Inactive - Preview]RANMA-SLYR 'The Slayers Wild' by Troy Thomas - [Dld Date=11/27/2002] - [Dld Size=108kb] - [Dld File Cnt=5] - [Dld Status=Inactive]RANMA-SLYR 'Totally Inversed' by Michael The-Zorch Haney - [Dld Date=10/23/2007] - [Dld Size=42kb] - [Dld Status=Inactive - Preview]RANMA-SLYR 'When Past and Presant Collide' by Laina Inverse - [Dld Date=04/20/2005] - [Dld Size=80kb] - [Dld File Cnt=7] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
  • - [MD Source=FF.NET] - [MD Category=Anime X-overs] - [MD Rating=T] - [MD Word Cnt=15865]
  • - [MD Summary= Three girls must set out to save the world from one evil person. They are joined by their soulmates and friends in the fight but will they come out on top? SlayersRanma crossover Alternate universe DEAD]
  • - [Invalid URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1688454/1/
  • - [Author1 URL] https://www.fanfiction.net/u/243424/

EDIT:

There was a older version of 'When Past and Presant Collide', which I think was 22+ chapters... but that was abandoned and rewritten into the above, which in turn was also abandoned...

I also have the 4th chapter of Redheads, the same preview chapter others have already mentioned, so did not bother listing it separately,but my copy came from the now abandoned FFML search engine... it is dated 1/7/2000. Thing is, I never overly cared for Redheads, Shrugs, just never appealed.

There is also the below, but the below was part of a mistaken update by the author that he later removed, and to my knowledge was never re-released on the public site he has:

RANMA-MULTI 'Breaking Chains - 5 Unbreakable Chains 2' by TheGrum - [Dld Date=07/11/2007] - [Dld Size=404kb] - [Dld File Cnt=2] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
Also, not Ranma related, but there was at least one good short Love Hina crossover where Keitaro was raised by Xellos... and took place during the burning blades arc.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search