So About that Pokemon Go...

Talk about Video and Tabletop Games here.

So About that Pokemon Go...

Postby LunaInverse » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:32 pm

POKEMON GO!!

So I finally got the time to watch the entirety of the press conference and I am super exited.

Thoughts, comments, hopes, and dreams?
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Re: So About that Pokemon Go...

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:09 am

It can only lead to people getting in trouble and danger.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Hold on, I'm curious. What's all this, now? :?
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:46 am

Because I'm being lazy at the moment, here's a Wikipedia explanation I've barely read. :mrgreen:
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:39 pm

For phones! Of course! ...That explains why I hadn't heard about it. :|
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby LunaInverse » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:57 pm

LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:19 pm

Strangely, I'd consider that very much in character for one of my RP mains. :lol:

But in all seriousness, I don't own anything akin to a smartphone (well... I do, actually, but I lost track of it several years ago and I have no desire to try and find it... not like I ever used it, anyway). Stuff for it thus never attracts my attention.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:35 am

*lol* @ comic...

But in all seriousness, I don't own anything akin to a smartphone (well... I do, actually, but I lost track of it several years ago and I have no desire to try and find it... not like I ever used it, anyway).

Bought my only ever mobile in 2005, a model made to be good for playing music so i could use it for MP3s, but aside from that, it´s totally basic, because there´s really no good reason to have a lot of the "bling" that is standard today.
Just a good way to stress up, and i´m certainly never going to be like my cousin was for a while, keeping up SMS exchanges even through the middle of the night, with the phone next to her when she slept so that she would wake if she got any messages... Fortunately, she quickly got older and wiser.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:58 am

I hadn't planned on getting a smartphone -- but I ended up getting (an inexpensive) one. It comes with Kindle already installed. With that, plus Fanfiction Downloader, I have loads of fanfic available wherever I go. And I hear it makes phone calls too.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby LunaInverse » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:23 pm

The thought of not having a smart phone makes me sad. Smart phones are so much fun, also I do a lot of commission based dev work so I kinda need one for work. Went to school for IT and everything, yet oddly I very much hate computers, if everything went back to books and somehow fan fiction could be distributed easy I wouldn't care if computers disappeared.
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Maevefaye wrote:The thought of not having a smart phone makes me sad. Smart phones are so much fun, also I do a lot of commission based dev work so I kinda need one for work. Went to school for IT and everything, yet oddly I very much hate computers, if everything went back to books and somehow fan fiction could be distributed easy I wouldn't care if computers disappeared.

I was a fan back in the days of paper fanzines. There was very little fan fiction around in those days, and what you got depended mostly on luck. I wrote maybe half a dozen fanfics back in the Sixties. Today, I have a larger presence -- which is minuscule compared to the great sea that is FFnet and the rest of the Web.

Trust me. You don't want to go back to the days before computers and the Web. Computers make it easier to write and edit, and where even the great fanzines of old had limited print runs of maybe a hundred -- a thousand, for a very few, now everybody can get all of the stories.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby LunaInverse » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Im more thinking if there was like a magical way of sharing fanfics. I would love to be able to say "Ranma Fanficion I havnt read" and Have a list appear in front of me. thinking about an internet without trolls.
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Trust me. You don't want to go back to the days before computers and the Web. Computers make it easier to write and edit, and where even the great fanzines of old had limited print runs of maybe a hundred -- a thousand, for a very few, now everybody can get all of the stories.

Actually, I think I was happier before I first discovered CompuServe and AOL in 1995. :? Sure, Web accessibility is great, but it brings its own problems that I'd rather not deal with.

As long as I've been alive, though (since 1984), I think we've always had a computer in the house. :) Aside from the occasional power outage or grounding, I've never experienced life without them.

Im more thinking if there was like a magical way of sharing fanfics. I would love to be able to say "Ranma Fanficion I havnt read" and Have a list appear in front of me. thinking about an internet without trolls.

Of course, the way it was phrased, that "magical way" would include thousands upon thousands of Ranma fanfics that are of abysmal quality, but that you haven't read. So, one could say that method would be a troll unto itself. >^_^<
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:55 pm

CRBWildcat wrote:Actually, I think I was happier before I first discovered CompuServe and AOL in 1995. :? Sure, Web accessibility is great, but it brings its own problems that I'd rather not deal with.

I was using Fidonet, which traveled from computer to computer by telephone wire. Compuserve and AOL were okay, but a lot slower -- they were trying to be fancy, which used more bandwidth.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:20 pm

FidoNet, huh? Sounds neat, from what I hear. Reason I used the others was just because that's what my dad was using at the time, so I figure that would've been true for that as well.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Next

Return to Games