GenderSwap follow-up

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Re: GenderSwap follow-up

Postby LunaInverse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:45 pm

It was completely removed off of every website imaginable, the author was very thorough.
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Maevefaye wrote:It was completely removed off of every website imaginable, the author was very thorough.

Wayback machine should work on tth?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Maevefaye wrote:It was completely removed off of every website imaginable, the author was very thorough.

I did mention that I have about 650 kB of this particular story. If people are fussed to get it, just send me a PM with an address to send it to.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:I did mention that I have about 650 kB of this particular story. If people are fussed to get it, just send me a PM with an address to send it to.

Thank you.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Bit-rot and link-rot are a fact of life; so are authors removing all their stories from the net. If I have read something, it is on my computer. That currently adds up to 1.92 GB. It's also backed up. You can fit the average paperback novel into less than a megabyte.

If I really like a fanfic, I make it into a hardcover book using archival materials. I keep a copy, and send a copy to the author. (If anybody happens to be in touch with Metroanime or Contrabardus, I have books for them.)

I don't approve of link-rot.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby wildeman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:25 pm

That's, wow.
wildeman
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:52 pm

wildeman wrote:That's, wow.

Nah. That's fun.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:33 am

Nah. That's fun.

That too, but it´s VERY impressive above all.

Bit-rot and link-rot are a fact of life; so are authors removing all their stories from the net. If I have read something, it is on my computer. That currently adds up to 1.92 GB. It's also backed up. You can fit the average paperback novel into less than a megabyte.

Yeah, i really should do that as well, but, :|
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:42 am

Spica75 wrote:Yeah, i really should do that as well, but, :|

It's not hard. Two gigabytes is nothing these days, so storage is not a problem. It's even easier if you only save completed stories; Fanfiction Downloader is your FRIEND. It gives you a neatened version of the story in quite a choice of formats. I use .mobi because it's native to Kindle.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby rogue7 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:It's not hard. Two gigabytes is nothing these days, so storage is not a problem. It's even easier if you only save completed stories; Fanfiction Downloader is your FRIEND. It gives you a neatened version of the story in quite a choice of formats. I use .mobi because it's native to Kindle.

I'll agree with you on Fanfiction Downloader, it's great and they're working on a way to track the in progress stories as well. Personally I'm up to 3.6Gb, though I use rtf files for my eReader
rogue7
Senshi Cadet

Postby Talah » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:54 pm

Harry Potter and the Chromosonal Potion

This is one of my favorite stories that matches what happened to Ranma, but in a different setting. Its unfortunate it wasn't completed.
Talah
Senshi Candidate

Postby slickrcbd » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:30 pm

If we're talking Harry Potter...
I liked Effects and Side Effects by Phoenix Dawn better.
Effects and Side Effects
By: Pheonix Dawn
Voldemort didn't like what happened at the Department of Mysteries and viewed the connection as a liability he could no longer afford. The steps he took changed Harry's life forever, and set him on the path to victory. Fem Harry. Harry.Multi.
Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure/Romance - Harry P. - Chapters: 34 - Words: 426,637 - Reviews: 1,774 - Favs: 3,262 - Follows: 3,661 - Updated: Feb 10, 2014 - Published: Oct 20, 2008 - id: 4606270

Jamie Evans and Fate's Fool by The Mad Mad Reviewer was good too.
Jamie Evans and Fate's Fool
By: The Mad Mad Reviewer
Harry Potter stepped back in time with enough plans to deal with just about everything fate could throw at him. He forgot one problem: He's fate's chewtoy. Mentions of rape, sex, unholy vengeance, and venomous squirrels. Reposted after takedown!
Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure/Family - [Harry P., N. Tonks] - Chapters: 12 - Words: 77,208 - Reviews: 364 - Favs: 1,833 - Follows: 597 - Published: Jun 2, 2012 - Status: Complete - id: 8175132

Cloud Dreamer had an unfinished fic that crosses "The Virus" with Harry Potter. Cloud Dreamer has a bunch of transgender stories however.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2569549/1/Wandless-Magic
Wandless Magic
By: Cloud-Dreamer
A magical virus from Japan is sweeping the world. The gender changing virus overrides past magics such as memory charms and muggles are angry, witches become chalvinistic and wizards experience wandless magic.
Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Humor/Romance - Harry P., Ginny W. - Chapters: 6 - Words: 25,274 - Reviews: 111 - Favs: 178 - Follows: 171 - Updated: Oct 13, 2007 - Published: Sep 6, 2005 - id: 2569549
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Dear Lord! Another case of Xander as Sailor Jupiter! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1734569/1/Sailor-Buffy
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:20 am

Té Rowan wrote:Dear Lord! Another case of Xander as Sailor Jupiter! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1734569/1/Sailor-Buffy

:mrgreen:

I wont call it great, but it´s definitely FUNNY. Just wish it had been continued.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Search