Lupin the 4th

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Lupin the 4th

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:28 pm

I've had this idea for years and I absolutely needed to bring it to paper, if only to get it out of my system. This is the first draft and I'll probably make some small changes to the final version. Not checked for mistakes yet, so there will probably be a few.

Prologue

A traditionally garbed woman in her late thirties or early forties walked calmly through the streets of Nerima. She was wearing a simple but well-maintained blue kimono held together by a brown obi belt and geta on her feet. A lot of men stared appreciatively at the lovely woman, but their eyes would be inevitably drawn to the long, slim package she was carrying in her arms. Although the item it contained was almost completely hidden from view, the string keeping the top of the package closed had come undone and the tip of the handle of a katana was peeking out of the opening. That fact alone was reason enough for the passersby to give the distinguished lady a wide berth, but the few who had taken the time to take a closer look at her face were running away in fear.

The lady in question, one Nodoka Saotome, was angry. No, she was beyond angry. She was pissed; and her hate filled eyes easily gave away her current state of mind. If there were even a grain of truth in the expression ‘if looks could kill’, she would probably already have murdered half of the people in the street.

There were a few things in life that she hated about everything else, one of which was being taken for a fool. To think that Genma and her son had been had been staying at the Tendo Dojo all this time under the guise of ‘Ranko Tendo’ and her pet panda…

A dangerous glint appeared in her eyes as she squeezed the bundle tighter. Someone was going to pay, and it wouldn’t be her son. Knowing Genma’s habits and shortcomings quite well she was certain that he was the instigator of this whole travesty. Only one way to find out, and if she didn’t like the answers she would get, well…

She stopped abruptly. Her mind may have been occupied with devising various torture methods to use against a certain cursed individual, but her danger sense was very well developed and was ringing like crazy. She backtracked mentally and blanched. ‘No, that’s not possible’, she shook her head. ‘Why would he be here? That makes no sense’. Yet, her mind couldn’t let go of that idea and just to be sure that she’d really just imagined it she turned back and carefully looked around the corner.

She blanched; all her earlier confidence and anger gone, as despair was slowly setting in. The chin curtain beard, the way the cigarette was dangling from his mouth, the confidence in his posture and his most distinguishing feature, the broad-brimmed, black-banded fedora hat… it WAS him.

She pressed her back tightly to the wall, hoping that he hadn’t seen her and her mind went into overdrive. Why was he here and why now? It’s been more than 17 years. Could they have been looking for her for all these years?

She quickly dismissed those thoughts, however. 17 years were a long time after all. Why would he be searching for her at this particular place? If he knew where she lived he’d simply wait for her at her home. He was probably in Nerima for a job. The place seemed to attract troublemakers after all.

She turned around and inconspicuously walked away, giving nothing away of her inner turmoil. After all, the easiest way to be noticed is to act as if one had something to hide. She tried to put the encounter out of her mind by returning to her earlier thoughts about to how to best deal with the situation her son was in.

However, even if she had calmed down and dismissed the encounter from her mind, her senses were still in overdrive after the unwelcome experience and immediately picked up the soft rustling of cloth coming from above, followed by a dull thud that she easily identified as someone roofhopping. It had become so common place ever since her son had come to live with the Tendos that the residents didn’t even bat an eye any longer at the superhuman feat. Although she probably wasn’t in any kind of danger her senses had rarely steered her wrong and so she looked up to see which of her son’s acquaintances it might be… and froze up on the spot.

She had only caught a glimpse of the retreating figure, but had immediately recognized the man. The unruly, long black hair and severe face as well as his usual blue kimono and hakama were rather distinctive, but it was the sword at his side that made it impossible to mistake the samurai for someone else.

Her earlier fears had come back with a vengeance. Seeing one of them around could have been a coincidence, but two… now that could hardly be called a coincidence. But how did they find her? She had covered her traces so well that it should have been impossible for anyone to find her.

She was about to panic when her rational mind kicked back in again and helped her recover her wits. Thinking calmly about her predicament she shook her head at how stupid she had been. Of course, he would be there. The two often worked together on jobs, so it would make sense to see both of them together if they were working. It probably had nothing to do with her. He secret was safe; she had made sure no one would ever be able to find her. If they knew where she was they would have already confronted her. No, best to simply put all of this out of her mind and go back to her son and how she had been made a fool of by Genma and the Tendos. Her anger rose once again and she would not let anything get in the way of showing her displeasure to the whole lot; no matter how far she would have to go to get the truth out of them.

She was only a block away from the dojo when a suave voice from behind her made her almost faint in fear.

“Hello, Fujiko. Fancy meeting you here.”

That voice… she hadn’t heard it in over 17 years, but she could never forget it. She sagged to the floor in resignation. It was over. He had found her. She would never be able to enjoy the simple life alone with her son now that she had finally found out where he had been these last years. And all because of this man who couldn’t leave her alone.

But no, she wouldn’t give up. She wouldn’t give that bastard the satisfaction. She had finally found her son and she would fight for him and for their future free from her sordid past.

She got up again and turned around staring angrily at the smiling man in his late forties. “What do you want, Lupin?”
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Lupin the 4th

Postby kazenoryu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:06 pm

Hmm... something new, I guess.

Judging from the title and the contents I think it won't be too large a jump to say that Ranma is Lupin's son?

Though I never watched Lupin the 3rd before, the presentation seems interesting enough that I would like to see some more of this. However the lack of background knowledge makes some parts confusing for me.
kazenoryu
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:34 pm

The next chapter will be one long flashback explaining the whole backstory.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:56 am

She sagged to the floor in resignation.

She is outdoors, on either street or sidewalk. Try "She sagged in resignation."
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:16 am

Heh. You're right. Thanks for catching that one.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:33 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:She is outdoors, on either street or sidewalk. Try "She sagged in resignation."

Or "...sagged down...".
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:37 am

I love the idea of Ranma as a thief.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:09 am

Blackcat101 wrote:I love the idea of Ranma as a thief.

That would be an interesting departure from fanon. Usually, he detests Genma's thieving ways, but if he learned from them instead ...
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:32 pm

Well, he'll be very reluctant of joining Lupin. Will he embrace the life of crime? No one knows. Well, I do, but I won't tell. Ain't I a stinker? :-)

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Lupin has always been portrayed as a kind of anti hero/good guy like Mouse is...((anyone remember this...))
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:42 pm

Vocaloid wrote:Lupin has always been portrayed as a kind of anti hero/good guy like Mouse is...((anyone remember this...))

Not always, some depictions of him were of a coldblooded killer and a jerkass, but mostly early in his career.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:35 pm

So, did you ever decide to write moe of this?
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 am

Yes, but it isn't done yet.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C