Homo Superior 11 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Homo Superior 11 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:19 pm

But for this fic, I decided not to show any other point of view otherwise it would get too bloated with me going one step forward and two step back. Ranma is the protagonist and the world of marvel and Ranma is the antagonist.

I tend to have events focused around the protagonist, myself. For me, at least, it makes pacing and progress more manageable. The last thing I want is to get bogged down writing other perspectives (especially if they coincide with another's), particularly if it ends up being more out of obligation than necessity.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:44 pm

if she had death/rebirth cycles and ends up being dotted on by Ranma unintentionally even with the war she might be a bit sheltered. it could affect her mind after all Usagi tends to be a tad out of it at times even after all she had seen and done.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:09 pm

Because neither of those things happen in the manga?

They are as much as 220 in manga. Per Ranma Wiki

Cologne:

Roughly 118-220 (manga)
300-400 (anime)

Happosai

Roughly 118-220 (manga)
300-400 (anime)
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:00 pm

@ PC, Yep going for the Anime age version of Happi and Cologne. Along with the Akane from the Anime which someone REALLY had a problem with me doing in a sternly worded PM.

@WG, she doesn't have a Death a rebirth cycle, that is exclusive to Saffron. She's just the final child he had before his wife died. His wife is also Canon in the X-Men universe though not underneath that name. Just an easter egg for X-Men fans.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:07 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:They are as much as 220 in manga. Per Ranma Wiki

Neither of which is ever mentioned in the manga at having any ages in that range. So the wiki can get a nice little asterisk for being full of it.

As for your comment about using OC's vahn, that's just being lazy, and it's bad writing.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:23 pm

As for your comment about using OC's vahn, that's just being lazy, and it's bad writing.

That is how you feel but I respect it.

For me OC in general in existing works are of little to no use. That's just my personal philosophy. Naturally a new created story of original content you can make and build your OC to your heart content but over all. In the grand scheme of things, an OC should never ever share a spot light with main characters from existing works. They should be regulated to fodder for story and use in places that original source materials cannot bridge what the story needs. Of course I dislike OC in generals but I have no idea building up to respectable levels but regulating them to the back ground.

To me, it's bad writing to use an OCs as main protagonists ,co-stars or villain. I rather they be cameo and sometime featured but that's just me.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:13 pm

Well to be honest, I hate this Time Travel part, I just want it to be over and the story to move to something else, Days of Future Past only lasted two episodes in the cartoon, and as a comic it wasn't that long.If you want the OC to be a secondary chracter, fine, then at least don't make it so damn cliche.Also, even if it leads to an epic battle, you could have perfectly done an Epic battle without time travel or a boring OC. For example, why the Hell no one ever uses Ultron as the leader of the Sentinels? Before he went all about fusing man and machine it would make perfect sense for him to want to get rid of humans. Also he is the most advanced AI/Robot created on Earth, and keeps upgrading itself.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:28 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:Well to be honest, I hate this Time Travel part, I just want it to be over and the story to move to something else, Days of Future Past only lasted two episodes in the cartoon, and as a comic it wasn't that long.If you want the OC to be a secondary chracter, fine, then at least don't make it so damn cliche.Also, even if it leads to an epic battle, you could have perfectly done an Epic battle without time travel or a boring OC. For example, why the Hell no one ever uses Ultron as the leader of the Sentinels? Before he went all about fusing man and machine it would make perfect sense for him to want to get rid of humans. Also he is the most advanced AI/Robot created on Earth, and keeps upgrading itself.

It's cool, I for one love time travel and Days of the Future past was awesome for me, the movie was great too. I am sorry that you feel the OC is boring but others quite like her. Different strokes for different folks. :D
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby digitalzombie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:22 am

> Different strokes for different folks.

Totally loving the time traveling part also love the dodging of who Ranma going to be with.

I love sci fi and fantasy and time traveling is such a fascinating thing to play with and the possibilities in plot wise is just so awesome from my perspective.
digitalzombie
Senshi Candidate

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C