Coukd Ranma actually know the Yama Sen-Ken

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Coukd Ranma actually know the Yama Sen-Ken

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:47 pm

I just thought that with how easily and quickly ranma picked up the umi, that it would make sence that he could have done the same with the yama. Not only that but ranma also was given the scroll for the yama by Ryu. Even if he did destroy it I have a bit of a hard time believing that Ranma would just thow them away. Even if he DOES keep them sealed because they go against the nature of what he considers a martial artists duties. Those being To Protect, Not Kill. Just tell me your guyses thoughts on the matter.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Re: Coukd Ranma actually know the Yama Sen-Ken

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:13 pm

I don't see why not. He knows its principles. Especially since it wasn't hard for him to understand how the umisen-ken worked before he had gotten a glimpse at a part of the scroll concerning what it was all about.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Thatis what I was thinking too. And the fact that he didn't use them against safron is explained as him just not thinking of it. After all its not like ranma would use it enough to have it be one of the first things to come to mind right, and he didn't really have time to think on it during the battle seeing as he couldnt realky "fast break" in that fight lol.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:47 pm

HopeSeiketsu wrote:Thatis what I was thinking too. And the fact that he didn't use them against safron is explained as him just not thinking of it. After all its not like ranma would use it enough to have it be one of the first things to come to mind right, and he didn't really have time to think on it during the battle seeing as he couldnt realky "fast break" in that fight lol.

Ranma might know the basics behind it, but he never mastered it, also the technique is sealed and Ranma never practiced it. If you want Ranma using the tegnique, time skip at least a year from the end of the manga or have Ranma practicing it first.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:50 pm

HopeSeiketsu wrote:Thatis what I was thinking too. And the fact that he didn't use them against safron is explained as him just not thinking of it. After all its not like ranma would use it enough to have it be one of the first things to come to mind right, and he didn't really have time to think on it during the battle seeing as he couldnt realky "fast break" in that fight lol.

It may also be unsuitable for fighting Saffron.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 pm

Well, he regenerates, so not much would be. Even though he's weak to physical attacks and that's where the yamasen-ken specializes.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:33 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Well, he regenerates, so not much would be. Even though he's weak to physical attacks and that's where the yamasen-ken specializes.

True enough, and the fact that he doesn't have time to master the Yama and all of its... well deadlyness Is also true. Though I wouldn't say safron would be weak physically compared to NORMAL humans just the "subspecies" that is Nerimans lol.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:21 am

Spica75 wrote:It may also be unsuitable for fighting Saffron.

Which would likely be the best reason for it not to be used in that arc. Go back and actually read the fight, Ranma is simply not in a position to use a technique like the yama senken against Saffron and he already had a weapon that cut through anything and froze what it touched. The most distinctive part of the technique are the use of ranged vacuum blades that were avoided quite easily except at close range while Saffron kept at a distance.

As for general usage, why would he want to use it? It's not an unbeatable technique and he knows the superior one. (One which he arguably uses a lot since he's always sneaking up on people)

On top of it being pointlessly destructive as anything other than a way to break into a home, Ranma's also already shown to be able to cut objects with casual ease without it, so why bother?
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:06 am

Which would likely be the best reason for it not to be used in that arc. Go back and actually read the fight, Ranma is simply not in a position to use a technique like the yama senken against Saffron and he already had a weapon that cut through anything and froze what it touched.

Yeah that´s what i recalled...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Well creating vacuumms could theoretically snuff out saffrons flames. And the yama a
would be great for use against any truely evil opponents should any come about. But that is more fannons area lol. But yeah the yama would be great against demons and the like.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Well creating vacuumms could theoretically snuff out saffrons flames.

Only if the flames actually require oxygen. Otherwise they might just cause flaring of the flames.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Ranma