1/2 Mutant

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: 1/2 Mutant

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:29 pm

talonhunter wrote:The way I see it, the shin healing thing is only the tip of the useless gifts. Ranma-chans ability to include glitter skin, loving glow and makeup...^_~

Only if the fic is crack. But mutants cannot have more than three powers, and even then, they must be related somehow. Like Wolverine mutation is super healing, his claws and animal senses.

So Ranma would be super healing skin, perfect nails (Never broke a nail since his mutation activate) and the red hair while female. They are all "Cosmetic" mutations. Ranma also gets perfect hair as female, meaning it doesn't easily break, is easy to comb, doesn't get splinters and so on.

So, perfect red hair.

Super healing (skin only)

And nails that don't break easily.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:20 pm

But mutants cannot have more than three powers, and even then, they must be related somehow.

Is that really some kind of actual rule?

Like Wolverine mutation is super healing, his claws and animal senses.

Not my area really, but isn´t his claws something added rather than fully internal?

So Ranma would be super healing skin, perfect nails (Never broke a nail since his mutation activate) and the red hair while female. They are all "Cosmetic" mutations. Ranma also gets perfect hair as female, meaning it doesn't easily break, is easy to comb, doesn't get splinters and so on.

So, perfect red hair.

Super healing (skin only)

And nails that don't break easily.

:mrgreen:

Nails and hair both grow from that skin... So you COULD make all of those as one thing, ie its the skin producing those amazing nails and superior hair. And something like glitter skin could be a sideeffect of the super healing part. :wink:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Spica75 wrote:
Is that really some kind of actual rule?

Yes. Apocalypse has tons of powers cause he cheats using technology, while Rouge can have a lot of powers cause her ability is to steal other mutant powers and knowledge. and the being know as Mimic, who apparently can copy a lot of powers is not a mutant. While the heroic Mutant Mimic from the exiles is limited to five at once.

Spica75 wrote:Not my area really, but isn´t his claws something added rather than fully internal?

They are BONE claws covered in Adamantium, so is not something added, the Adamantium is.

Spica75 wrote:
:mrgreen:

Nails and hair both grow from that skin... So you COULD make all of those as one thing, ie its the skin producing those amazing nails and superior hair. And something like glitter skin could be a side-effect of the super healing part. :wink:

No glitter skin, unless the story is crack, besides glitter would go against the whole "perfect female looks" Ranma mutation seems to be about.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:20 pm

Only if the fic is crack. But mutants cannot have more than three powers, and even then, they must be related somehow. Like Wolverine mutation is super healing, his claws and animal senses.

Actually they have introduced secondary mutations now so they can have more then one mutation and variation of the same ability. You are right that most make sense that link up like, reading mind, then moving objects with your minds. Here a few example:

Emma Frost first mutation, telepathy, does not correspond with her second one which is to turn into movable diamond, which take away her telepathy and give her super strength and durability. That's kind of opposite ends. Exodus also have a myraid of ablity that is hax including super strength and telepathy.

Gambit: Mutation is mainly touching stuff and throwing it for kinetic for explosion but his secondary power is Hypnotic charm that he can't control. He can tell someone to go jump off a bridge and if it activate like Lelouch geass they would do it.

Angel: He can fly but then now his blood can also heal people

So you can actually pick and choose at your own discretion but i wouldn't use anymore then two, three is pushing it. :D
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Hair can be dangerous... look at Ryoko's (Tenchi Muyo) or Miko Midō's (La Blue Girl) hair attacks.

Ranma just needs to see the possibilities...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Vahn wrote:
Actually they have introduced secondary mutations now so they can have more then one mutation and variation of the same ability. You are right that most make sense that link up like, reading mind, then moving objects with your minds. Here a few example:

Emma Frost first mutation, telepathy, does not correspond with her second one which is to turn into movable diamond, which take away her telepathy and give her super strength and durability. That's kind of opposite ends. Exodus also have a myraid of ablity that is hax including super strength and telepathy.

Gambit: Mutation is mainly touching stuff and throwing it for kinetic for explosion but his secondary power is Hypnotic charm that he can't control. He can tell someone to go jump off a bridge and if it activate like Lelouch geass they would do it.

Angel: He can fly but then now his blood can also heal people

So you can actually pick and choose at your own discretion but i wouldn't use anymore then two, three is pushing it. :D

Well, in the case when is three they are all related (see Wolverine) Two can be different things.

Having Ranma have 3 useless mutant powers is funny.

Gambit doesn't really count because he was experimented on by Mister Sinister, so his geas ability is probably not natural, so it somewhat counts as the same cheating Apocalypse does.

Angel was also experimented on, by Apocalypse, so is also cheating.

Emma Frost second mutation was gained later in life, and second mutations can be completely different.

So perfect hair, hard to break nails and healing skin sounds good for Ranma and as pointed out, they are all related.

PCHeintz72 wrote:Hair can be dangerous... look at Ryoko's (Tenchi Muyo) or Miko Midō's (La Blue Girl) hair attacks.

Ranma just needs to see the possibilities...

The whole point is that Ranma Mutant powers are useless for anything but making his female form look good. Ranma other abilities is what makes him dangerous.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Dear Lord! Ranma’s gunna get mistook for a sparklepire!
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Dear Lord! Ranma’s gunna get mistook for a sparklepire!

I hope the author doesn't go that rute, having nails that do'nt break and perfect hair and skin is hilarous enough since it makes Ranma female form me beautiful. If you want Ranma to sparkle, make him a magical girl.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:59 pm

The whole point is that Ranma Mutant powers are useless for anything but making his female form look good. Ranma other abilities is what makes him dangerous.

I understood that. I was half joking.

Only half, because this is ranma, if motivated enough, he could make anything dangerous.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:41 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Only half, because this is ranma, if motivated enough, he could make anything dangerous.

Ranma actually did use growing hair as a weapon in the Anime, but as as a mutant he has perfect hair, is harder to break, so it can't be used the same way. Also, even if he breaks it, his hair might regenerate. So even if he magicaly gets the power to grow or shrink his hair, his hair durability makes it hard to use his hair as a weapon.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:44 pm

True, he did. but that is a rather crude method.

The original thought I was thinking when making the post was him somehow learning to specifically use it like Ryoko or Miko use it, aka as launch-able ultra thin short range spikes. Also, at least for Ryoko, they are overcharged with energy to blow up upon contact.

To use it like them, the hair being harder or more durable is actually a plus.

That would definitely make it a dangerous power.

Obviously, since it does not fit for your idea, it would not come to pass... but it is a interesting concept, and I *could* picture Ranma trying to do something like this to turn it into a useful ability.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:19 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:True, he did. but that is a rather crude method.

The original thought I was thinking when making the post was him somehow learning to specifically use it like Ryoko or Miko use it, aka as launch-able ultra thin short range spikes. Also, at least for Ryoko, they are overcharged with energy to blow up upon contact.

To use it like them, the hair being harder or more durable is actually a plus.

That would definitely make it a dangerous power.

Obviously, since it does not fit for your idea, it would not come to pass... but it is a interesting concept, and I *could* picture Ranma trying to do something like this to turn it into a useful ability.

The problem is that while his hair is not stronger than steel like his nails, is still quite strong, so any technique were he has to cut his hair would be difficult. And a defensive technique where he uses ki to make his hair even stronger would be a tad pointless since Ranma fighting style is based heavily on speed and dodging attacks. But he could try do replicate the Ki claws of the neko ken, since his nails are so strong now. Is not like he haven't seen Kuno put ki in his bokken with ki like a hundred times.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:10 am

Blackcat101 wrote:The problem is that while his hair is not stronger than steel like his nails, is still quite strong, so any technique were he has to cut his hair would be difficult. And a defensive technique where he uses ki to make his hair even stronger would be a tad pointless since Ranma fighting style is based heavily on speed and dodging attacks. But he could try do replicate the Ki claws of the neko ken, since his nails are so strong now. Is not like he haven't seen Kuno put ki in his bokken with ki like a hundred times.

Hmmm... I don't know, I could see several good reasons for making hair stronger being a benefit rather than a problem as you believe.

Even if it simply remained normal hair on the body, stronger hair could blunt blows.

If it were used in conjunction with techniques like the one I mentioned, it could serve as a close in weapon, it could not only prevent someone from touching you, it could seriously scratch or poke, or even draw blood on someone already holding you that you wanted to make them let go.

And Ryoko and Miko do *not* cut their hair for their attacks... they force launch it from them into their opponent....that is part of the technique. Stronger hair in that situation I would think would yield greater penetrating power...

But as I said, this entire thing was merely due to a offhand idle comment on my part as I immediately thought of those two at the mention of hair control not being a dangerous power. Since you have no intention of going that route, I'm fine with that.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:15 am

Here some ideas I had for Ranma respective useless mutant powers for the lulz.

Scene one, the power of nail!

Ranma: I have unbreakable nails in my girl form?? Is that a good thing?
Hank: Yes and no.
Xavier: What do you mean hank? Isn't that a great boone, she can use it offensively like Sabertoohh (his nails are offensive weapons)
Hank: She could... if those nails were shapen or maybe even an inch longer.
Xavier: Explain hank.
Hank: Professor, she has perfectly manivucre nails, and I mean perfect, it's not even long it's nice and dainty and shirt. It cannot double as an offensive weapon but should be able to absorb all sort of impact.
Ranma: That means I can use it to block attacks and stuff right?
Hank: No your nail, that think later is unbreakable, your fingers, bones and hand are a nother matter. very volunerable.
Ranma: damn it!

Scene two, the power of perfect skin!

Xavier: What do you mean by she has perfect skin?
Hank: I mean what I said professor, her skin is flawless, not a single blemish on it, no scars, nothing, I gave her a shallow cut and it healed, perfectly.
Xavier: <Eyes brighten>Oh you mean like a healing factor.
Hank: <shakes head> No professor, she still get the same injury as anyone else just no blemsh or scar marks will be left on her. Althoguht she does have an accelerated healing ablities it is not a healing factor.
Xavier: ... perfect skin.
Hank:Perfect skin, if she was a real girl she would be estatic, no wrinkles, no stretch marks, nothing.

Scene thre the power of HAIR.

Ranma: <sleeping int he girls dormitory cause girls don't trust the boys.>
Jean: <Burst in through the door> Ranma wake up! <Notices she is under the covers, stipulation is ranma have to go girl.> Rise and shine we ahve to get ready.
Ranma: <Blearly> Huh..what the..it's still dark out.. go away.
Jean: <hands on her hip> Yeah, and this is the girls dormoitory, first you have to shower-
Ranma: <mumbles> can do it out back... no biggie <snores>
Jean : <eyes flashes> Along with other hygenic things, not to mention since you have so much hair, you will be tackling it for quite a while. God I need to start on mine alreayd, come on already
Ranma: <Groan and throws the cover back and sit up> Fine fine...
Jean: <stares at Ranma-chan hair>
Ranma: <notices the stares> What?
Jean: Y..your hair...how...
Ranma: ?
Jean: How do you get it so perfectly curled? You just woke up, you should have bed hair!
Ranma: <Shrug> I dunno. <take her perfectly semi curled locks and thumb it, eyes widen in surprise> Got damn it! it grew again!
Jean: what? <watches as the long hair retract from Ranma-chan waise to her shoulders, the curls in her tresses still perfect>
Ranma: Better <tide her hair into a big tail, makign it purposefully straight and boyish> Much better! Let's see, just a bath now right?
Jean: <Eye twitches as Ranma chan mess up her perfect hair for THAT ugly style>
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:03 am

Jean: <Eye twitches as Ranma chan mess up her perfect hair for THAT ugly style>

Everyone is a critic.

You know, this raises an interesting point, with the ability to completely retract and adjust the length. Ranma could in theory never have to wash or maintain hair. Mearly each morning retract it in 100%, then let it out to desired length. Since it would be new hair, it should be perfectly pure.

No washing, dyes, bleaching, conditioning, curling, combing, perming, etc... a few seconds concentration, and wham, done.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes