FF.net duplicate stories

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

FF.net duplicate stories

Postby Shadou » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:15 pm

There is an author at FF.net that has posted several duplicate fics under nearly the same name. Deathbyfurbies, and Deathbyfurbies1 have several fics posted in their entirety under both names.

Is there any way to report this kind of behavior?
Shadou
Senshi Cadet

Re: FF.net duplicate stories

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Shadou wrote:There is an author at FF.net that has posted several duplicate fics under nearly the same name. Deathbyfurbies, and Deathbyfurbies1 have several fics posted in their entirety under both names.

Is there any way to report this kind of behavior?

Well.. the author profile is technically a sockpuppet account, but I have seen a few authors over the years do this when they forget their passwords. I do not see a way to report duplicate accounts.

However

The individual stories that are duplicate *can* be reported individually, and you can give an explanation. You have to select Action, Report As Abuse, then select Duplicate, and describe the situation. I normally also give a link to the other copy.

Pretty sure you have to be logged in on FF.NET for abuse reports, at least I normally do so.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs