Not a Leg to Stand On

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Not a Leg to Stand On

Postby LawOhki » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 am

Take nothing serious here. It's just a setup for jokes or scenes I thought would be humorous.

------

“Speech”
‘Thought’
#Panda Sign#

zx

“Ooh, he’s cute.” Nabiki exclaimed, standing at the front door with his older sister Kasumi, and her father Soun.

Just outside the door, a raven haired teenage boy with cool blue eyes was standing underneath an overly large umbrella to protect him completely from the pounding rain. Since he was wearing nice black silk clothing she could understand the need for rain protection. Strapped to his back was a tall traveling pack that was worn enough to imply a great deal of travel. And standing like a human next to him with a similar backpack slung over one shoulder, was a giant panda.

“But what’s up with the panda?” She asked almost as an afterthought to the visually prime boyfriend material. Though there was something off about him, like he shouldn’t really exist.

“Father, that’s a panda.” Kasumi added to herself just to confirm the reality of this situation.

“Growf!” Said panda barked at her and held up a wooden sign. #Tendo! It’s great to see you!#

“Saotome!” Her father joyfully greeted. “I’d know you anywhere! Is this your son, Ranma?”

“I am.” The young man answered like it left a bad taste in his mouth.

“Come in, come in!” Soun yanked Ranma inside so hard that he let the umbrella go.

Nabiki gave the panda one last glance before following her father into the home, using the time to check out Ranma’s backside. ‘Certainly works out.’ She noted appreciately.

“So this is him?” Akane asked dismissively, standing in the way of her father with her hands planted firmly on her hips in defiance.

“Akane, don’t be annoying.” She rolled her eyes at her little sisters confrontational attitude before introducing herself to Ranma. “It’s nice to meet you, I’m Nabiki. Please ignore my weird sister.”

“I’m not weird!” Akane protested vehemently.

“Please don’t fight, girls.” Soun half pleaded and half ordered, shooing Akane back towards the living room.

“My old man needs, some hot water, do you have any handy?” Ranma asked as he was pulled past the kitchen.

“I’ll get him some.” Kasumi hastily volunteered just to do something normal.

“Are you excited, son?” Soun asked Ranma and practically shoved him into a kneeling position next to their table.

“I’m not exactly sure what you think I should be excited about.” He admitted and slipped off his traveling pack. “It’s easy when Pop is a panda for him not to say much.”

“I forgot that I had put a kettle on earlier.” Kasumi laughed lightly to herself as she brought in the item.

#Thanks# The panda held up another sign and delicately poured the steaming liquid over his head. Nabiki raised an eyebrow in curiosity as the water slowly soaked down through the white and black fur. Within five seconds there was a sudden and smooth change that overcame the panda into a middle aged man wearing a dingy white gi and bandana.

“You’re always getting into something, eh Saotome?” Her father laughed jovially and patted the former panda on the back.

“It’s become a tradition!” The man laughed loudly and joined in patting her father on the back as they hugged each other.

“He was a panda.” Kasumi remarked absently as she took back the kettle and then stared at it with a frown developing.

Ranma ignored the strange occurrence and grabbed his father by the front of his magically appearing gi to drag him away from her father. “Yes yes, terribly tragic story about a cursed training ground. But what’s going on, old man?”

“Some fiance he’s supposed to be. Knows even less about it than us.” Akane snickered.

“That’s all?” Ranma blinked several times and shrugged in response before letting his father go. “Well you sort that out. I need to go make sure my umbrella doesn’t blow away.”

Nabiki shared similar dubious looks with her sisters, watching the boy casually stroll back towards the front door.

“It’s true, Tendo. Our last destination turned out to be a cursed training ground and now we’re slaves to the temperature of water!”

“So it wasn’t the kettle that changed you.” Kasumi concluded but still reached out to experimentally pour some of the still warm water on her youngest sister’s head.

“Ah! Kasumi!” Akane screeched in alarm.

“So what does Ranma turn into?” Nabiki asked, having picked up the inclusion of her possible fiance in the brief explanation. And having noticed that he had made a big deal about keeping himself out of the rain opposed to Genma who had happily walked around as an endangered species.

“Old man, you didn’t pawn my heated blanket, did you? It’s cold.” A new voice with a distinctively female lilt asked along with a barely noticeable rasping of something across the wood floor.

Appearing around the corner was a girl with similar features to Ranma, wearing the same shirt, and with hair that was a bright red with strands of gold mixed in. What really caught Nabiki’s eyes was the complete lack of pants, and the fact that this girl’s lower body was a scale covered tail that extended down back around the corner. The majority of her serpentine body was covered in vibrant hues of red forming a mix of stripes and oblong shapes while the bottom was a dull lighter shade. She held herself up high enough to negate the lack of legs and as she moved forward her hips undulated with excess movement that carried all the way down her tail.

All conversation stopped as Nabiki along with her family stared in shock at the mythological creature slithering her nearly five meter long body into their living room to start digging into Ranma’s travel pack.

“Boy.” Genma coughed into his hand.

“Huh?” The redhead looked up long enough to realize that she was the clear center of the attention. “Did you decide that quick? Stupid umbrella was up against your wall so I had to get wet to get it.”

“This is my son’s cursed form. Hot water also turns him back.” Genma explained helpfully.

Ranma rolled her eyes as she pulled out a big blanket from the pack. “Now where’s an outlet?” She asked and slid over to the wall next to the television.

“Well-- I-- guess you’re curse isn’t so bad.” Soun hesitantly proclaimed.

“What curse?” Ranma turned to Soun, her upper body being held at what would be normally an awkward angle. “Being a little ectothermic isn’t a curse. Even though it feels like it sometimes.” She lamented and finally found a spot to plug the electric blanket into. Moving with surprising speed and coordination, the naga curled herself up into a tight ball beneath the blanket with a happy exclamation.

Nabiki’s eyes slowly traced over the now hidden form before locking onto her father. “Daddy-- these are your friends?”

zx

Literally just a setup for random jokes. (Yes I'm putting a slight mental component to the curse, sort of like Rouge.) They could get a Jusenkyo Monster-Girl email list started.

This came out of a... I believe running joke between DCG and Bel on the IRC chat about a naga Ranma idea. Then this was randomly come across and my muse wouldn't let it go.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Re: Not a Leg to Stand On

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:38 am

Fun fun fun. THat made me thing immediately of "Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou"
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:14 am

Well, the image has the right hair clip...

Instead of "lamented," maybe "lamianted?" :P

Also: this site has an IRC chat? :shock:
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Dumbledork wrote:Fun fun fun. THat made me thing immediately of "Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou"

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Well, the image has the right hair clip...

Looks very much like it could be. Was found on a random tumblr binge. Certainly isn't anything I really consider since that manga is trash.

Instead of "lamented," maybe "lamianted?" :P

Also: this site has an IRC chat? :shock:

On irc.lunarnet.org #fukufics. It's been there for many years. And you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:06 pm

I like the manga. It's a lot of fun and at least different from the usual harem mangas

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:11 am

Dumbledork wrote:I like the manga. It's a lot of fun and at least different from the usual harem mangas

No, no it really didn't. In fact there was only one gag at the very start that was at all humorous. And then it was ruined.

-=-

The next morning

Akane knocked loudly on the guest room door, grumbling underneath her breath at how annoying it was that she was volunteered to wake up their new houseguest. “Ranma! Breakfast! Time to get up!” She yelled into the wood and received no response.

Her frown grew and she threw the door open creating a loud smack as the wood hit the end of it’s rail in the wall. She stomped into the room before coming to an abrupt halt. Genma was already up sharing stories with her father downstairs. Ranma however was still covered by the electric blanket and had not taken the opportunity to change back when offered hot water. So Akane was left staring at the exoticly pretty red haired face sleeping peacefully, with a blanket covering a lumpy inhuman form.

“Um-- Ranma-- breakfast.” She knelt down next to the cursed teen’s head and gently nudged her. ‘She’s not poisonous, is she?’ Akane suddenly put a respectable distance between herself and the snake girl.

“Not hungry.” Ranma mumbled and rolled over to her other side, the blanket shifting oddly in response along with the soft rubbing of scales against each other before everything settled.

“LIsten you, you’re not going to insult my sister by letting the special breakfast she made for you and your panda father go cold by sleeping in!” Forgetting about the possibility of a venomous house guest, she ripped the heated blanket off of Ranma and threw it to the side. “Now get up, get changed back into a human, and ACK!”

zx

Nabiki could certainly appreciate this moment and with her camera handy she could share this joy with others. ‘For a price of course.’ She verified to herself and patted her captive sister on the head. “How you doing, sis?” She asked rhetorically and received a glare of death in return for her pleasant question.

“If I move-- she squeezes.” Akane whispered as calmly as she could, most of her body wrapped up by the serpentine tail of Ranma’s cursed form. The redhead herself was happily hugging Akane’s shoulders like a she was giant teddy bear, while still dozing.

“Hmm?” Ranma moaned as her upper body languidly rose away from Akane as she stretched her arms. Rubbing away the sleep from her eyes, she finally noticed that Nabiki was in the room. “Morning.”

“Morning.” Nabiki returned slowly.

“Let me go!” Akane squeaked in a small voice, still being squeezed tightly by Ranma’s snake tail.

“Aww! But you’re so warm.” Ranma complained while quickly complying with Akane’s demand. “Can we sleep together again?” The redhead excitedly asked as the youngest Tendo sister made her escape out the door.

“No! And change back into a human you perverted moron!” Akane yelled as she took off out of the room.

“She always this high strung?” Ranma asked Nabiki casually.

“Only with boys she likes.” Nabiki answered, hoping that Akane would get chosen for the engagement. Ranma was a clear money making opportunity and not husband material. Regardless of his real body being quite attractive. “Say Ranma, you wouldn’t be interested in posing for some photos, would you?”

“Why would you want to take pictures of me?” The snake girl asked cluelessly.

“A pretty gaijin with your-- uh-- uniquely long lower body? You’re very photogenic.” She left out all the money she would make off pictures of a legitimate naga. ‘Or is she a lamia? Maybe a gorgon? Whatever she is, she’s money with scales.’

Ranma’s look of confusion was instantly replaced by a cold calculating stare that tugged on some deep instinctual part of Nabiki’s brain in a bad way. “Oh, you want to sell pictures of me.-- So long as I get eighty percent of the profit that’ll be alright.” She shrugged and switched to smiling goodnaturedly. The snake half didn’t wait for a response before slithering across the floor after Akane. “I better go find out what she was so upset about. Don’t want to be a bad house guest.”

Nabiki quickly snapped a picture of Ranma’s exit, feeling a little put off that her purpose was so quickly found out, and that she was expected to agree to demands. ‘I’m sure we can work something out.’ She thought with a predatory smile.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:15 am

Last little bit before I try to get back to finishing several fics that are soooo close to being done.

-----

Two Months Ago in China

Balancing on top of a bamboo pole, Genma smirked down at the pool below, satisfied that he had paid his son back for turning him into a panda. ‘Let’s see how you like it, boy!’

“Oh no! Young Mister Customer fall in-- uh-- I no remember. No one fall in that spring for too long time.” The portly guide who had greeted them scratched at his chin deep in thought.

As Genma jumped down to land near the Chinese man, struggling to keep his new bulk from throwing off his coordination. Ranma finally broke the surface and collapsed face down on the edge, coughing up an excessively large amount of water before laying still. ‘Hmm, smaller, red hair, and still human.’ His finely honed survival instincts started to scream at him that perhaps Ranma would have a poor reaction to this training mishap. His son was hung strung like that sometimes.

Warily tiptoeing up to be just outside of arms reach of his child, he stretched out and gently nudge Ranma with his foot. In response, the new redhead coughed another large amount of water before raising his head to focus on him. Ranma’s features had become softer and he now looked like a foreign girl.

‘Uh oh!’ Genma turned to flee the moment Ranma started to move but he found himself quickly roughly spun around repeatedly before being crushed from all sides by something thick and scaly. Genma struggled briefly to free himself before the thick red serpents tail tightened around him like a vice. Laying on his side on the ground, he looked up in growing dread at his son, who’s gi had come open to reveal sizeable breasts.

“Man, I feel kind of funny.” Ranma commented and stretched her arms up over her head. While she possessed a normal human upper body, it changed quickly below her waist to be a snakes tail.

Genma croaked out a growf before regretting it as Ranma squeezed him even further. ‘I’m dead! I’m dead! I’m dead!’

“Oh, Young Mister Customer, please no kill Old Mister Customer.” The Guide hurriedly begged.

“I guess.” Ranma shrugged noncommittally and Genma immediately felt the coils slacken enough to breath. “But I reserve the right to do it later. He’s my old man after all. If anyone is going to do it, it’s going to be me.” She boasted and completely unwrapped from around him to wrap her tail up in a big spiral underneath her.

Ranma blinked and looked down at her new body as though she finally realized what had happened. Gingerly she reached down to touch where the scales started to confirm their existence. “Ooh, that feels weird. Maybe I could get used to this.”

Genma righted himself to sit on his backside. ‘At least the boy isn’t chasing me all over the valley.’

zx

Casually strolling along the top of a chain-link fence, Ranma had a good feeling about the day. The day was warming up nicely and it seemed like his father had finally found a decent place to crash for once. Maybe he’d end up engaged to one of the three Tendo girls but he wasn’t overly concerned with the result of that.

“Don’t you dare talk to me at school.” Akane snapped, still looking at him like she wanted to rip his spine out through his mouth.

“If that’s what you want.” He sighed and hopped off of the fence to land a respectable distance away from the girl wearing a blue uniform. “I really am sorry that I wrapped you up like that. It’s-- ya know, instinctive. I’m usually much more gentle. I haven’t strangled my Pop, yet.”

“Just-- shut up.” The girl growled with her eyes shut and fist shaking.

Ranma decided to focus past the girl’s attitude, chalking it up to Akane being a city girl who didn’t get out much, and needed time to adjust to anything new. So he spent the rest of the commute trying to memorize the neighborhood sights. He hadn’t been to school for nearly a year and he wasn’t really looking forward to being stuck in a room the entire day. But if his old man wanted to stay in the area for a while he would just have to put up with it. He had the patience of an ambush predator after all.

Reaching the gates flanking the school's main entrance, he paused while Akane stomped forward with increasing agitation. An older boy was blocking the path to the school halfway across the courtyard wearing a kendogi with hakama and holding a wooden practice sword. Forming a half circle audience behind him were a couple dozen boys.

Nabiki suddenly appeared from Ranma’s right from behind the gate. “Come on, Ranma. You don’t want to get tangled up in Akane’s morning ritual.”

“Okay.” He paid little attention to Akane as she was challenge to a duel by the older boy. Akane wanted her space so he was happy to give it and it was certainly not his place to butt into her duel. After all, she was from the Anything Goes school of martial arts and should always be prepared for a challenge. “Say, can you point me to the office? My lazy old man didn’t fill out any paperwork.”

“I don’t usually do this many favors in the same day, but I think I can make an exception.” The middle sister answered with a smirk.

zx

Akane slammed her bookbag down on her desk before slumping into her seat. Dealing with Kuno Tatewaki every morning was frustrating but at least the other morons who had followed him had given up. At the start of the year he had proclaimed that if anyone wanted to date her then they needed to defeat her in a fight. Which they had all taken to mean that she would automatically date whoever got lucky with a punch first. ‘As if I want anything to do with them.’

“Rough morning?” A recent transfer student named Kuonji Ukyo asked with his familiar and friendly tone.

“Rough everything.” She answered and straightened out her long hair to fall behind her properly.

He was the only boy that Akane ever felt comfortable to talk to. Probably because he was the only one who didn’t spend their entire lives dedicated to hitting on her. Actually, Ukyo never showed any romantic interest in her at all. Which was almost too bad, he was attractive in a very bishounen sort of way. Several of the other girls in the class had made an attempt to date the boy but he had politely declined all requests.

“Does it have something to do with that boy who was walking with you?” Yuka asked, taking her seat one desk up and to the left.

“It does, my dad’s letting him and his father stay with us.” She avoided mentioning the possibility of being engaged to that freak half snake girl-boy.

“What’s his name? He looked really familiar.” Ukyo asked, sounding intensely curious.

“Ranma.” She answered absently, trying not to clear her head so she could get through the school day.

“Saotome?” Ukyo finished with an odd mix of hopefulness and something with a harder edge. Akane leaned away as the boy loomed over her.

“You know him?” She asked.

“Oh yea-- I know him.” Ukyo didn’t add anymore before taking his seat across the room.

“What’s up with him?” Yuka wondered, hooking her bookbag to the side of her desk.

“I don’t know, not like Ukyo-kun has to live with him.” Akane answered and joined the rest of the class in quieting down when their homeroom teacher finally entered the class.

zx

Personally I really like that Genma knew fell well that Ranma was going to get cursed and just did it to get back at him for the panda thing. No other motives other than it being just another day of trying to put his son in his proper place. That ungrateful brat.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:54 am

Okay, that's a different take on Genma, cursing Ranma on purpose. I've seen it a few times, but generally there's a more sinister motive behind it than just bein an ass.

So Ranma has avoided Kuno for the time being and Ukyo is already there. I can't remember, but in canon did Ukyo go to Furinkan because she knew Ranma was there or was ist just a coincidence?

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 am

Dumbledork wrote:Okay, that's a different take on Genma, cursing Ranma on purpose. I've seen it a few times, but generally there's a more sinister motive behind it than just bein an ass.

So Ranma has avoided Kuno for the time being and Ukyo is already there. I can't remember, but in canon did Ukyo go to Furinkan because she knew Ranma was there or was ist just a coincidence?

She did challenge Genma before hand then showed in class to challenge Ranma, so it was likely on purpose. Here just a coincidence.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:37 pm

After School

Ranma regarded the young man who had been following him with curiosity and a smidge of predatory aggression. Coming home from his first day of school, he had noticed that he was being followed. Not particularly liking being anyones prey, he had lost his pursuer, and doubled back to turn the tables.

Tiptoeing along the cinder block wall above his completely unaware pursuer, he crouched down directly above his head. The other boy was mumbling to himself, clearly upset over losing Ranma’s trail, and ignoring the world around him.

‘Wasn’t he in Akane’s class?’ Ranma mused, being in a separate one from his prospective fiance. Even though he had been assigned to another classroom, he had noticed the other boy when eating lunch outside since he carried a very large battle spatula strapped to his back. Something about that tickled his memory but he couldn’t put his finger on where he had seen anything similar.

Gripping the block beneath him, he lowered himself silently from the wall. Slinking forward silently, Ranma tapped his stalker on the shoulder. “Hey.”

The spatula toting boy shrieked in a very feminine way and jumped forward to unholster his weapon. In a smooth well practiced motion he spun around to face Ranma with the weapon held in front of him. Brown eyes widened in alarm and before Ranma could chastise the other teen, he had to weave out of the way of a barrage of razor sharp throwing spatulas.

His hand snapped out to calmly catch the last of the small projectiles between two fingers before it could embed itself in his nose. “No introduction?” He asked with disapproval while slowly lowering the mini-spatula.

“Here’s all the introduction you deserve!” The rather pretty boy pulled out a baseball sized cloth wrapped bundle from behind his back and launched it at him.

Feeling cheeky, Ranma tried to use the little spatula to flip the bundle upwards but as soon as he made contact it exploded.

zx

“Kasumi-san, do you mind if I use the bath?” Ranma asked evenly, standing in the living room door with his body completely covered in sticky white flour.

“Of course not--.” Kasumi paused as she looked up from the book she was reading. “You’ve got white on you.”

“That would be why I’d like to take a bath, thanks.” He added with a discouraged sigh and stomped off towards the bath area, leaving a faint trail of white flour falling in his wake.

zx

Taking a very deep breath to try and calm herself, Kasumi’s hands gripped her book tightly. ‘It’s alright-- this is a good thing. It’s all the justification you need to put this engagement on your sisters. They’ll understand.’ When Ranma finished his bath she would politely but firmly ask him to clean up the mess that he had made. Even though he was a guest, she didn’t think it right that a possible family member act so irresponsibly.

It was a full forty-five minutes before she heard the odd shuffling that signified Ranma in his cursed form. Nabiki had already returned and went up to her room after grabbing a small snack. Akane was still at her after school club so she wouldn’t be home for another half an hour. Ranma slid into the doorway with a towel wrapped around her chest.

“Ahh! That felt great!” The cursed teen exclaimed happily and ran a hand through her unbound red hair.

‘This is it, time to stand up for your home!’ Kasumi firmed her jaw and was just about to ask Ranma to clean up her mess when the girl continued.

“Do you have a vacuum? I’ll get this flour cleaned up.” Ranma asked, her long serpent body slowly sliding into view to pool underneath her.

“Huh? Oh-- yes I keep all the cleaning supplies in the closet underneath the steps.” She answered, deflating under the preemption of her demand that Ranma clean up after himself.

“Got it, lemme just go get a shirt, and then I’ll have this damned flour cleaned right up.” The girl smiled toothily and continued on her way down the hall.

‘Maybe I misjudged him.’ She watched the last bit of Ranma’s length vanish, while trying to remember the last time her sisters ever volunteered to help with keeping her home clean. ‘I guess there’s no harm in letting him try.’ She tried to relax again and opened her book to pick up where she left off.

It was only a couple minutes until she heard the vacuum roar to life in the hallway. Kasumi smiled and raised her mental opinion of Ranma even further as she listened to the oscillating tempo of the vacuum. She noticed that the pattern changed about halfway to the door, like Ranma was pausing every so often. The mystery was solved when Ranma passed by the doorway. Nabiki was taking pictures of the snake-girl as she cleaned and Ranma was posing for her like some sort of pin-up.

‘Nabiki and Ranma are getting along well.’ Kasumi noted happily because usually her sister had problems making friends.

Soon enough the noise died down and her sister and Ranma made their way back towards the steps while loudly discussing what compensation the pictures should come with. She was just getting back into the story of her book when she noticed that someone was watching her. Slowly looking up, she found that Ranma had somehow silently returned to the living room to wrap around her in a tight circle. Directly in front of her, the redhead had her face propped up by both hands with her elbows resting on her snake tail.

‘How did she?’ Kasumi nervously closed her book and pulled her arms in close. “I-- didn’t hear you come in.”

“Didn’t want to disturb you any further.” Ranma answered pleasantly.

“That’s very-- nice of you.” She glanced at the brightly colored scales that were coming very close to touching her and felt a moment of revulsion that she tried to squash down. “Thank you very much for cleaning up after yourself.” She added gratefully, trying to ignore the slimy looking scales that surrounded her.

“You’re welcome.” The redhead perked up as if feeding off her unease and her serpentine body spun slowly to raise her upper body closer to Kasumi. “I’ve always thought a clean house is important and you’re the one who takes care of things here, right?”

Kasumi nodded, unable to look away from Ranma’s unblinking, and mesmerizing blue eyes.

It was Ranma who finally looked away, the cursed teen noticing that she had pulled her limbs in as close as she could to her body. “I’m sorry, do you have a thing about snakes?” Ranma asked and immediately shifted the bulk of her body to be farther away while still closer than Kasumi would like. “I don’t bite, I promise.”

“You’re very comfortable-- like that, aren’t you?” She said and immediately felt embarrassed for drawing attention to it.

“That’s cause I had a bit of an-- oopsie, when I fell in the spring.” Ranma admitted and pulled herself up slightly to sigh. “Jusenkyo didn’t like that I swallowed enough water to drown. Messed with my head a little bit.”

“How horrible!” Kasumi exclaimed in horror. “Is there anything you can do to fix it?”

“I’m not sure what would need to be fixed.” Ranma answered with a tiny shrug. “Sides, I like being more calm and patient. I didn’t always think things through that well.” The redhead giggled to herself.

“But you turn into a-- you’re part snake.” She said, struggling to understand how anyone handle turning into a creepy crawly snake.

“Way better than a panda.” Ranma boasted and sat up straight to puff her chest out. “What’s your problem with snakes?”

Kasumi’s eyes widened at the direct question, unsure how to answer.

“We’re not slimy or anything.” The naga girl tightened around her once again. “Go ahead and feel. I don’t mind.”

“I don’t know.” She looked down at the brightly colored snake tail dubiously. The only times she had ever been around snakes were either through a large and safe piece of glass or shooing away the small ones that would try to live around her home. And Ranma was by far the largest reptile she had ever seen.

Seeing that Ranma was waiting expectantly and not wanting to be rude, she very hesitantly reached out to poke at the coils with a single finger. She had expected it to feel wet or greasy but instead the scales were dry and surprisingly smooth. Kasumi pulled her hand away quickly when she realized that she was lingering and that she was touching a houseguest. “Different than I thought it would be.” She admitted, even though she still felt like she should go wash her hands.

“Get away from my sister you perverted monster!” Akane’s sudden shout and the loud stomp that followed made Kasumi jump in place. Ranma screamed in pain with a hiss that sent shivers down her spine. The redhead moved with amazing speed to unwrap from around her to get in Akane’s face and to rise up to loom above her.

“That-- hurt.” Ranma snarled, continuing to hiss sinisterly as her coils undulated angrily beneath her.

“Akane, that wasn’t very nice.” Kasumi chastised her youngest sister and shakily rose to her feet.

“But she was hypnotizing you! I know she was, I’ve seen the Jungle Book!” Akane stood her ground as best she could when faced with a predator doing her best to intimidate her.

“I’d never do that.” Ranma protested and backed off slightly.

“So you could!” Akane pointed out in victory.

"Could not!"

“Akane, you’re being very rude. We were just talking.” Kasumi tried to softly defuse the situation before it could escalate further.

“But Kasumi.” Akane whined, unwilling to stop furiously glaring at Ranma.

Ranma snorted and relaxed herself. "Are you going to say you're sorry?" The redhead asked and gingerly cradled the very tip of her tail that was bent at an awkward angle.

"Why would I apologize to you?" Akane scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Because it's impolite to stomp on your guests when they've done nothing wrong." Ramna explained before Kasumi could answer her sister with a similar explanation.

"The only thing I'm sorry for is that my dad thinks a freak like you should marry one of us." Akane replied dismissively and stormed out of the room.

“Oh my.” Kasumi exclaimed softly. “I’m really sorry, Ranma. Akane is usually such a sweet girl-- though often a violent maniac.”

“A maniac, hmm?” Ranma mused with a short soft hiss, her lower half curling up into a tight ball. “Maybe I could help her get over that.”
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:26 am

Hehehe. I really enjoy this. THe thing that surprised me is that male Ranma doesn't mine the curse. Does the change in mentality carry over to his male form or is there a different reason for that?

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:21 am

Dumbledork wrote:Hehehe. I really enjoy this. THe thing that surprised me is that male Ranma doesn't mine the curse. Does the change in mentality carry over to his male form or is there a different reason for that?

Carries over a good deal, his stalking of Ukyo was supposed to highlight how even when he isn't, he's thinking like a predator. Akane was lucky that Ranma was just trying to bluff her out after stomping on her tail. Too bad for her, Ranma is going to show her the power of friendship. (It's not very overt but Ranma is trying to get to know all the sisters, sort of taking the engagement serious and wanting to find out if he compatible with any of them)

Wasn't too happy when he realized that his mind has been changed but like he said to Kasumi he can't really pinpoint what should be fixed, and thinks it worked out pretty well all things considered.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Since I'm not supposed to take this seriously, I don't really have any criticisms, but I was wondering if Ranma could see infrared.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:53 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Since I'm not supposed to take this seriously, I don't really have any criticisms, but I was wondering if Ranma could see infrared.

Well you can take it a little seriously, I don't think I'm capable of doing pure crack. That last scene could have really ended up being angsty. It's hidden there a little bit, with Ranma coiling herself up into a ball at the end to show that she's very upset and feeling defensive over Akane's comments. But she'll show Akane the power of friendship whether she likes it or not. :mrgreen:

Ranma can see heat a little but because she has good normal human vision it's usually overpowered, and only useful at night.

Plans have been made for Ryoga to definitely be the cute animal companion for some magical girl who will always be offsceen. (Winged bunny)

Shampoo is likely turn into a small dog sized sphinx and will have a rather different relationship with Ranma.

Not too sure on how things will turn out with Ukyo, but she'll likely find out that you don't invade a snake's home in the middle of the night to start her revenge by stealing all their stuff.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Rather amusing story.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C