Setsuna Fanon Incarnation Question

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Setsuna Fanon Incarnation Question

Postby StarrySkyS » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:43 am

Hey, does anyone here know how Fanon Setsuna's came about?

I knew that fanon Setsuna is no where close to her canon counterpart even though I know nothing about her beside in fanfiction but now I finally decided to look her up on the wiki and..well..I don't even get how fanon Setsuna came about since they're really nothing alike about them except maybe in personality in some of her more positive portrayals....

Also, does anyone know how to change my name? :P

Edit: Also by fanon, I mean the Ranma X Sailor Moon fanon.
StarrySkyS
Senshi Candidate

Re: Setsuna Fanon Incarnation Question

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:15 pm

Some people got it into their heads that Ranma is a force of Chaos instead of just living a chaotic life. So since Chaos appears to be a bad thing in Sailor Moon some people were like why not have Setsuna try to manipulate time to kill him. It kinda kept getting worse from there.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Am I mistaken, or is the SM idea of Chaos more like Order We Do Not Want?
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Am I mistaken, or is the SM idea of Chaos more like Order We Do Not Want?

SMs version of Chaos is effectively the sailor moon devil and is responsible for all the evil bad guys they face. Afterwards it's kind of up to interpretation if Chaos will become as evil as the Sailor Cosmos future or become good. Since it's kind of implied that Chaos could be another senshi who just lost their way.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Am I mistaken, or is the SM idea of Chaos more like Order We Do Not Want?
Well, chaos didn't really get to establish itself in fanon because the fifth season of the anime never got a release when the series had gotten its second wind and became popular, and not many people read manga at the time. In the manga, though, chaos wants to return the sailor crystals to a primordial state (it had a chip on its shoulder about not being made into a star, and wanted things to return to before the state of things before the others became stars and left)... and rule space. O_o

AsianWarriorS wrote:Hey, does anyone here know how Fanon Setsuna's came about?

I knew that fanon Setsuna is no where close to her canon counterpart even though I know nothing about her beside in fanfiction but now I finally decided to look her up on the wiki and..well..I don't even get how fanon Setsuna came about since they're really nothing alike about them except maybe in personality in some of her more positive portrayals....

Also, does anyone know how to change my name? :P

Edit: Also by fanon, I mean the Ranma X Sailor Moon fanon.
As for Setsuna, not much was known about her and the third season of the anime makes her seem like someone who pulls strings and has foreknowledge. Put that together with her access to time travel, and general negligence, ignorance and license of authors (even authors basing their knowledge on what other authors have done instead of getting the information from the material itself), and you get garbage. The thing is, people should have known how the Door of Time worked in the second season, but people probably found it too limiting or didn't understand it enough to use properly.

It probably didn't help that this was going on while a lot of the Ranma 1/2 series had yet to be translated into English, though there was obviously enough to give people the impression that Ranma is a source of chaos (which was probably aided by how few other characters existed within our awareness at the time, who could even approach the kinds of things that Ranma dealt with fairly regularly).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby StarrySkyS » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:59 am

Hmm, I see...

Thanks for the Info~
StarrySkyS
Senshi Candidate

Postby Vahn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Well the way I look at Setsuna fanon that I myself am guilty of is like this.

Sailor Moon R when it came out in the u.S hinted show Chibi Usa going back into the past, that in itself was,messing with causality.

Keep in mind, back then the majority of the ranma chaos set meddling time traveller was base off of those little facets alone.

And to understand why people could not find the correct information is because during that time period, fan subbs were hard subs were hard to come by and internet connections were barely breaking 1 mb download for those lucky enough to get it.

It's not like now a days where you could simple go to baka bt and fansub groups are a dime a dozens. It was a different time thst you had to fill in the blanks both on Ranma side and the SM side .

Now that everything is out a lot of the r/sm fics and writers had read those stories and it color their perceptions of setsuna herself.

Then of course there the power representation of it all. If Pluto is only responsible for guarding time then she must be tje strongest senshi in existence as guarding all of time is massive indeed compare to the other inners.

Which mean she xould jave left her time gate and kill metilla any time she wanted too, the woman guards time by herself or the door to time.

But really the main thing then to me was how crytal tokyo was presented in the R series. The weaker version of the Senshi deceated the Black Moon group that defeated their super powered verison a thousand years into the future.

Many authors then extrapolate that the futures fight must have gotten soft in their old age. Hence the whole order vs choas deplbate.

Keep in mind at the time there was another anime out that had a protrayal of Chaos in the Lord of Nightmare. Many use thst incarnation to combat the order of Sm at the time.

Did I mean how chibi usa just time travel back and forth from the future without getting lectured by setsuna? Which for us goes to show cronyism from the scouts, Setsuna in particular. She suppose to prevent all incursion in time but give her queen a pass.

Being mostly western writers, that was a cultural differences of opinion.

So while set is not bad there is not a solid foundation that peopke can peg on her and that is what makes her awesome to write. She could be evil like Katzar fics or funny but bitchy llike Ozzie or goodies too shoes like all my outers.

All the other Senshi have a clearly define set trait and powers, sets kinda here and there.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs