Sailor Moon new anime predictions

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: Sailor Moon new anime predictions

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:39 pm

I can dig it being based on the style that Takeuchi used for the manga.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:08 pm

Before and after

Heads seem a bit big but I like the movement for that. And it'd be nice to see Usagi with more than one expression.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Aw. No sentai movement sounds. :O
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:00 am

KonokoHasano wrote:Trailer showing a little bit of the animation for Sailor Moon Crystal. The animation is amazingly gorgeous, but holy jeez do I feel thrown off by it all as my mind tries to wrap itself around it. @_@

I get the thrown off feeling. Same for me. What threw me most was the somewhat more elongated face of Usagi. Probably something watching 3 episodes should cure I guess :)

Animation is definitly updated and using more modern means to build the scenes. Characters seem pretty much based on the originals, with some minor adjustments for the newer animation stuff.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Uldihaa » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:52 am

Neko- wrote:I get the thrown off feeling. Same for me. What threw me most was the somewhat more elongated face of Usagi. Probably something watching 3 episodes should cure I guess :)

Animation is definitly updated and using more modern means to build the scenes. Characters seem pretty much based on the originals, with some minor adjustments for the newer animation stuff.

Watching that gif for about 60 seconds has helped me a lot :D

Just taking everything in of it, all the little motions and detail. Then after that 60 seconds, flick your sight up to the old version. That slightly disconcerting disconnect with the new animation and character design seems to have faded for me.
Uldihaa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:47 am

Hair seems a bit poofy to me.

Like it though. It's not too drastic and it's so... Clean. Fitting really.
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:13 pm

My level of hope has taken a critical hit after the kind of generic theme song and a gratuitous cgi transformation scene. Attacks look great though.

Get your leaked footage before it's gone.
http://youtu.be/cBYsyJGc7DQ
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:04 am

Actually that CGI was pretty slick and its probably the most cost effective way to render those kind of effects these days.

Though I do agree that I'm not feeling the love for the OP.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Uldihaa » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:03 pm

First episode is up on Hulu if you want to watch it, Sailor Moon Crystal.

I like it, but I'll confess that I'm not expecting to feel the exact same way I did with the first anime.
Uldihaa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Found for download. Havnt watched yet
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Uldihaa wrote:I like it, but I'll confess that I'm not expecting to feel the exact same way I did with the first anime.

As a person who got hooked by the series via the anime, but got the manga years later and liked that more, I'm more concerned about how it will relate with the latter. While I get to avoid the same problem as you could have, it just means that I have a different potential problem to deal with. Weeee...~
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Thoughts on the first episode:

It's pretty much a re-hash of the first episode of the original anime. Some changes

Mamoru is actually wearing his tux (sans gloves, mask and top hat) when he and Usagi first met which struck me as ... odd
More emphasis on Sailor V and her pre-existing status
No roses being thrown in the fight. I will admit it has been a while but I could swear that in the original anime a rose got thrown during the fight.
I suspect that introductions will be accelerated because Ami appears briefly at the end of the episode.

Non-story related points of note
Ikuko and Shingo have both had their hair colours lightened considerably. Shingo is now blond for example (though still a few shades darker than Usagi).
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Ikuko and Shingo have both had their hair colours lightened considerably. Shingo is now blond for example (though still a few shades darker than Usagi).

Well that´s probably a good idea. Even though it´s totally possible to have drastically different hair colours in a family, it´s rare, and it did look a bit weird.

Mamoru is actually wearing his tux (sans gloves, mask and top hat) when he and Usagi first met which struck me as ... odd

Sound very weird, how is that supposed to be motivated?

More emphasis on Sailor V and her pre-existing status

I suspect that introductions will be accelerated because Ami appears briefly at the end of the episode.

Good.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Knight of L-sama wrote:It's pretty much a re-hash of the first episode of the original anime. Some changes

To be more accurate, it's pretty much the first chapter of the manga panel for panel. Rather than changing from the anime, it adopted the manga's events. That's why Mamoru was wearing a Tuxedo (he's not so removed from his Tuxedo Kamen alter ego in the manga), didn't throw the rose, and why Sailor V was a bit more prominent. It's also why Ami has already made an appearance, because she makes her appearance in the second chapter of the manga.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Uldihaa » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:01 pm

Knight of L-sama wrote:Mamoru is actually wearing his tux (sans gloves, mask and top hat) when he and Usagi first met which struck me as ... odd.

Is it my imagination, or does his tux have more 'bling' to it?
Uldihaa
Senshi Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon