Final Fantasy: Rise of Heroes

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Final Fantasy: Rise of Heroes

Postby Konsaki » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:15 am

"You know, if she was a bounty hunter, she'd say that too." Xavier pointed out with a catty grin in his voice, clearly trying to rile up some trouble.

Flashing a glare to her feline partner, Kitoria growled, "Stop that! There's enough trouble as it is!"
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Light02 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:20 am

"Hey...." he says addressing the others, "it's gonna be a long job I sure as hell don't want us at odds with each other during this."
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:42 am

"Agreed but I'm sure most of this is just the stress of waiting for the job to start." Kitoria responded to the human sniper, the tail of her white furred tail flipping back and forth in agitation. "Once we get rolling, I'm sure things will smooth out with our minds focused on actually doing something. That's usually how it goes with a new hunting group back home."

"Yeah, when is this cherry going to be popped? It feels like we've been teased with this 'door opening' forever!" Xavier complained, flipping his own tail. Deciding not to chastise her partner too much, she just rolled her shoulder to force Xavier to fly on his own magic assisted feathered wings.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Alanna » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:32 pm

"Yeah...what Xav said! Or you could totally be all 'we're just gonna go along on this and I'll bounty hunt you right after we get out when you're unsuspecting and completely at my mercy! Bwahahahahah!'" she looks totally serious, and even does the evil cackle laugh in a bad imitation of Blair's voice.
Alanna
Senshi Candidate

Postby Light02 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:18 pm

"feels like we've been waiting for weeks despite the fact it's only been a few minutes" Ethan remarks in agreement.
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby DCG » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:41 pm

"Considering the size of the blast needed to open this place. Isn't it better that they take there time with it?" Does her best to resist the erge to pet the little time mage next to her.
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Dorin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 am

The machine continued it's constant drilling for some minutes, boring down into the rock with constant low rumbling. Finally, after much work and toil, the cutting arms retracted and another set of tools went to work. Odd colored tubes sprouted and fed down a separate set of arms into the recently created blasting holes. The dwarf keeps at the constant monitoring while members of staff hurry too and fro with the preparations. The lot of you are told to follow, or outright tugged for your own safety. Pulled back many feet behind layers of magical shielding, impact resistance glass, and heavy sand bags.

After much work and carrying on, the hall is cleared and the dwarf retreats a ways while the final sequences are laid. A heavy, custom designed shield dome is leaned in place and weighted down. The dwarf joins you, conversation already in progress. On a radio with the last team members setting things up.

"Aye, is our 'airlock' ready?"

~Yes, sir!~

"Clear the area then!"

... ... ...

~Area clear, all stations report. Team members all accounted for. Clearing first firing lock.~

"Alright lads and lassies, hold on to your hair, tails, and cover your ears. This'll be one hell of a bang."

Pulling out his det-remote, he shouts through the whole cavern. "Blast danger! Remain clear! Triggers armed! 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... "

CLICK.

Chirp, chirp, chirp.

Silence.

The moogle, thankfully her set of bunny soldiers well clear, giggles. "You forgot to set the remote, didn't you?"

"Oh hush up, I've been doin this longer than most of you sweet kiddies have been alive." He frowns, eyeing his remote and giving the button another press. Click, silence.

"Oh damn be to it all, radios and their unreliable signals. Think I'm so fool as to not be ready for that, eh? Well worry not your pretty little pompom."

The dwarf pulls out another remote, fiddling with controls, his over cumbersome drilling machine rolls to the bomb shelter. Coming to a stop nearby. Reaching over he clicks a key and flips up a box.

"Big red button!" Smashing an indeed large red button, the cavern suddenly fills with a series of roars as the explosives go off. One set of charges upon another in a timed sequence. The rock shakes and echos with the reverb of the noise, but thankfully the shielding around the explosion area contains the damage. Several minutes after it ends, do the teams peer out, check for overhead damage and danger of falling rocks, before going to deal with the wreckage. Clearing away the explosive shield and then setting up magical screens and a bubble canopy.

While rock is cleared away, the dwarf turns to the lot of you, summoning folk over. "Alright, now, as a safety precaution, we're going in with masks and heavy coveralls. Till we know what we're dealing with, nobody touch nothin! Make myself clear? Suit up and get ye ready. If you have any questions, ask the techies, they'll know all about this stuff.

"We head out fifteen, so grab your last potty breaks, or coffee, or what 'ere. We're off to explore the unknown!"

He ventures off a moment to grab his own gear, while people scramble this way and that, making ready the final moments.

You are guided to set up stations where custom masks and skin protecting garments are on hand to cover up anything exposed. No risks to be taken on the matter.

The great adamant doors remain unmarred in their fierce defiance of the blast, not even nicked by the explosions. While the working crew moves away the debris, which has been reduced more to powder to chunks of rock. They get more use of heavy vacuums than shovels, it seems.
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Light02 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:07 am

"Bout time..." he says situating his gear.
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:38 am

"I second that sentiment." Kitoria stated in agreement with the team's rifleman. Examining the coveralls before putting them on, the redmage noticed that even though they were designed with zippers at the base of the legs to allow them to be slipped on without making her take off her boots, she'd still have to wear her leather jacket and sword scabbard on the outside.

Taking off her jacket and unfastening her sword-belt, she started talking to the rest of the team. "Okay, now that we have a way in, we need a plan on how to protect the researchers." Sliding her legs into the coveralls, she continued, "Based on our team makeup, I say we send Blair and Axi in first as a two woman scout team with Ethan, Nadya and myself following close enough to provide magic and ranged support."

"Our sneak-thief should hopefully sniff out any traps or dangers, hopefully disarming or bypassing them, while Axi is there to pull her tail out of any danger should something go wrong." Having pulled the top part of the coveralls on, Kitoria zipped it up while grimacing at the feeling of her tail being contained in a sleeve. "Once we secure the entrance room, we'll signal for the researcher team to move in and do whatever it is they're going to do. Once that starts up, we'll have to figure out what to do next depending on what we find in there."

Pausing for a second, she quirked her eyebrow at the scene off a technician fitting Xavier with a small mask. The rest of him was uncovered due to lack of a specialized suit, but at least he'd be able to breath.

Pulling on her leather jacket and tightening her sword-belt again, the redmage asked up, "Anyone have any suggestions or problems with that? Now's the time to speak up."
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Light02 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:17 am

Ethan smirks, as he checks his ammo, "none here," he says before loading a clip into his weapon, "I'm locked and loaded."
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Alanna » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:08 am

Nadya mrrs, tail bristling as she stares at Blair.

"...I guess I'll have to believe you." She says, unhappily.

"...For now." She adds, glaring at her. Sadly, it's more cute than threatening.

she humphs at her, then flounces off dramatically, pulling on the protective vestments, her tail curling reluctantly around her waist only with some encouragement and manhandling from her.

"...Does her tail -have- to be in the fire before it gets pulled out?" Nadya asks Kitora. "Cause that really hurts, and my fur takes forever to grow back after getting burned off."
Alanna
Senshi Candidate

Postby Konsaki » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:08 am

Rolling her eyes lightly at the younger mithra's question, Kitoria held up her fingers as she replied, “One, she doesn’t have any fur on her tail to burn off. Two, it’s just a figure of speech; so , no, Axi won’t be pulling Blair out of a literal fire.” Glancing towards the rat girl, she added under her breath, “…hopefully.”

Noticing something, the platinum haired mage retrieved a different dust suit and held it out for Nadya to use instead. “Here, use the ones designed for Mithra. Just side your tail into the tail sleeve in the back, like I have it. It’s not too bad, just rubbed the fur the wrong way at first.”
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Alanna » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:02 pm

"Figures of speech can be awfully literal when you're talking about magic." Nadya says, doubtfully, taking the other suit from Kitoria. "...I hate tail sleeves." she mumbles, staring at it disconsolately, before she starts tugging that one on instead.
Alanna
Senshi Candidate

Postby Light02 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:43 pm

"Also shouldn't we be a bit a away form the explosion?" Ethan asks as the Dwarf still preps to blast the door open
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Alanna » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:45 pm

"I dunno. We're pretty far away already, and those blast screens look pretty good. I guess you could get further back if you wanted..."
Alanna
Senshi Candidate

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs