Pinch Hitter 3 - Redone Ryouga Scene

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Pinch Hitter 3 - Redone Ryouga Scene

Postby uragaaru » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:50 am

As you know I've been dragging on the new chapter. In truth I was unhappy with the portrayal of Ryouga (as were many of you). I want there to be some kind of antagonism, but I realized I was making him too unsympathetic for later on. I decided a better route was for Ryouga to have some of the better status I was giving him, bur make him a more positive figure and intimate he might be a bit lonely and make Ranma react out of proportion. I also decided a backstory here wasn't needed, but I can insert one in a later chapter when it becomes relevant.

As for the later scenes with Ryouga and Ami, I need to tweak those, though it relatively minor changes compared to this first scene.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VMi ... sp=sharing

=======

Ranma shuffled down the winding streets north of her apartment. She had spent the morning lost in thought at her present situation. over the past week or so, she had been able to put it out of her mind with work, classes, and the new weirdness that had entered her life. Now though there was some amount of free time and Ranma had nothing better to do than to brood. She came upon a pebble on the sidewalk and for abut a kilometer, she made a game of kicking the pebble down the street, seeing how far and fast she could get it to go without deviating from its path or getting airborne.

Ranma's little game ended she she kicked the pebble against someone's expensive looking Italian loafers..

"Oh, jeez sorry, I-" she froze as she saw who the man in front of her was.

"Ranma?" he asked.

"R-R-R-Ryouga." she shook her head and took on an air of non-chalance. she placed her hands behind her head, as though leaning against a wall. "How's it hangin', P-chan."

Ryouga rolled his eyes. "Same as always, I see." Ranma let out a snort and appraised Ryouga more closely.

Ryouga looked pretty much the same as far as height and build went. His hair was short, but styled. Gone were his patchy, rough traveling clothes. He wore a cotton button shirt and slacks that were tailored to fit his broad physique rather well. His shoes were a dark leather and expensive-looking. Instead of his large backpack, he carried a messenger bag over his shoulder. Overall he looked like he had been cleaned up by someone with Kuno's money, but with actual taste. The end result was Ranma regretting ever seeing him.

"What the hell's with that getup?"

Ryouga tilted his head at the question. "They're my clothes. I mean, my mom bought 'em, but..."

"Well they look... they look kinda stupid," Ranma spat out, "What the hell was wrong with your regular clothes?" Ranma stopped. "Wait, your mom?"

Ryouga nodded. "Yeah. You don't know how much life's changed for me!" He began to smile enthusiastically and Ranma noted how the light shone off his snaggletooth when he was happy,. which elicited a groan from her.

"I was at Akari's for a while. Then I got a letter from Kasumi. The next day, this black sedan came to the farm and it was my mom who showed up. She gave me this," Ryouga said as he held up a small device that looked like a large, squat cell phone.

"I can use this to find my way. I'm actually starting to get better finding my way without it, but it's changed our lives. My mom got a job teaching English at a college nearby and my dad's made a killing on tech stocks."

"Wow that's uh nice for ya. Rich and hands- I mean rich and a jerk." Ranma rubbed the back of her head, "S-so what the heck're you doin' around here? Ya got lost on the way to a weddin' or something?"

Ryouga laughed. Not in the nervous way Ranma remembered, but a gentle, self-assured laugh that bespoke of a confidence Ranma had never seen from him before.

"Always a kidder. Nah, I'm meeting up with a study partner here." He pointed at a nearby cafe, the sign reading 'Fruits Parlor Crown' hanging over the door.

"Oh, you working on the entrance exam? Mousse's been workin' on that for a while and..." Ranma trailed off when she saw Ryouga's eyes narrow.

"Ranma. I go to Todai. I mean, I'm just a freshman, but."

"Wait, you!?" Ranma yelled while pointing at him. "But you're not smart!"

Ryouga rolled his eyes and shrugged. "I guess I just test well," he replied in a flat tone.

"So lemme get this straight. You go to Todai, don't get lost so bad, you live with your Ma n' Pop, and you dress like a model... jeez, next you'll tell me you're married ta Akari and cured the curse."

Ryouga, to Ranma's surprise, changed his expression from a jovial smile to a bit of a frown.

"Akari and I..." he shook his head, "I guess we kinda grew apart and my mo-" he shook his head.

"Aw, jeez. Sorry, man," Ranma replied, frowning.

"And, even with the money, we haven't found a thing to cure the curse." Ryouga grew thoughtful as he looked at Ranma. "Hey... hasn't rained in a while. Why are you a girl?"

Ranma clicked her teeth. "I, uh... I got stuck about a week back. Ain't a big deal or nothin'" she said quickly.

Ryouga gasped slowly, "Wow. That sucks. I still remember I got hit with the ladle and I thought I'd be the pig forever. Was it him?"

"Herb?" Ranma shook her head. "Nah. I dunno what happened. It's uh too confusin'." Ranma waved a hand, "Look, I don't need your pity or nothin'. You seem ta be doin' well for yourself, Akari excepted."

"You don't have to pretend, Ranma. I'm your friend right." Ryouga moved to put a reassuring hand on Ranma's shoulder, but as soon as he touched Ranma, she turned around and slapped his arm away, yelling "Don't touch me!" in a voice that spoke of as much fear as annoyance.

Ryouga held his hand up. "Sorry, sorry. I was just tryin'"

"Well don't! Do you have any idea what you-" Ranma stopped herself from speaking but was shaking in anger.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Ever since that time in Okinawa you've... it's been a while, and I haven't seen much of the old gang."

Ranma took a few breaths and said, "Well... Mousse, n' I are neighbors and Nabiki lives around here. Ucchan and Konatsu are back in Furinkan and Akane lives in Hachioji."

"Really? Cool. Maybe I can stop by and we can do a guys night out?" Ryouga asked hopefully.

"Well, I, uh..."

"Oh, damn, I'm sorry," Ryouga said, hitting his forehead, "Look, I know you're going through some stuff, but we're pals, right?"

Ranma merely nodded and said, "Yeah... pals."

"All right!" Ryouga replied, smiling once more. "Lemme get your info. We can have a coupla drinks and have a night out on the town with the gang."

Ranma nodded. As she gave Ryouga the details, a woman's voice could be heard in the distance.

"Hibiki-san!"

Ryouga looked up and smiled politely as the girl jogged up to him.

"Oh, Mizuno-san. Good to see you. I was about to call to see if you were okay."

Ami bowed and said, in between breaths, "I'm so sorry. I overslept and then something came up and.." She stood up and and was practically face to face with Ranma. Ami fought to not do more than widen her eyes. Ranma for her part tilted her head in confusion.
Ami walked over and bowed to Ryouga. "I'm sorry for running late. I overslept and..." she trailed off when she saw Ranma. Ranma noticed the look she was getting from the blue-haired stranger. In response, she began making tactical calculations in case something went down. At the same time, however, Ranma felt what could only be described as alarm bells going off in her head. There was something about this Mizuno girl she should be on the lookout for, but Ranma was at a loss of verbalize what that something was exactly.

"Oh, who is this Hibiki-san? An old girlfriend?" Ami asked tentatively, looking between the two of them.

Ranma’s internal machinations froze as her entire body choked in utter horror at the idea suggested by Ami. Let out a strained cough and found it hard to breathe.

“He-uh she's an old friend of mine. We go way back," Ryouga explained. He walked towards Ami and turned back to Ranma.

"Yep," Ranma said noncommittally, stealing a glance at Ami. "Too far back, ya pig bastard."

Ryouga merely laughed at the insult, replying with "That's the old Ranma!" and slapping her heartly on the back with perhaps a bit more force than necessary. He turned to Ami, "Anyway, we just happened to run into each other by chance." Ryouga then stopped and glanced at his device. "Oh, it's close to twelve-thirty. Are you ready to begin, Mizuno-san? I can get you some barely tea if you'd like."

Ami blinked and turned to Ryouga. "Oh. Oh, yes! Yes of course. Thank you, I'd appreciate it, Hibiki-san."

As Ryouga turned to leave, Ami following behind, he casually raised a hand in farewell.

"Later Ranma! Say hi to Akane for me."

Once they left, Ranma let out an annoyed sigh as she kept walking aimlessly down the neighborhood, feeling even worse than before and wishing she could take a cold shower.
======
uragaaru
Senshi Cadet

Re: Pinch Hitter 3 - Redone Ryouga Scene

Postby LawOhki » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Ryoga being a dick was better, you should have just toned it down so his dislike of Ranma was more justifiable and not just being a complete ass. His life has turned around, he's done a lot of things Ranma would have said impossible, and now he can rub it back in his rivals face.

Ranma's seemingly uncontrollable attraction remains jarring. Is she supposed to be some kind of barely controlled nympho?
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:17 pm

LawOhki wrote:Ryoga being a dick was better, you should have just toned it down so his dislike of Ranma was more justifiable and not just being a complete ass. His life has turned around, he's done a lot of things Ranma would have said impossible, and now he can rub it back in his rivals face.

Ranma's seemingly uncontrollable attraction remains jarring. Is she supposed to be some kind of barely controlled nympho?

I agree that Ryoga taking delight in the opportunity to rub his success in Ranma's face is in character. (though I prefer the way his break-up with Akari is handled in this version). I think some sort of mix between this version and last version would be best.
As for Ranma's attraction to Ryoga... I like it. I don't think the attraction is particularly strong (certainly not nymphomania), but Ranma's reaction to it is. It's an alien feeling that freaks him out.
My head-canon is that girl-Ranma was physically attracted to guys but mentally/romantically attracted to girls. It also adds a layer depth to Ranma's hatred of his curse form, his dislike of Ryoga, and his defensiveness of his fragile masculinity. Hell it even explains why he is more comfortable around Akane as a girl. He still likes her but doesn't have all the weird (to him) physical reactions.

That head-canon is also why I've always had a quiet dislike for the "come to terms with the curse/feminine-side" fics.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:32 pm

ijp92 wrote:I agree that Ryoga taking delight in the opportunity to rub his success in Ranma's face is in character. (though I prefer the way his break-up with Akari is handled in this version). I think some sort of mix between this version and last version would be best.
As for Ranma's attraction to Ryoga... I like it. I don't think the attraction is particularly strong (certainly not nymphomania), but Ranma's reaction to it is. It's an alien feeling that freaks him out.
My head-canon is that girl-Ranma was physically attracted to guys but mentally/romantically attracted to girls. It also adds a layer depth to Ranma's hatred of his curse form, his dislike of Ryoga, and his defensiveness of his fragile masculinity. Hell it even explains why he is more comfortable around Akane as a girl. He still likes her but doesn't have all the weird (to him) physical reactions.

That head-canon is also why I've always had a quiet dislike for the "come to terms with the curse/feminine-side" fics.

I'm not pointing the attraction out because of the oh noes Ranma can't like guys generality, but because from what I remember of the rest of the fic, it seems to get shoe horned into several scenes as though it adds some instant extra drama or makes the scene deeper. I'd have to go back and reread to be able to point out specific instances.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:52 pm

I think there's nothing wrong with the last half of this now. Quite like it. First half? I liked the previous version more. I'd keep cocky, rub success in rivals face Ryoga to start. Up until Ranma mentions that she's kind of stuck. Then that breaks down and he has genuine sympathy and shows his nicer side. That would overall work better.

As to the attraction bit? Make that less externally visible and more just an internal thing for Ranma. Something she holds in more. Perhaps the almost saying handsome bit is ok, but the rest of it have her hold it all in a lot better. But if you really want to go all out on that, why not have Ranma evaluate Ami at the end then too? If Ryoga is attractive to Ranma then Ami is competition. So jealousy and such would be called for, even if it's mostly unconsciously. I don't think that is for the best, but if you want to keep pushing that would seem wise. Only for Ranma to walk off berating herself for acting so much like a girl. Which would then make her all the more desperate to figure this stuff out.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby uragaaru » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I will probably follow Frank's siggestion and add back in some RYouga jerkiness to the beginning and maybe smooth out some of the discomfort Ranma expresses.

I would say that ijp92 has the right of it for the most part. I don't want to delve too much in backstory here, but the simple answer is that, for the purposes of this story, Ranma is struggling with his emerging bisexuality. One aspect is the attraction to Ryouga (mostly physical, perhaps a bit emotional) and working thruogh feelings of disgust and denial. Another is his loyalty and love for Akane (who he really wants to be with most) and feeling a bit like a failure in that respect. Third is the way that his feelings about his curse/gender exacerbate his anxieties about his sexuality, which will more than likely come into play when he and Akane share some scenes together.

why not have Ranma evaluate Ami at the end then too? If Ryoga is attractive to Ranma then Ami is competition. So jealousy and such would be called for, even if it's mostly unconsciously.

I think perhaps unconsciously is the key. I think Ranma is too concerned by Ami's staring to make much of her, especially since he's not trying to think about it on a conscious level. Much of what is happen emotionally is still not particularly thought through in Ranma's mind. Maybe make him more put off but attribute it to the scrutiny he's getting by Ami.

Is she supposed to be some kind of barely controlled nympho?

Other than Akane and (in an non-explicit manner) Ryouga, how did that get conveyed?

from what I remember of the rest of the fic, it seems to get shoe horned into several scenes as though it adds some instant extra drama or makes the scene deeper.

There is one mention of something, which can be seen as a callback to the Koi Rod arc when he and Nabiki are chatting and she's pushing his buttons because she likes teasing Ranma. Otherwise it's not really mentioned outside of some jock/locker club humor. If anything, it's been shoehorned in for humor at Ranma's expense. Really, this is meant to be something that has been pretty well hidden by Ranma (because he's engrossed himself in work and his loyalty to Akane) that will be of issue later on down the line when it comes out (no pun intended).

Again thanks for the feedback.
uragaaru
Senshi Cadet

Postby frice2000 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 am

Ranma is struggling with his emerging bisexuality.

This is obviously important for anyone going through such a revelation I'd expect. However, Ranma does have some other worries. Stuck a girl, suddenly needs to fight monsters, etc. Those all seem like they'd be a bigger deal in terms of right now then sexual preferences and attraction Ranma's known about and likely thought about for awhile. Obviously came to some conclusion when he first realized that. And if that's ignore it since I'm in a committed relationship with a girl I love and want to marry is that somehow wrong or atypical for someone who is bisexual? Doesn't seem that off to continue with the same plan of ignoring it and continuing on to me at least. Hell some instant packets of Drowned Man water with a bemused Akane probably helps too. Magical universes we are in for this story. Non-real world solutions for some of this should be more viable.

Further that attraction is really odd. Does Ranma find Mousse attractive? Probably should. There's no one else but Ryoga? Why? Because If that's the case that it's only Ryoga, Ranma's fears are much much less. Very simple to pass it off as just a lingering Koi rod side effect. Don't think generalized attraction is that tight. Nor should it be if that's your intention moving forward.

Another is his loyalty and love for Akane (who he really wants to be with most) and feeling a bit like a failure in that respect

Damn. If that's the case all my past relationships have been failures. See a girl I'm attracted to on TV or in person I'm somehow a failure if I'm in a committed relationship? I don't get that. Ranma especially shouldn't have exactly that problem. Had four or more girls at times fighting for his hand. At least a few of which he had to think were attractive. If you just meant the whole oh no I'm actually attracted to another guy thing...Then yes can understand why he feels that he's less of a man or something especially feeling said attraction in a female body. But simply being attracted to someone else doesn't mean he's failed Akane.

when it comes out (no pun intended).

Interesting if that's intended at some point. Seems like you've got a lot of other issues in this stories pot that adding that in too might be problematic. That said if this does happen think an IC Akane breaks things off with Ranma honestly. She isn't the type that would handle that revelation well.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby uragaaru » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:56 am

However, Ranma does have some other worries. Stuck a girl, suddenly needs to fight monsters, etc. Those all seem like they'd be a bigger deal in terms of right now then sexual preferences and attraction Ranma's known about and likely thought about for awhile.

Yep. That's why I basically only have this scene and a few things down the line. This is meant to be minor to the larger plot, but I want to do a story that does something different in this sphere of things.

Does Ranma find Mousse attractive? Probably should. There's no one else but Ryoga? Why? Because If that's the case that it's only Ryoga, Ranma's fears are much much less.

Pretty much it's just Ryouga. If you could ask a completely objective Ranma not afraid of social repercussions, he'd probably say something akin to "Yeah Mousse is cute, but not my type". And yes, this isn't something that will really come up a lot, but this is the first time Ranma's run into him for a while and it's meant to be another pile on top of what's already being shoved onto Ranma's plate.

But simply being attracted to someone else doesn't mean he's failed Akane.

Agreed. But Ranma has higher (pretty much unrealistic) standards for himself. Also recall in the story, he' fought life and limb to clean that fianceé slate (even if one took themselves out of the race) to start over because he wanted to make sure what he felt for Akane was really him.

Interesting if that's intended at some point.

it will mean a long conversation, but it will probably be in context so not as earth-shattering revelatory as this scene makes it.

In general,. my worries, overly focused emphasis on it is one to get a handle on Ryouga's character and two, to pile on the life suck for Ranma. Yes, the locked form, monsters attacking, and other nonsense matters more, but I think this is an gle that a) isn't a direction fukufics tend to go and b) most fics which acknowledge a non-heterosexual Ranma go about it in ways that conflate gender and sexuality in ways I find personally unsatisfying and or misguided. I agree that I may be trying to put too many elements into the story but, as I see it so far it fits into the three main bits of this story a)the action/magical girl plot stuff b) the family/history/past life stuff and c) the romance/relationship stuff.
uragaaru
Senshi Cadet

Postby frice2000 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:27 am

If you could ask a completely objective Ranma not afraid of social repercussions, he'd probably say something akin to "Yeah Mousse is cute, but not my type".

Strikes me that a pretty unique thing to do would be to have female Ranma totally heterosexual, and male Ranma totally heterosexual as well. So with a splash of hot or cold water feelings dissolve or return. Now that would certainly mess with Ranma's head far more then bisexuality which long term Ranma can likely get a handle on. But being one or the other exclusively depending on form? That'd be truly wretched.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:48 am

ijp92 wrote:My head-canon is that girl-Ranma was physically attracted to guys but mentally/romantically attracted to girls. It also adds a layer depth to Ranma's hatred of his curse form, his dislike of Ryoga, and his defensiveness of his fragile masculinity. Hell it even explains why he is more comfortable around Akane as a girl. He still likes her but doesn't have all the weird (to him) physical reactions.

frice2000 wrote:Strikes me that a pretty unique thing to do would be to have female Ranma totally heterosexual, and male Ranma totally heterosexual as well. So with a splash of hot or cold water feelings dissolve or return. Now that would certainly mess with Ranma's head far more then bisexuality which long term Ranma can likely get a handle on. But being one or the other exclusively depending on form? That'd be truly wretched.

frice2000's idea seems pretty closer to the kind of problem I was shooting for with my idea. It also seems like such an obvious solution to the question of why Ranma hates his curse form (instead of "it itches/feels off", "it feels too natural", "the balance is off", or whatever other vague bs fanfic writers have come up with in the past). Some don't even make sense considering that Ranma has failed to notice the transformation before.
In my head, its because 1) Its not his birth form. Which has to count for something. 2) Its the changes that aren't immediate and obvious. Sure the balance is different but he eventually gets so used to it he adjusts automatically. Its suddenly catching himself checking out guys.

The idea that his "bisexuality" is completely caused and reliant on his curse also makes that much more of a source of conflict too. And it (hopefully) means that we will avoid the cliche:
"Oh Ranma, we (the crossover cast) completely understand you. Come. Ignore those horrible people from your own cast you can't accept you for the bi-gendered blessing that you are. Oh and we totally understand and accept that you really have a suppressed desire to be an uber-feminine girly girl and we think you should spend more time as a girl to make up for those horrible 15 years you had to spend entirely as a boy. And to think, if Jusenkyo hadn't fixed you by teaching you humility and femininity you would still be a horrible macho person."

...eh I better stop now before I go into a rant about fanon's portrayal of the "girls are weak" cliche.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby uragaaru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:19 am

The idea that his "bisexuality" is completely caused and reliant on his curse also makes that much more of a source of conflict too. And it (hopefully) means that we will avoid the cliche:
"Oh Ranma, we (the crossover cast) completely understand you. Come. Ignore those horrible people from your own cast you can't accept you for the bi-gendered blessing that you are. Oh and we totally understand and accept that you really have a suppressed desire to be an uber-feminine girly girl and we think you should spend more time as a girl to make up for those horrible 15 years you had to spend entirely as a boy. And to think, if Jusenkyo hadn't fixed you by teaching you humility and femininity you would still be a horrible macho person."

The short answer is I am not doing that. Not at all. I usually don't spell things like this out outside of the text proper, but since it'll be a while before we get there in the story, this Ranma identifies as a guy, with the acknowledgement that sometimes, at least physically, he will be perceived as female. After all he's employed as a waitress, is willing to turn on the charm for food and to help Nabiki buy shit, etc. His gender expression (which differs from his identity) may skew or change based on what form he is in or contextual situations (I think of Tsubasa contest or the cooking for his mother as 'Ranko') and this difference between gender identity and expression comes into play later. Finally, his sexuality is independent of those two factors. When I said I was trying something different, I meant that one rarely sees the possibility of a male-identified non-heterosexual Ranma (outside of a BL fic anyway) explored, particularly in fukufics, which tend to go deal with issues around gender , oftentimes in the direction you indicated/bemoan. Not that I don't sometimes like to read fics like Strained Harmony (as structurally/narratively frustrating it can sometimes be) but I am most definitely not going that way.

So yes, I'm going into this story with contemporary (as in within this decade) notions of gender and sexuality. The curse doesn't magically change anything, but its presence does complicate certain issues which the revelation of Ranma's long ago past, his lineage, and his feelings will bring up.
uragaaru
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:00 am

uragaaru wrote:The short answer is I am not doing that. Not at all. I usually don't spell things like this out outside of the text proper, but since it'll be a while before we get there in the story, this Ranma identifies as a guy, with the acknowledgement that sometimes, at least physically, he will be perceived as female. After all he's employed as a waitress, is willing to turn on the charm for food and to help Nabiki buy shit, etc. His gender expression (which differs from his identity) may skew or change based on what form he is in or contextual situations (I think of Tsubasa contest or the cooking for his mother as 'Ranko') and this difference between gender identity and expression comes into play later. Finally, his sexuality is independent of those two factors. When I said I was trying something different, I meant that one rarely sees the possibility of a male-identified non-heterosexual Ranma (outside of a BL fic anyway) explored, particularly in fukufics, which tend to go deal with issues around gender , oftentimes in the direction you indicated/bemoan. Not that I don't sometimes like to read fics like Strained Harmony (as structurally/narratively frustrating it can sometimes be) but I am most definitely not going that way.

What a convoluted mess that really doesn't say anything.

I suppose you could possibly have a point if you didn't lock Ranma as a girl so he can have these feelings emerge when you've set this so far ahead that he's been spending time as a girl for the better part of a decade without any of this. But now it's suddenly happening...
So yes, I'm going into this story with contemporary (as in within this decade) notions of gender and sexuality. The curse doesn't magically change anything, but its presence does complicate certain issues which the revelation of Ranma's long ago past, his lineage, and his feelings will bring up.

The curse doesn't magically change anything? Seriously? :shock:
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:10 pm

uragaaru wrote:I meant that one rarely sees the possibility of a male-identified non-heterosexual Ranma

With the totally different body that the curse gives him though this seems very odd. I mean is 'she' not interested in men? Mechanics turn her off perhaps? But 'he' instead is? Little oddly stated since that seemed to clearly not be the case in the previous version of this scene.

LawOhki wrote:if you didn't lock Ranma as a girl so he can have these feelings emerge

I agree with this. This part of the story would have a lot more weight if when Ranma switched back into a man that attraction remained.

LawOhki wrote:The curse doesn't magically change anything? Seriously? :shock:

Pretty sure she just meant in regards to sexual attraction.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes