Usagi very annoying about Mamoru after R Season

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Usagi very annoying about Mamoru after R Season

Postby SailorStar9 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm sorry but I get sick and tired especially through S & SuperS hearing about how much she loves Mamoru and how she has her man and etc. yaddy-yaddy-yah. WE GET IT! It isn't as if Mamoru is even that awesome. While it's fine that she's with him; in Classic season, it was entertaining to see their relationship evolve, but it just got too annoying after S Season.

Well, granted that S was a whole new story, but with Usagi no longer having to struggle to be with Mamoru, she was acting a little obnoxious when boyfriend talk came up.

And of course, this led to one of my favorite funny moments in the S movie when the girls were going on about how great it is to be in love... followed by Usagi going off about how lucky she is... to turn around and see her friends ignoring her and calling her a brat. :D
Chibi-Chibi: Chibi-Chibi

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Re: Usagi very annoying about Mamoru after R Season

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Shipping bed death this is why.

Writers and artists don't know what to do once a couple has gotten together. It's... Boring. A big now what?

Not to mention that girls do that often when theyre in a relationship at that age. :/

It's annoying but expected. Especially since her character development is reset after each season.
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Way back when watching the series... I stopped watching the final seasonabout 8 episodes in for literally a couple years as I just could not bear to constantly hear Usagis whinning... it grated on the nerves A LOT... got tired of putting in my series notes 'Usagi is whinning again'... Finally I broke down and watched it in 3 episode chunks until the last 10 eps... then had a marathon session to finish the series off...

I actually was *never* a fan of Sailor moon, yet to this day I have the entire animated series, all 5 seasons, the specials, and 3 movies. I picked it up on the cheap shortly after the Pioneer changeover to Geneon. I got it and watched it all because back then the sheer number of Ranma and Sailor Moon crossover stories made me whant to know the background series and I watched it and took notes.

One thing that seems clear to me. Had their bond from a past life not actively interfered, and had he not been Tuxedo Mask. They NEVER would have gotten together because quite frankly they hated each other. I call that bond not some form of love or destiny or fate or romance, but for all intents a slave bond. And one of the few things I actually feel sorry for Mamoru over.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:00 am

One thing that seems clear to me. Had their bond from a past life not actively interfered, and had he not been Tuxedo Mask. They NEVER would have gotten together because quite frankly they hated each other.

Correction, they were too aware of each other. It´s not the same thing even if it can look like it.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:59 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:One thing that seems clear to me. Had their bond from a past life not actively interfered, and had he not been Tuxedo Mask. They NEVER would have gotten together because quite frankly they hated each other. I call that bond not some form of love or destiny or fate or romance, but for all intents a slave bond. And one of the few things I actually feel sorry for Mamoru over.

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference." -- Elie Wiesel

Usagi/Moon and Mamoru/Tux were never indifferent to one another.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference." -- Elie Wiesel

That depends on the scale used...
Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Usagi/Moon and Mamoru/Tux were never indifferent to one another.

Maybe in manga... In anime I merely need to point to the iinitial civilian form meetings...

In any case, it is all opinion anyway.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:09 pm

I hate both of them. Everything else is fine but Usagi and tux boy just... Uhhhg...
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon