Fanfiction Quotes you had to share.

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Fanfiction Quotes you had to share.

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Need a little work on your link. The syntax is {url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5869588/57/}Link Text{/url}
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:40 pm

As a Off Topic FYI:

Spokavriel wrote: Need a little work on your link. The syntax is {url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5869588/57/}Link Text{/url}

Actually, while that is the officially correct format for BBCode... or close enough... I've found that the official version not not have as widespread acceptance on all forums as the unofficail relaxed version...

Text {url} URL {/url}

Or even simply paste the link Raw, the forum will either interpret it correctly as a link, or it will even in some cases add the codes for you.

I recently had to revert back to the relaxed version due to some forums not accepting it correctly. Which while knowing it is wrong, does not help get the links to display correctly.

It is one of several reasons I've always displayed my links the way I have over the years. whether TXT, HTML, XML, BBC, or OPML, the links will come through in a post or text editor.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:08 pm

I just press the URL button...
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Fun... the URL button is inserting markup that the site is refusing to parse. That's an annoying bug.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:52 pm

?_?

Huh?

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:00 pm

[url]This Button is doing it wrong[/url] I guess you could still use it but you need to add =and your URL into the first {url} bracket.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Um... using it makes it like this...

http://www.fukufics.com/index.php

That's not bad...

But,

fukufics looks better. I agree.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 pm

“Oi cuz, some­one phoned for ya. A bird, and she sounds pretty skelp­ing mad.”

“Thanks, Dud­ley.” Harry said, ac­cept­ing the cord­less phone hand­set his cousin was vaguely wav­ing at him.

“Hi, Harry here.”

“Harry James Pot­ter, you have got a lot of bloody ex­plain­ing to do!” came a re­sound­ingly pissed-​off Hermione Granger voice. “I have just been jumped on by three house elves in gas masks and slapped with wet kip­pers to the point I can’t sit down, and from what they were yelling it’s YOUR FAULT!”

Harry re­moved the hand­set from his ear and gave it a quizzi­cal look.

“What.” he said. “The. Fuck?”
"The Book of Dobby: Per Arcana ad Astra" by Doghead Thirteen
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:03 am

random quotes from Guardian by Black Dragon6
Sunday was not a day that Asuka liked. In fact, you could say that Asuka hated Sundays.

Of course, she had a good reason to hate it. While most people were at home relaxing, she was at work, trying to control the miserable group of human beings that through some fallacy in their legal system, had become police officers. Plus it came right before Monday, which everybody hated.

This is a LIVER!! Not a brain! Dammit, you've seen more dead bodies than Dr. Kevorkian and you still can't identify major organs!

"A woman's mind is a terrible, ancient mystery. One of those mysteries that we've never been able to unlock or understand, and possibly never will. Like geometry."

and well it late so I'm posting this for now.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:02 am

BD is always good for decent quotes :)
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Minerva McGonnagall sat and stared at the parchment before her, she hated to admit it but she was perplexed by what she'd just seen as she'd never seen or heard anything like it happening before. The list of names of the latest crop of potential students for Hogwarts was usually set for eleven years before the owls with their invitations were sent. Names of newborns appeared all the time, and some even disappeared if the child died but names of eleven year old children did not just appear on the parchment, and certainly not a full grown adult who was untrained in magic. That was where her problem lay, she had both on her hands and wasn't quite sure how to handle it.

The lad was eleven according to the list and in accordance with the rules of the ministry she'd sent the Hogwarts acceptance letter. The other unusual thing was that the other name kept fading in and out, another thing she'd never seen in her time as deputy headmistress. The fading name wasn't that of a potential student though because 'he', was in his mid thirties and Hogwarts was not renowned for its adult training facilities….there were remedial tutors for such things, with the usual stigma attached that would deem the student to be below par.

It had been twelve days since the boys birthday and yet none of the owls she'd sent out had returned with a reply or at all for that matter, to be perfectly frank she was worried about the situation. Minerva felt uneasy, an unspecified sense of dread where these two were concerned. Not to mention the fact that their current address was truly strange, it stated, River Thames near – and then stated the name of the nearest town or village. From what she could tell they were travelling up the course of the river by boat and making fairly good time too. Not that it really mattered all that much, the address was only for the purpose of placing on the envelope and had nothing to do with the owls that had been sent. Owls homed in on a person's aura rather like a pigeon could always find its way home.
"Be that as it may Albus I'd still like to know. That's not the only thing either, since the boys birthday twelve days ago I have sent out eleven owls, none of which have returned, I'm currently contemplating whether I should send another."

"Hmmm, that is a puzzle, I suggest that you send one more owl and if no response is forthcoming then we should make a personal approach."

"Is that wise? We don't know anything about these people, even their names are unfamiliar," she lamented, the family name wasn't even close to any family that she'd heard of in Europe.
"Quiet down boy, I thought you said you were cold? If that's the case why aren't you sitting by the fire drying out? Do you think I'll take it easy on you just because you foolishly got sick?" That seemed to work as the ld headed for the cheery flames amidst the darkening forest. Ranma was almost halfway to the fire when he caught the smell of roasting meat. It was unusual enough that Ranma was actually impressed with the fact that his pops had managed to supplement their diet of rice with some of the local fauna when he normally wasn't a very good hunter.

"Hey cool, you caught another one. I dunno pops, they must be real easy to catch."

"Hn," Genma grunted something non-committal since if he were being honest it really was easy to catch them and the little blighters brought their own kindling with them as well. He knew he'd get more respect from the boy if he believed it was skill rather than the creatures flying right up to him and shaking a leg at him. The local wildlife was insane if you asked him and he was doing them a favour to put them out of their misery.
Wild Horse of Hogwarts, Chapter 1
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Okay... that last one sounds like an interesting one to read :)
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:44 pm

It sadly still has only two chapters even with it being a great start. No addition since 2009 after only a 4 month span between chapters.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Spokavriel wrote: It sadly still has only two chapters even with it being a great start. No addition since 2009 after only a 4 month span between chapters.

Not exactly a good sign then.

Hmm, last time the author updated ANY-thing was 29th May 2010... :(

Did look a bit interesting.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 am

more quotes from Guardian
Is there any here who feel they are unable to shoot, and kill, a former friend?
"Bah!" Snake scoffed, "laws are people who don't have guns!"
Oh, I don't know. Maybe I'd just held some hope that there was a vestige of mercy and humanity left within you, and that you could escape the situation without killing anyone.
This has gone on long enough! It's time we remind these bastards why our own government thought we were too dangerous to keep around!
Okay, look at it this way; as secular terrorists rather than religious fanatics, we get to use advanced weapons and heinous monsters in combat, rather than strapping bombs to our bodies and hoping that God will appreciate our efforts.
What is this word 'sober', and why does it fill me with fear and loathing?
You know, I don't know which is worse," Ranma commented as he grabbed two of the cage's iron bars and bent them outward, "that all the horrible things you say are true, or that all the horrible things you do work out for the best.

its gotten late again.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs