Cliched Fantasy - Art Thread

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Cliched Fantasy - Art Thread

Postby LawOhki » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Wanted to try more of a simplified style based around how Rumiko did a lot of quick scenes.

The setup for the image is that Kasumi is trying to perform a spell, it'll be hanging in the air between them, and Ranma is trying to be supportive. Kasumi isn't exactly sure about her ability. Unfortunately the second panel will be Ranma all blackened from it exploding. Finally got the urge to do something to show off Kasumi's look in this story, and it's also a rare instance of Ranma going with small wings.

Finally got done with the lineart and some base colors. I think that's enough for today. Not sure if Kasumi's skin is too tan or if it's just the white background, Ranma's skin tone is the same as what I used in that last one I posted.

Last edited by LawOhki on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Re: Cliched Fantasy - Kasumi practicing

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:05 am

For an early version it looks good, though Kasumi looks a little upset rather than uncertain.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:02 am

So, Kasumi has blonde hair in this story? I never noticed or I simply forgot.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:12 am

J. St.C. Patrick wrote:For an early version it looks good, though Kasumi looks a little upset rather than uncertain.

She's both, because she's really not very good, though I'm going to redo her hair so it's more canon Kasumi. Maybe try to hide the horns a bit.

Dumbledork wrote:So, Kasumi has blonde hair in this story? I never noticed or I simply forgot.

Probably forgot, it's mentioned when she first appears and I continue to use it as a reference to her. Since like Ranma, it's a very strange color.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Re: Cliched Fantasy - Art Thread

Postby LawOhki » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Another image I'm working on. Originally it was going to be Ranma about to kill Ladon but then I realized that she's supposed to have Kiima's armor on and I didn't feel like redoing it. So it'll be just Ranma semi-casting the same spell. Wings appear a bit too bright for some reason.

How Ranma's swords name is written.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Re: Cliched Fantasy - Art Thread

Postby talonhunter » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:57 pm

You could soften the color with some shading along the wing folds a bit of silver will also pull the brightness out as well
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art