Herrow

If you're new to the forum create a topic introducing yourself here. You can also post topics announcing your return.

Herrow

Postby Phoenix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:12 pm

As the site rises from the ashes so does the phoenix.

I'm an old member but I haven't been active on the forum for many years. Thought I would give it another go and with it comes the the mandatory introduction. I doubt anyone still remembers this nick but a few should know me as kitten from irc.

I've yet to actually get into writing but I'm an avid reader with a focus on ranma fanfiction (mainly ranma-chan). Used to read a lot but I've cut down on it since i started studying. I'm doing computer engineering (bachelors) with a focus on computer science for those interested. So actually i do quite a lot of writing, to bad reading source code isn't as exciting..

I'm from Sweden so English isn't my native but I consider myself pretty proficient considering its a second language. you're welcome to correct my spelling/grammar since I'm always looking to improve.

Anyway, time will tell if this turns into a short visit or a longtime stay. Looking forward to seeing some old and new faces :)
Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/6534/3/0/1/ -Your source for onna ranma fics.
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Re: Herrow

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Phoenix wrote:I've yet to actually get into writing but I'm and avid reader with a focus on ranma fanfiction (mainly ranma-chan). Used to read a lot but I've cut down on it since i started studying. I'm doing computer engineering (bachelors) with a focus on computer science for those interested. So actually i do quite a lot of writing, to bad reading source code isn't as exciting..
Welcome back, I too had spent some time away from the site, only visiting occasionally untill the crash caught my attention and now Im back. Anyway just wanted to say you should visit my site as it has a lot of ranma-chan stories listed so there might be one you've not read before.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Phoenix wrote:As the site rises from the ashes so does the phoenix.

English may not be your native tongue, but at least you can spell "phoenix". I weary of those who spell it "pheonix".
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:English may not be your native tongue, but at least you can spell "phoenix". I weary of those who spell it "pheonix".
Could be using a spellchecker which I as a native English speaker uses extensively. Then again anybody could spell better than me so maybe not.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Phoenix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:12 pm

jasonjkay wrote:Welcome back, I too had spent some time away from the site, only visiting occasionally untill the crash caught my attention and now Im back. Anyway just wanted to say you should visit my site as it has a lot of ranma-chan stories listed so there might be one you've not read before.

Hey, I had a look at your site yesterday. Its a great list, good job :)

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:English may not be your native tongue, but at least you can spell "phoenix". I weary of those who spell it "pheonix".

Actually, in ancient times I too spelled it "pheonix". Then the forum thankfully rebooted and i could correct my mistake, aww the shame ;)

jasonjkay wrote:Could be using a spellchecker which I as a native English speaker uses extensively. Then again anybody could spell better than me so maybe not.

spellcheck + google helps a lot. A great way to spot and correct reoccurring mistakes.

------
I'm not a grammar police or anything but its something i would be concerned about if i actually tried my hand at fanfiction.
Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Having any luck getting Ranchan's Hideout online again?
Don't forget to check the rules I'm pretty sure there has been at least one if not two additions since you were actively posting.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Phoenix wrote:Hey, I had a look at your site yesterday. Its a great list, good job :)
:mrgreen: Yay thanks for that, I love hearing people like my site.
Spokavriel wrote: Having any luck getting Ranchan's Hideout online again?
Don't forget to check the rules I'm pretty sure there has been at least one if not two additions since you were actively posting.
Um rules, what rules? Only joking, I must admit ive never actually looked at the rules but i assume its along the lines of no insulting and staying on topic for that particular section and post, which I mostly follow so I don't think ive ever gotten into trouble.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Phoenix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Having any luck getting Ranchan's Hideout online again?

Hey spok :D

Hah, no that site is long since dead and buried, resurrected, staked and burned.
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:34 pm

So its just waiting for someone to come along and resurrect it with a ritual using the blood of its greatest enemy.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Morsning.

It´s rather amazing how many more suddenly got active on the forum...

I've yet to actually get into writing but I'm and avid reader

Meh, just try write something. Never thought i would write myself, but after crossing the paths of some really quite bad fanfics, either in overall quality or in language and noting that they still manage to get quite a lot of likes, well there´s clearly room for me as well then, so now i AM writing. :wink:
Which reminds me, still not done with next chapter on big fic.

English may not be your native tongue, but at least you can spell "phoenix". I weary of those who spell it "pheonix".

Oh the horror... I mean, at least those native with the language, it should be soooo obvious that the wrong spelling IS wrong, just try say the word -fay-o-nics-... That´s a word that just doesn´t work...
Well, at least the Swedish spelling is simple, -fenix-.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Phoenix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Tjenixen!

Never thought i would write myself, but after crossing the paths of some really quite bad fanfics, either in overall quality or in language and noting that they still manage to get quite a lot of likes, well there´s clearly room for me as well then, so now i AM writing. :wink:.

Very true. I'm working myself up to it and perhaps one day ill be able to compete with such great epics like "my immortal" :) .

Spokavriel wrote: So its just waiting for someone to come along and resurrect it with a ritual using the blood of its greatest enemy.

Ah, perhaps one day, who knows :)
Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Yo! I think I remember you. There were two phoenixes way back in the day, though. I think the other was Mirai-Phoenix?

Something like that. My memory's not very reliable.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Phoenix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Hey crescent! glad to see you're still around :o

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Yo! I think I remember you. There were two phoenixes way back in the day, though. I think the other was Mirai-Phoenix?

Something like that. My memory's not very reliable.

That sounds about right, there was me and mirai back then.
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 am

A belated welcome to the site then :)
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Phoenix » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:11 am

Hey thanks neko!

I better start posting some more or ill have to come back here and make another introduction thread :mrgreen:
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Introductions