Touhou Project

Talk about Video and Tabletop Games here.

Re: Touhou Project

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:48 pm

I finished the entirety of IaMP on Easy (except for Marisa, which I finished on normal). I just have one complaint:

How in blazes is Reimu's final card a legit pattern for a fighting game?! :evil:

Anyway it was taking up space, so I cleared it off the system after I was done.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Do you mean this one?

Awwww. Poor thing. So, what's next on your menu? I'm still too busy with writing to play anything more just yet.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Even though it wasn't too long ago when I got into Touhou, I can't seem to remember exactly what motivated me to try it out. I've known about Touhou for ages, though, since fan-art for it is hard to miss if you frequently browse various image boards and the like. Oh, wait, I think it was because of Chibi-Reaper's crossover with Ranma and Touhou. Duh.

I still mostly play on easy modes, sometimes normal, partly because I don't play them often enough to build upon my skill. What I like about it, even though it's kind of weird, is that the challenge doesn't frustrate me. I'm not exactly sure why that is, particularly in regard to the ninth game, which has a lot more random bullets to deal with yet is one of my favorites.

The Scarlet Devil team is the one team that I shy away from, since Remilia's form of attack is a bit beyond my ability to utilize well. I mostly prefer the border and ghost teams, followed by the other one that I forgot the name of (with Marisa and Alice). I generally prefer a homing shot to a narrow, penetrating or spread kind, but I don't mind if my focus attack isn't a homing shot.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:17 pm

That's because I have a terrible memory, so it only does me any good if the boss plans to stay still during one of the attack or spell card phases. Otherwise I probably won't remember where the boss is going to be and the bullets will already be flying when I find out, and I don't move toward the upper half of the screen all that often unless I have a good idea of what to expect. Subterranean Animism and Ten Desires are probably the only games I've played enough times to be that brave. XD
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:55 pm

Oh, wait, then maybe I had it confused with one of Marisa's attacks from... Mountain of Faith? I thought Remilia had that blue flame thing that you leave in position. (See what I mean with my memory? X_X)
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:29 am

Nuuuu! You cad! Of the senshi variety! >:O

Besides... I could just say I did it. What then? I mean, you could ask for a video as proof, sure, but that wouldn't be fair since I doubt I have video-making stuff, and even if I did I haven't the faintest clue on how to make one. Really, it'd be too much trouble for both of us, so let's say you spontaneously channel Shikamaru and give my license back? :D
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:17 am

I don't know what stages you're referring to, or what they have to do with anything, but couldn't I just watch a video on Youtube to find out? XD

I'll probably try it out anyway, but I'm reluctant to since the controller (yes, I use a controller) I used to use acquired issues with its left analog (always moving down), and the PS3 controller seems to randomly act like I'm not holding down buttons. It happens fast in a twitchy sort of way, so it's really annoying with the Marisa/Patchouli combo in Subterranean Animism (the attack styles switching, and having to switch them back... until the next time), and it gets me killed too often in Great Fairy Wars (since it messes up both the charge and when I release it once I get it charged).
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:01 am

But what counts as a first run? Just with that specific team? Because I've finished it with the other three teams, and in other games it seems that doing that changes stuff regardless of what characters I use.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:38 am

Do you mean this one?

Awwww. Poor thing. So, what's next on your menu? I'm still too busy with writing to play anything more just yet.

Yes. That's the one exactly. I was on a roll up until I reached that card. Then after I did a bit of damage, I lost three or four of my health bars straight away. I was able to finish the fight before I lost the last of them, but I was rather angry afterwards.

I suppose I ought to play the PC-98 games some more. And someone at another forum suggested something I could try when it comes to beating IN's Extra Stage, so maybe I could do that (Keine's been frustrating me for a while, so I haven't played the game seriously since I finished my last fanfic).

What I really want to focus on is that Touhou/Marx Brothers story I mentioned at Spamville, though.

I use the Scarlet Devil Team exclusively. With this team, I can complete a 0cc run on normal, and am able to make it to (but not complete) Kaguya on hard mode. In Lunatic mode, I have been able to sometimes make it to Eirin.

I was able to pull off a Lunatic run on IN not long ago, but it required two continues from me. Now, if someone had told me a year ago that I'd be saying that, well... just read my comments at the start of the thread. :P
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Games