Google +

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Google +

Postby DCG » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Hey every body.

Just wondering if there's any one around using google+

And if so any curious ideas on how to use it for ff stuff?
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Re: Google +

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:38 pm

My suggestion is don't. They word their license agreements giving them technical ownership of anything written in it. That way if they say delete your information they say they were only dealing with their own property its kinda disgusting.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Spok and the anti-Google hate. I have an account, but haven't seen anything it does that's overly interesting nor have I delved into it's features. That said I would trust Google more with my personal data then Facebook...But then I don't have a 'real' Facebook account since I faked it all but needed it for 'social networking with my co-workers according to School Administration'.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Facebook is currently just as bad. It wasn't when I signed up but if you agree to or even decline instead of canceling out of some of the advanced security features it starts using any device you use to connect with Facebook to track you. They even openly admit it. They use the Wifi access points around you so they can send you advertising for businesses you pass! I'm sorry but I don't like companies that want to know my every move. Even if I do use them that doesn't mean I trust them.

Read the entire license agreements and make your own decision but don't put anything on either one that you would want to retain ownership of.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:24 pm

The tracking thing isn't what scares me. Facebook and Google+ have the ability to ruin lives due to drunk posting, inappropriate pictures, and how cross-referenced it makes everything. That's the scary part. Tracking for ads is a silly worry. They don't use GPS they use a cell tower or at best Wifi triangulation/IP central office location and that is by no means exact. Having that tracked unless you've really got something to hide shouldn't be the thing to worry about.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:33 pm

So you are saying because it can be inaccurate in rural areas you don't care that they keep a log of all the locations basically making a history of all your travels with any wireless device you use to access Facebook?

I'm sorry but I'm with John Spartan here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz4OIjNvN0Q Your code is your cell phone number.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby DCG » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 pm

So im guessing thats a "no" on the fanfiction circle huh?

Ahh well..
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Not exactly. Just saying that you can if you don't mind Google owning it and helping enforce other peoples copyrights if it ever gets mentioned to them. Including all fines the legal system says that should entail.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk