Your Top Favorite Anime/Manga?

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Your Top Favorite Anime/Manga?

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:43 am

Pretty much, it's just a random question. What would be your top 10 or so favorite anime?

As for mine, at the moment it'd be...

1. One Piece
2. Slayers
3. Dr. Slump
4. Konjiki no Gash Bell
5. Kinnikuman
6. Pretty Cure
7. Space Pirate Captain Harlock
8. Space Battleship Yamato
9. Revolutionary Girl Utena
10. Gintama

Special Mention: Gold Digger. If put on the list, it'd be in my top four.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Re: Your Top Favorite Anime/Manga?

Postby frice2000 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:06 am

1. Slayers
2. (since you named it as a honorable mention I'll actually toss it on the list) Gold Digger
3. Dragon Half
4. Bubble Gum Crisis
5. Full Metal Panic
6. AMG
7. Kiddy Grade
8. Ranma
9. Patlabor
10. Those Who Hunt Elves (season 1 I willfully forget Season 2's existence)
11. Love Hina

Honorable mention since I've only seen them fairly recently and don't know if it'll stick in my memory like the others on the list above: Black Lagoon, School Rumble, Wagaya no Oinari-sama, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Seto no Hanayome, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Nanoha, Galaxy Angel.
'Gateway' Anime that holds a special place in my heart even though I'm no longer a fan of canon: Sailor Moon.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:58 am

In no particular order:

Ranma (manga; not too fond of the anime)
PMMM (anime; manga has me unimpressed)
NGEvangelion (anime; haven't read the manga)
Love Hina (both manga and anime, for different reasons)
DBZ (in small doses, preferably on DVD so that I can fast forward)
.hack (first series only; the others sucked mighty balls)
Robotech (Macross saga only, although Minmei is still a bitch)
Voltes V (for shaping my childhood)
Galaxy Angel (haven't seen the later seasons though)
Azumanga Daioh (I saw the DVD on at mall _twice_ and for some unfathomable reason I didn't buy it)

honorable mention:

Full Metal Alchemist (first series only; haven't read the manga or Brotherhood)
Ruroni Kenshin (anime only in small doses; haven't read the manga)
Sailor Moon (anime only; manga makes my eyes bleed)
Gatekeepers (first series only)
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:52 pm

In no particular order (manga, not anime)

1) Skip Beat
2) Saint Seiya
3) One Piece
4) Kimagure Orange Road
5) City Hunter
6) Azumanga Daioh
7) Hayate the Combat Butler
8) School Rumble
9) Hokuto no Ken
10) Slam Dunk
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Anime:

1: Galaxy Angel

In no particular order: Kei-on, Aria, Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou, Magical Project S, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Di Gi Charat Nyo, Hayate no Gotoku, Shugo Chara... (That's all that comes to mind at the moment.)

Manga:

1: Dragon Half

In no particular order: Ranma 1/2, Hayate X Blade, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Aa! Megami-sama!, Hayate no Gotoku, Magic Knight Rayearth, Shugo Chara, Slayers... (I wonder if I'm forgetting anything... <_<; )
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:52 pm

My favorites are mostly anime - manga can be okay, but they seldom really 'click' for me.

Aria
Yokohama Shopping Log (Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou)
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Sailor Moon
Cardcaptor Sakura
Ouran High School Host Club
Azumanga Daioh
Maria-sama ga Miteru
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Aoi Hana
Porco Rosso
My Neighbor Totoro (love that catbus!)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Cheb » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:43 am

1 Dragon Ball & DBZ-Kai
2 One Piece
3 Zipang - sadly, the anime ended halfway down the plot, without any satisfying ending or resolution. The manga goes further and is being translated by fans but it didn't even reach Guadalcanal yet :cry: That's one third of the anime.
4 Tengen-Toppa Gurren Lagann
5 Dirty Pair (1985)
6 Slayers
7 Sailor Moon
8 Ranma manga (anime sucks :x )
9 Tetsujin 28-go (2004) - both an awesome stylization recreating the look and feel of the 1950s comic, and a brutal deconstruction.
10 Uninhabited_Planet_Survive!
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 pm

my faves os anime......

movies anything from miazike(pocca rossa, castle in the sky,ec)

tv series...oh my goddess( i al working out the paint job of my soon to be done race car in her goddess outfit colors and with her being a pic on the hood of the car....along with fake anime sponors from anime buinesses and military groups.........)

other cool animes i like.....riding bean and gun smith cats(i live north of the windy city), intail d, ranma, dirty pair, robotech, city hunter, tenchi, way to many other series to say right now...sigh....
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:32 pm

And now for tonight's top ten list!

#10, knocking Mobile Fighter G Gundam off the list, is Azumanga Daioh. Tomo and Sakaki had something to do with this, I figure.

#9, Detective Conan. I'm not sure how this show got my attention, but at any rate it's here to stay.

#8, Sailor Moon. Have to give props to the second anime I've ever seen (the first one appeared on the Nick Jr. block long before I learned what the term meant, and I don't remember much of it). Thank you, Luna.

#7, One Piece. Super.

#6, Outlaw Star. I kinda wish I'd started watching this show before it cropped up on the Adult Swim block back in '02-'03. I probably would've been able to get more recordings of it, but oh well.

#5, Slayers. This show, above all the others, permanently hooked me on anime's fishing rod. I began watching this on the International Channel back in 2002, one thing led to another, and here I am.

#4, Pokemon. Can't really say why.

#3, Zoids: New Century Zero. Was thunderstruck by the Lightning Saix (wasn't the first episode of the show I watched, just one of my favorites).

#2, Dragon Ball Z. Much like shows #9 and #4, I'm not entirely sure what led me to watch this regularly (and, to my knowledge, it's the only anime that my older brother has ever watched). As of now, it's a tossup between Vegeta and the Ginyu Force.

And, #1... drum roll, please... ... ...Samurai Pizza Cats. I saw two episodes while they were on the air (school prevented me from seeing the rest), did some more digging into the series a few years later when I was granted Internet access, and from there the whole thing just snowballed. It's one of the few series where I can honestly say that I have a comprehensive knowledge of the show.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Oh, yeah. I forgot to include Gokudo(-kun Manyūki). It's fairly entertaining, and Gokudo ends up being a girl for nearly half of the anime series. To anyone who likes Slayers, I recommend taking a look at it.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:24 pm

1) Evangelion - Simply put, it's the series that got me introduced to anime, it was the first that showed that cartoons can be non-comical and for adults as well, and I have to say Hidaki Anno did a disturbingly realistic job at the end of it going from a science fiction drama with occasional comedy to keep it somewhat light-hearted to an all out mind#@*(.

2) One Piece - Another show that does a good job of going from being relatively (in this case actually, far more than relatively) light and comedic to . I believe one of the biggest things that really got me hooked to it ultimately was the almost fairy tale like art style is a very intriguing replacement to the usual anime style (no offence)

3) Ranma 1/2 - I don't know just what got me hooked into it. I just originally saw one episode with Happosai at an anime convention before and thought to myself "A two foot monkey look alike that steals women's underwear? WTF, is this amusing." So I decided to read/watched it, and somehow went from finding it hilarious to actually finding myself commonly starting to get interested in the characters. I have to say, it's one of the few shows that has gotten me to truly sympathise with or despise the same character depending on the moment.

4) Key the Metal Idol - Kind of like Evengelion with a distinct flare, even if the last two episodes did go sort of downhill. I heard people mention that the fact that it was based on the music industry was a great drawback, but to be fair I actually found the fact that a series was a science fiction and was able to relate it to something besides just an apocolyptic warfare as usual as a pleasant and original albeit possibly overly feminine addition to the story. Key, Miho, Suichi, and Sakura were all very likeable albeit flawed and at times dangerously naive and Ajo, D, Snake Eyes, Tamari, and Tsurugi were all villains that added much to the plot, likeable or not. All in all I find this to be one of the most underrated animes in the world and I'm sick of no one knowing about it and the lack of a fan base to relate to.

5) Cowboy Bebop - Another alternately comical and dramatic series. I'm really not sure what I like so much about it, but it just has a certain gritty feel to it.

6) Welcome to the NHK - A show of the Japanese equivalent of basement dwellers that I just found relating too well with a particularly nasty stage of my own life. I found most of the characters were actually very easy to relate to in some way due to the more down to earth storyline (other than the fact that the main character is completely delusional of course). It's not a series about a superpowered martial artist who can turn into a girl, an autistic robot who wants to be human, or rubber people who want to be pirates. It's just about four or five real life "losers" in modern non-apocolyptic (pre March 2011) Japan needing to get their you know what together and the way they each go about it.

7) Dragonball (Original) - The original for when the series was just pure ridiculous fun. When a pre-teen boy can single-handedly wipe out a professional army, when Pilaf and crew were still around, and Ki attacks actually felt like they meant something.

8 ) Berserk (More the manga) - another one that gets extra points for the original art style, also for the simple fact that it does not hold back on adult detail. The plot probably isn't quite as engrossing as some of the top ones though.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Anime / Manga