HeyZeus on a stick...

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Re: HeyZeus on a stick...

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Sat May 07, 2011 5:50 am

I don't know if this will work for you any better than Amazon, but the Canadian book seller Chapters/Indigo shows that it has 14 used copies of Tokyo Mew Mew book 1 for sale - ranging in price from CDN $5.29 to the absurd price of $90.88.
I've ordered many books from them and got the complete set of Futaba Kun Change from their used book section -
And while called used many I've recieved were in new condition.
The books seem to come from all over not just Canadian stores - a couple I received were from stores in the US.

I have had them cancel orders on me too - but it may be worth looking into.

Chapters/Indigo home page: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/

Search for Tokyo Mew Mew: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/search/?keywords=tokyo%20mew%20mew&pageSize=12

Search page for used copies of TMM 1: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/usedbooks/Tokyo-Mew-Mew-Mia-Ikumi-Reiko-Yoshida/159182236X-rare.html
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 am

Oh, yeah. Third time I was sent the wrong book. This time, though, they sent the first volume of Tokyo Mew Mew: A La Mode.

At least their aim is improving, I suppose. ;/
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:13 am

Maybe for that volume you are going to have to go to convention seller rooms and find it used that way. And yes it will be too expensive.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 am

I rarely leave the house, for any reason, so a convention isn't a viable option for me. Once the latest mix-up gets handled (and getting a refund), I'm going to try a seller at Amazon one more time. (Although the latest seller hasn't yet responded, and it's been a week and a half.) If that doesn't work out, I'll try the source that Pat shared. Hopefully I won't need to go any further than that. :?
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Dragonicsoul wrote:
I wish that I could be more help, but I'd have to say try a convention. I've had to resort to finding Ranma at conventions, because I can't find it in stores anymore. Whether or not they'll have it is up in the air, but at least you'll be certain that you're getting the right book.

Why? Considering Viz keep publishing and republishing Ranma so it was easy to find it on their site and rightstuf's site. Did you just not want to buy it online? Or would your local book store just not order it in?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shinji: Well suppose some mysterious entities were attacking, and
Asuka:Oh please, Baka Shinji, that sounds like some cheap, pseudo-profound T.V. show. Low budget. Ambiguous ending.
-Asuka and Shinji discussing why you would build a giant robot. NGE: Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol.6
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:41 pm

You still looking for this book? I just rediscovered where I put my entire Tokyo Mew Mew collection. Have all the books including Ala Mode if you need that too in pretty much perfect condition. Just PM me and we can work stuff out if you still need it, I'd be willing to get rid of them.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:48 pm

If you're willing to get rid of them you might as well try to sell them as a set, since I only need one book (well, three, since I ended up with the first book of A La Mode instead of the one I've been after).
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Tell you what. I have a couple conventions to do my Karaoke show at thru November, the first being in Tuscon at the end of July. Pm me the titles you want to find and I will pin them down for a reasonable price...( I deal with the vendors room a lot due to power issues at the show as well) ok...p^_^q
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Don't be silly. I couldn't ask someone to do that! :O
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 pm

You didnt ask, I offered to do it...p^_^q
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 pm

The details don't matter. ;p I'd rather you not go out of your way for me.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:46 pm

I was planning on donating them to a local middle school where they love shojou manga. All I'd ask for if you want them is shipping and half list price at maximum.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 pm

The middle-schoolers are probably better off with them than I am. ;p Thanks, though. I'm hoping my luck will change this time... I mean, four wrong shipments in a row would probably mean that there's a conspiracy going on. :O
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

Or your local pizzeria. Either will do fine.

Yes. The Tokyo Mew Mew saga has come to an end, for I ordered one that didn't get canceled, lost, mistaken with something else, or used as toilet paper by a platypus. Blast those infernal platypodes...
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Other Talk