Ranma -- Outsider POV

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma -- Outsider POV

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:36 am

One of my favorite styles of writing is an outsider POV. That is, the story is told from the viewpoint of a minor or original character(s), but for whom the story itself doesn't revolve around. Examples would be not even jimmy olsen.

I was wondering if there were any Ranma stories written like that.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Ranma -- Outsider POV

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:15 am

You are looking for a fanfic version of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead? I cannot remember any, though that proves nothing.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Similar, but not quite. More like "nerima in the eyes of people you've never seen in the manga/random dude" or maybe "nerima in the eyes of the old lady that splashes water on the street". Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead is a bit twilght-zony.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:28 pm

I think it might be better told from Yuka and Saiyuri's eyes. After all they were the most frequently reused background characters in the Manga.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Deric » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I think it might be better told from Yuka and Saiyuri's eyes. After all they were the most frequently reused background characters in the Manga.

No idea if it's still online anywhere, but you might try Ordinary by Donny Cheng. It makes Yuka a main character in the beginning and end, but the middle is pretty much an outsider's view of the NWC.
Some people work to achieve peace and harmony.
I'm not one of them.
Deric
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 pm

It is:

RANMA 'Ordinary' by Donny Cheng - [Notice=Graphic Material] - [Dld Date=10/08/2004] - [Dld Size=75kb] - [Status=Inactive]

There are plenty of others really, as a lot of outsiders see Ranma in his life in various fan fiction.

For example... a couple arcs of the following:
R-MULTI 'Not Another SI Fic' by Enigmatic Magus-T Kagato - [Dld Date=12/20/2009] - [Dld Size=1501kb] - [Dld Files=56] - [Status=Inactive]
And how about portions of:
R-MULTI 'Never Negociate with the Ice Queen' by NomadicOne - [Dld Date=04/07/2006] - [Dld Size=833kb] - [Dld Files=9] - [Status=Complete]
A small portion of the folloing has a elf watching snippets of his life, always missing the punchline
R-RS 'Rune Soldier Ranma' by Animeaddiction - [Dld Date=07/26/2006] - [Dld Size=527kb] - [Dld Files=11] - [Status=Inactive]
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search