HeyZeus on a stick...

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

HeyZeus on a stick...

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:20 pm

I can't believe this shit... On December 31st, I ordered all seven Tokyo Mew Mew graphic novels. Books two through seven eventually came in. The first time I ordered the first book (with the others), the seller found out that they no longer had it in stock, after they'd already subtracted the cost from my account. Next I ordered (what I thought was) from a stateside seller, which instead turned out to be the one from the UK that I thought I turned away from, giving it a month to a month and a half to get here. It shipped, but it never arrived, and the order was canceled; the entire process of which took nine or so weeks. I tried ordering it again, but the seller only had one and someone else had ordered it just before I did, and again the order was canceled. I tried yet another seller, and now, three and a half months in, the latest seller shipped... Love Hina volume ten.

I've never had the wrong thing shipped to me before. Ironically, when my mother asked me if my book had finally come in (this is before I opened the package, as I was giving her the rest of the mail), I said, "yeah. Unless they somehow managed to send the wrong book."

Is it so much to ask, to want to read Tokyo Mew Mew? Why must it be this way, with the other six books sitting on my shelf, mocking me. It's bad enough that both the Cardcaptor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth omnibuses were delayed by six-plus months. :x

I'd understand if coming into contact with the first book would lead to the end of the world, but come on!
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: HeyZeus on a stick...

Postby TerraEpon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:49 pm

I've been having mail troubles lately, both in stuff never arriving, and getting the wrong thing. It's quite annoying.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:10 am

I swear to god... I'm going to have to go through every single problem imaginable before I get this book. What's the problem this time? I don't even know! There's enough money in the bank, so I can definitely afford it. The seller has the book back for sale on Amazon, so they haven't run out. Yet it canceled!

ARGH! >_<
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:19 am

I would say to send the seller a email and ask why they keep canceling your order for that particular item when they show it to be in stock each time and request they send it as soon as it arrives if it is a back order issue they keep refusing to disclose to you when you order. Not to be crass but it keeps frustrating you to the point of making you physically I'll...(which you can tell them if you want to try for a sympathy discount as well...)...^_~
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:19 pm

These are all different sellers. But I sent this one a note, asking what happened, and they said that it was a mistake on their part. And they've sold it to someone else, by now. So... I've made yet another order, this time to one that's listed as being new, rather than used.

Maybe I'll get lucky. ;/
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri May 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm beginning to believe that the first book is a myth. In my latest attempts to get it, I got another string of cancellations which culminated in the wrong book being sent... again! I mean, come on! At this rate I'm willing to believe that Murphy's law exists. >_<
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 06, 2011 8:14 pm

If this online version fits then I believe it does exist it just isn't available in any of the sources you are trying.
Amazon.com says it has more pages.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri May 06, 2011 8:32 pm

I've only been trying at Amazon. I've checked elsewhere, but the places that had it were overpriced. I'm unwilling to pay more than ten bucks for a single book. Unless it happens to be an omnibus edition. I'm just getting tired of seeing books that seem available (and affordable), but turns out to be false. And whenever I find one that makes it past cancellation, the book I get isn't the one that I wanted, which has happened twice out of two times. It's becoming astronomically ridiculous.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 06, 2011 8:38 pm

The US Dollar has been devalued too much for you to reasonably expect to find that book for less than $35. It would be ripping off the seller.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri May 06, 2011 8:45 pm

I don' think the value of the dollar has dropped that much in relation to the yen. <_<

Besides, the pricing seems to be based on availability -- if it's new, anyway. There used to be a ton of used books for a penny, and I had been trying for those. Now I'm aiming in the two to five dollar range. I did try for a new book that was actually under ten dollars, but it was yet another cancellation. ;/
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Fri May 06, 2011 8:48 pm

This, among many other reasons, is why I use scanlations when I want to read manga. If I can't find it in a local store, the publisher isn't trying hard enough to earn my money. :evil:
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri May 06, 2011 11:07 pm

XD

Maybe, maybe... It's just annoyingly frustrating. I resort to scanlations when it comes to availability, usually, but even that is not guaranteed. In Tokyo Mew Mew's case, the group that scanlated it no longer exists, and at the moment mangafox is the only place that I know of where I could read it. Which is a place where I will not go because, among wanting to avoid having my computer catching something nasty there, I don't like its behavior policy-wise, either.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 06, 2011 11:17 pm

By page count they are 100 pages short on Volume 1 anyway.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat May 07, 2011 1:50 am

I wonder if that's the same method used when sharing music as if it were a sample, to avoid a lawsuit. Although it was a long time ago when I last heard anything regarding that, and whether it was really lawful or not.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Next

Return to Other Talk