Poor Student Ranma

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Re: Poor Student Ranma

Postby Konsaki » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:02 am

Lioconvoy wrote:Evidece please. In what story are any of those pointed specifically stated. You're making conclusions. For all we know the Home Ec Teacher gives Akane good grades just so she doesn't repeat the class. Yes we see Akane can't cook, but we have no idea what grades she's gotten.
The quick arc of Akane not being able to swim and the Principal saying whoever cant swim fails PE.
The second is assumed since she sucks at most 'womanly' duties...
The third is also assumed due to her lack of attention to detail when cooking, as basic chemistry is just another form of cooking.

BTW, Lioconvoy, interesting... chassis your avatar has. :roll:
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:19 am

I'd advise not reasoning with Zwzn any further on the matter. If Akane thinks that her grade was "so-so" (as in: it's okay; there's nothing to be worried about) yet he reasons it's a "bad grade" and she was[...]

There's my better advice: say "No" to the trolls. Use the "Foes" function of your control panel:
This post was made by Zwzn who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

:evil:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:32 am

So, no one knows what names go to the scores shown on the TV. I mean it's pretty clear Akane got the 86, but can anyone make out the other names?

72 or 76

91 or 11

by Lioconvoy wrote: I have the volume right in front of my face, her expression is emotionless. I don't want him to see things my way, I just want him to admit it's open to interpertation.

So what do you suggest if the grade is not low?

Are you suggesting the grade is so abnormally good that she is speechless/in shock?

Suddenly being shy doesn't really fit since she loves to show off.

by Lioconvoy wrote: Evidece please. In what story are any of those pointed specifically stated. You're making conclusions. For all we know the Home Ec Teacher gives Akane good grades just so she doesn't repeat the class. Yes we see Akane can't cook, but we have no idea what grades she's gotten.
When the principal tries to teach Akane to swim he states she will fail gym if she can't, and trashing the pool the way she did can't have helped her grade. It also doesn't help she isn't very good at gymnastics, and that is something I've seen commonly taught in anime and manga.

She can barely do many if not everything taught in Home Ec. She has to be doing poorly in Home Ec.

Chemistry is just cooking, but far more likely to kill people if you mix the wrong things together.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Zwzn wrote:So what do you suggest if the grade is not low?

Are you suggesting the grade is so abnormally good that she is speechless/in shock?

Suddenly being shy doesn't really fit since she loves to show off.

After everything that happened she could simply be exuasted. She doesn't have Ranma's stamina.

Zwzn wrote:When the principal tries to teach Akane to swim he states she will fail gym if she can't, and trashing the pool the way she did can't have helped her grade. It also doesn't help she isn't very good at gymnastics, and that is something I've seen commonly taught in anime and manga.

She can barely do many if not everything taught in Home Ec. She has to be doing poorly in Home Ec.

Chemistry is just cooking, but far more likely to kill people if you mix the wrong things together.

It's a comedy Manga, for all we know destroying the pool may have helped her grade simply because they didn't want her to destroy it again. As to gymnastics, she actaully got fairly good before spraining her ankle.

Once again the manga is of the comedy genre. Without evidence, hard eveidence we're left to assume. Again, for all we know the Home Ec Teacher gives Akane good grades just so she doesn't repeat the class.

As to Chemesty, any evidence it's even being taught at Furinkan? Any at all? Furinkan is not you're typical school, in the Anime they show a chemestry club, but anywhere in the manga where they show any scince classes? I'm sure there are some, but chemistry is just one science, there are others that could be taught.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:38 am

by Lioconvoy wrote: After everything that happened she could simply be exuasted. She doesn't have Ranma's stamina.

Akane is still superhuman, and was only keeping up with her slow weak normal classmates. We are talking about a girl who has little trouble sprinting while carrying a refrigerator, and has been through worse without any trouble. Am I misunderstanding something?

I'm not saying there aren't a number of possibilities by the way. I just don't think she did anything that would have left her that tired

by Lioconvoy wrote: It's a comedy Manga, for all we know destroying the pool may have helped her grade simply because they didn't want her to destroy it again. As to gymnastics, she actaully got fairly good before spraining her ankle.

The joke was already given in that swimming is a major part of the grade, and the principal really wants his students to know how to swim so badly he will go to extreme lengths to try and teach them.

by Lioconvoy wrote: Once again the manga is of the comedy genre. Without evidence, hard eveidence we're left to assume. Again, for all we know the Home Ec Teacher gives Akane good grades just so she doesn't repeat the class.

This is a school that doesn't seem to care if it has to fail it's students.

We see Akane make cookies in class that make people sick.

by Lioconvoy wrote: As to Chemesty, any evidence it's even being taught at Furinkan? Any at all? Furinkan is not you're typical school, in the Anime they show a chemestry club, but anywhere in the manga where they show any scince classes? I'm sure there are some, but chemistry is just one science, there are others that could be taught.

I'll concede the point, but chemistry is part of any general science class.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:23 pm

As to Chemesty, any evidence it's even being taught at Furinkan? Any at all?

Yes... there was the episode with the mines... I think that was in the manga as well, I'd have to check.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:39 pm

That was the Chemesty club. Ryoga's first appearence I recall, not in the manga.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Ranma